Narcissism, Sociopathy and the INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Narcissism, Sociopathy and the INFJ

And don't the complexes in question often spring from a deep-seated sense of inferiority? Power is a means by which the deeply personal subjective can be sublimated into an externalized objective, with a discrete measure of number of people controlled, battles won. I'm not saying that all choleric desire is resultant of a more internalized emotional state, but oftentimes it is merely that: a means to an end.

I think that there is a group of people who are very manipulative of the mass of humanity

INFJ's have tended throughout history to throw a spanner in the works of these grand manipulators and as a result are a target of theirs

When these arch manipulators cannot kill an opponent they character assassinate them; they can't kill all the INFJ's, although they have tried in many purges throughout history, but they can try to demonise and alienate them

There are many ways in which this is done and there have been discussions about this elsewhere on the forum

What helps them in their scheme is the fact that INFJ's are already a little distinct from the mass of humanity because they tend to process information differently. This works in the favour of the manipulators whose mantra is 'divide and rule'; their modus operandi is to drive wedges between different groups. They see the best way of lessening the power of an opponent to be to isolate them

The people you are looking for are these manipulators, not the INFJ's; I've called them the 'arch manipulators' here but they have many names

I'm not saying INFJ's aren't flawed, but the flaws you are looking for are somewhere else

Actually, if we take empathy in its broadest definition as "the cognizance of emotion in others", you could easily say that sociopaths have abundant natural empathy - insofar as they understand emotion.
What they lack is sympathy, and I can't even make an honest assumption about whether INFJs necessarily have natural sympathy.

"What they lack is sympathy." I think this is a generalization of an entire "MBTI" type.
It's as if saying, gay people are immoral (which I don't believe). This is too much of a sweeping generalization.

All I can really, or want to say about this, is that I find Narcissists and Sociopaths to be an INFJ's mortal enemy..

Kind of like Dragons and Dogs... The next time somebody suggests to me that I get a Dog as a pet, I will say I do not believe in fairies....

EDIT: Oh Dear.. Somebody already mentioned Hitler... I invoke Godwins Law upon all of yee!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

http://www.damnlol.com/you-have-enemies-34964.html

EDIT: Oh Dear.. Edited again! Dragon, the one posting in this thread, my Dragon reference was NOT at all related to you or your nickname! Pure coincidence; I had not read as far into the thread as your posting by that time! xD

This post makes you sound like a narcissist.

Apparently the phenomenon of narcissism is in no way specific to INFJs...

"Bolognese can be prone to small dog syndrome, human induced behaviors where the dog believes he is pack leader to humans. This can cause behavior programs including separation anxiety and timidity."

bolognese_private.jpg

Reactions: barbad0s
Apparently the phenomenon of narcissism is in no way specific to INFJs...

"Bolognese can be prone to small dog syndrome, human induced behaviors where the dog believes he is pack leader to humans. This can cause behavior programs including separation anxiety and timidity."

View attachment 18205

Who's timid and feels seperate?

If you're directing that at me I personally would describe myself as a pretty confident person who feels a good connection with a good many people

I was talking about some of the famous and influential INFJ's eg Ghandi. He was a courageous guy who stood up against the arch manipulators....do you think he was 'timid'? Millions stood by him....do you think he was 'seperate' or do you think the arch manipulators sitting in their smoky gentlemans clubs scheming against humanity are the ones who are really seperate?

Sure i think young INFJ's go through a period where they have to adjust to being in a minority group in terms of how they process information but as they develop they begin to stand more on their own two feet just like any other type as it matures; they become more cogniscent of their own strengths and weaknesses and of the strengths and weaknesses of others and as a result become more accepting of the differences through a conscious awareness of how different people can all bring something useful to a situation

What the implication is with words such as 'narcissism' and 'sociopathy' is some pretty disturbed states of being that lead to disfunction in a persons life which will affect either their life detrimentally or the lives of others detrimentally or both

We're not talking about a little self love here or annoyance towards others, we are talking about severe pathological conditions; these terms shouldn't be used lightly although i'm sure big pharma would like to see them used lightly so that their DSM clutching minions can chemically cosh more people with the psychotropic drugs that big pharma keep making astronomic profits from

Our world most certainly is being shaped by people with pathological conditions into what is often a harsh place

If you want some proof of this i'd refer you to the book below which explains how a group of people are basically acting as agents of chaos in human affairs by creating and fuelling violence and fear; these people have an agenda to create an order that is favourable to them through chaos and they believe that the end always justifies the means even if the means is the slaughter of thousands of innocents:

''Big Oil & their bankers in the Persian Gulf'', by Dean Henderson, ''pulls back the covers to expose a centuries old cabal of global oligarchs whose control over the global economy is based on hegemony over the planet's three most valuable commodities: oil, guns and drugs- combined with ownership of the world's central banks''

