most listened to podcast

Saram

Regular Poster
Mar 30, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9/4
Which podcast do you like the most, and why?

I like Zencast: lots of wisdom
and
Hardcore History by Dan Carlin: loaded with info, he takes the side of both the good and the bad guy
and
Wiretap: very funny, introspective

I agree with you Sara. Zencast is super good!

Reactions: slant
Yeah. Now where did I put my coffee. Hmmm. Oh, did I put it in fridge?

Reactions: slant
I'm a podcast junkie. God, my fantasy is getting unfettered access to people's YouTube and podcast listening data. Not for any commerical use but more sociological. I wanna know what you like....

As for what I like, well, it's a bit random.

"Weird medicine with Dr Steve" I listen to every week. Dr answers medical questions with humor

"True crime brewery" a married couple in their 50's discuss true crime
"Conspiracy therapy" a group of friends discuss conspiracy theories
"True crime guys" two friends discuss true crime cases
"This is actually happening" true shocking stories
"The ghost story guys" This one two friends read ghost stories people submitted and kinda banter

"Exploited: crimes against humanity" <-- this one is a really good one about human trafficking and law enforcement training and how to protect kids from predators

Those are the highlights. I listen to way too many to list them all

Reactions: Asa and Wyote
I also subscribe to a bunch. Some highlights:

Baby Geniuses - Comedy and weird knowledge
Axe of the Blood God - RPG video games chatter
Death by Monsters - Mysteries and monsters
My Favorite Murder - Just talkin bout grisly deaths
Night Call - Cults and pop culture
Retronauts - Old video games chatter

Rich Roll – Interviews with random, inspiring people asking in-depth questions, usually focusing on veganism, health, making healthy mental or physical changes, what it means to succeed, and what it means to be fulfilled. Or, just people with interesting life stories. He's very LA, though.
(It's turning into a cliché that I will recommend a RR podcast to you at some point, but his podcast covers a lot of topics.)

Sean Carroll's Mindscape – Science, society, philosophy, culture, arts, and ideas.

(My other podcast addiction.)

Myths & Legends – Humorous take on mythology. It's fun. I usually know the myths he tells, but his way of telling the stories is entertaining.

Between The Covers – Literature.

Complexity by the Santa Fe Institute – Science, philosophy, sometimes arts.

I listen to others, but those are the core ones.

I have been listening to Know Your Enemy for the past few weeks. I am on episode 25. I highly recommend The Last Archive and I occasionally listen to Lex Fridman, depending on the guest, he had a great interview with one of the Navy pilots who chased the UAP "tic tac".

Reactions: Wyote
Pretty excited that Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness is being made into a Netflix show.

I don't listen to podcasts with much consistency, I like picking them up for a few episodes to see what they're about but then I get busy with other things.

Reactions: Asa and acd
Pretty excited that Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness is being made into a Netflix show.
I love him. Oh I will watch that. I started watching the new Queer Eye on Netflix and it's just so positive and good.
Not a big podcast person.

Reactions: Wyote
I started watching the new Queer Eye on Netflix and it's just so positive and good.

It's great, better than the original series even

The ep Angel Gets Her Wings had me crying lol.

Oh yeah that was a good one, when she reconnected with her dad and he was just super chill about everything, that was nice to see.
It's a shame it can't go that way in a lot of circumstances. I hope her dad stayed that way after the cameras left.

Reactions: acd
I used to listen to "Welcome to Nightvale". and all of "sword and scale".

currently listening to = PEL "partially examined life". from the first on 80-90 now. & "philosophize this". Stephen west talk down to him self too much.

"No such thing as a fish" is great.

Not much into podcasts or talk-radio, but I'll listen to PBS Space-Time, occasionally ,Anton Petrov's regular astronomy/astrophysics bit, as well as Scott Manley's aeronautics/space program commentary, and occasionally, The Critical Drinker's movie/tv reviews.

Reading non fiction is my preferred quiet pastime. If I'm reading something philosophical, theological, or psychological, I'll read only a few pages, then spend the rest of the day thinking about it.

Not my "favorite," but I've been listening to "Risk!" lately. It's like The Moth, but a little less stuffy and it is free. The theme is "stories I never thought I'd tell."
Everything from sleepy, cute, funny, and poignant to NSFW.

Not my "favorite," but I've been listening to "Risk!" lately. It's like The Moth, but a little less stuffy and it is free. The theme is "stories I never thought I'd tell."
Everything from sleepy, cute, funny, and poignant to NSFW.

When the mention is so appealing that it feels like a recommendation verging on advertising.

Thank You,
Ian

Reactions: ErikAlberto and Asa
When the mention is so appealing that it feels like a recommendation verging on advertising.

Thank You,
Ian

Do you want me to just tell you which episode is NSFW?