Muppet Chaos Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

z523x4gr98j

Regular Poster
Mar 26, 2009
MBTI
xxxx
Every once in a while, an idea comes along that changes the way we all look at ourselves forever. Before Descartes, nobody knew they were thinking. They all believed they were just mulling. Until Karl Marx, everyone totally hated one another but nobody knew quite why. And before Freud, nobody understood that all of humanity could be classified into one of two simple types: people who don’t yet know they want to sleep with their mothers, and people who already know they want to sleep with their mothers. These dialectics can change and shape who we are so profoundly, it’s hard to imagine life before the paradigm at all.

The same thing is true of Muppet Theory, a little-known, poorly understood philosophy that holds that every living human can be classified according to one simple metric: Every one of us is either a Chaos Muppet or an Order Muppet.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/low_concept/2012/06/what_kind_of_muppet_are_you_chaos_or_order_.html?fb_ref=sm_fb_like_chunky&fb_source=tickerdialog_multiline

Are you a Chaos Muppet or an Order Muppet? Which MBTI types respond to which Muppet type? What are the MBTI types of all the Muppets?

Discuss!

Reactions: barbad0s
This is great! I am totally a Bert. As far as MBTI types go.... Big Bird must be an ENFP.....

IDK- this article is hilarious though-
especially faux-chaos muppets

I feel like I am kind of in between, but leaning more on the chaos side; I think left to my own devices, I will assume chaos muppet form. But I have a certain threshold in me which when it is crossed in situations with other people, I will take on the form of whatever is type is needed to have a more appropriate chaos to order muppet balance in that social setting, for its optimal functioning.

Big Bird is a good one to bring up... I don't think he is strongly one or the other.

Beaker - Definitely chaos, all the way :)

Zoe ...Chaos muppet ;D But I pretend to be organized.
...I loved the "Order Muppets do seem to attract the ladies, but then Chaos Muppets collect the chicken harems." line in the article BTW. It also seems me and my husband (Cookie Monster) are both Chaos Muppets so the formula dictates our kids are all Elmos. ;D

Order muppet...I think...
...tend to be neurotic, highly regimented, averse to surprises and may sport monstrously large eyebrows. They sometimes resent the responsibility of the world weighing on their felt shoulders, but they secretly revel in the knowledge that they keep the show running.
Sounds like me.

what would Miss Piggy be? i am totally her.

Status
Not open for further replies.