These people are creating a world based around their ideologies (fascism and consumerism) which leave many feeling alienated because these states of being do not match what humans have evolved over 200,000 years to be. This leaves many feeling alienated and insecure which is a mental state that is the very cornerstone of the ideology of 'consumer-ism'. If a person is secure they don't need to keep consuming as much eg i like my car and i don't need to upgrade it to keep my status anxiety in check because my neighbour has just bought a newer model because i'm inner directed and couldn't care less about an item that is essentially just a tool and i don't need to place my sense of value in an object

Making people feel isolated and insecure is also a great way to induce anxiety which if it goes further becomes mania which means that the DSM clutching minions can then prescribe more of big pharmas drugs $$$$$$cha-ching!$$$$$$cha-ching!$$$$$$cha-ching!$$$$$, not to mention the powerful role these drugs play in controlling the population and keeping them as the slaves of the arch manipulators

I have debated with many people now irl and online and i have noticed that the INFJ's consistently line up on one side in the corporations v's the people debates. There are other types (which i won't mention) which often line up on the other side of the debates

This is why i think when you want to point the finger at which types are more prone to certain behaviours when becoming pathological i think that the INFJ is not really the type most worthy of your demonisation

Last edited:
1) The basic trait of INFJ is empathy. This feature of personality excludes possibility to hurt others whatever the reason.
2) Narcissism and Sociopathy have basis in functional dysfunction of brain part. This can happen to every kind of personality.
3) Are you writing theses about this topic and you need opinions?

Reactions: Happy Phantom
Curious about the ISTJ personality type and if these type of people are more prone to narcissism. My father and sister are both narcissistic ISTJs with some OCD thrown in. Here's what I was reading on the personality type (http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTJ.html).

Also curious if INFJs are more likely to develop as a result of growing up with a narcissist parent. Any others out there?

I would have to disagree, as an INFJ that is related to a sociopath and raised by two occupational geniuses, I believe it's just a matter of when it comes to identifying as a victim or not, INFJ's will say "Let's focus on helping others in order to do the best we can" which sounds nice but actually is the reason they share the same qualities as sociopaths: strong decision making power, idealistic outlook and goals, very personal morals based on their own experience, cut off from the normals. A sociopath is an ugly word for someone who cuts off their external side from their internal side in order to do whatever they want, but that's like saying robots can never feel love. An INFJ with that moral barrier broken down is like an AI gone rogue. They would probably kill half the population to preserve the human race, without blinking. Helping others above all is the INFJ's reason for being, without the human softness and guilt. Definitely possible, and most likely already happening.

Reactions: Wyote
I would have to disagree, as an INFJ that is related to a sociopath and raised by two occupational geniuses, I believe it's just a matter of when it comes to identifying as a victim or not, INFJ's will say "Let's focus on helping others in order to do the best we can" which sounds nice but actually is the reason they share the same qualities as sociopaths: strong decision making power, idealistic outlook and goals, very personal morals based on their own experience, cut off from the normals. A sociopath is an ugly word for someone who cuts off their external side from their internal side in order to do whatever they want, but that's like saying robots can never feel love. An INFJ with that moral barrier broken down is like an AI gone rogue. They would probably kill half the population to preserve the human race, without blinking. Helping others above all is the INFJ's reason for being, without the human softness and guilt. Definitely possible, and most likely already happening.
No. Just no. I disagree. Any “type” can have mental / personality disorders. Also I have a terrible time making decisions and I’ll sit on and put up with shit for far too long.

Reactions: Ren and Wyote
There may very well be INFJs who are sociopaths or narcissists, but I don’t think it’s common. As previously stated, INFJs in general are extremely empathic. There may be moments when that empathy breaks down and then we’re just like any other asshole out there, but that doesn’t make an INFJ a sociopath or a narcissist.

Neither is an INFJ’s tendency to be abstract somehow equivalent to the impersonal manipulations of sociopaths and narcissists, which allows them to prey on their close ones. Every thing your read about INFJs and relationships has us givin too much and becoming unhappy as a result of it. This never happens in a narcissistic or sociopathic relationship.

Plus, INFJs tend to be overly conscientious and question ourselves too
much. I mean, sociopaths and narcissists are the last to worry about their personality. If you’ve ever read anything written by a sociopath or just Trump’s tweets, it’s all, I’m better than anyone else and everyone else is stupid and unworthy. That kind of thinking does not lend itself for honest self reflection. I think the tendency to equate the negative side of INFJs to extreme personality disorders has more to do with INFJs than the dirsorders themselves.

I think the tendency to equate the negative side of INFJs to extreme personality disorders has more to do with INFJs than the dirsorders themselves.

What! I'll fight you!

giphy.gif

What I did notice a while ago was that IDRlabs says here (bottom left of the page) that the INFJ type is "Somewhat linked to the Depressive and Narcissistic personalities." There is a link but I can't open it because I don't have membership to the website.

Anyway this piqued my interest. I cannot say much else as I have not looked into it yet.

Reactions: heartcore and Wyote