Models of happiness

Vilku

Community Member
Feb 8, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1, 7w6, 4w3
you now have reached everything you wanted to achieve in your life, but you have hundreds of years left to live.
what is it that you've reached?
what have you attained?
is it sustainable enough to keep you happy for couple hundred years more, and what about a few thousands?
do you see implications how it might not work after all in the test of time?
is it possible, that by achieving it you've somehow destroyed happiness of some others?

ill start with mine:
i now have reached a state, where i can effortlessly create anything which i wish, for the mere enjoyment of doing so.
i can also share my creations to others in a virtual reality, and ive reached a state where i hold no desire other than to enjoy that kind of life.
no desire to get better, no desire to help them all by becoming the best creator.
and by not having any desires, my view is now open to all the possibilities which never existed and thus that clarity is what happens to make me the best creator, even as it was half selfishly half selflessly. or maybe neither of those concepts exist in me anymore?
no ego in me, only enjoyment.

(spot any flaws or potential dangers in my model? don't hesitate to criticize!)
oh, and by the "anything" i mean whatever laws of physics permits my body with. (including technology in cooperation.)

eh.. i just realized mine sounds awfully INFP like O_O!

- nothing. Achievement for me is achieving various tasks throughout my life and then moving on to another worthwhile project. I can never have achieved it all because there's always something else to be done.

what have you attained?
- a better understanding of people, the world, etc.

is it sustainable enough to keep you happy for couple hundred years more, and what about a few thousands?
- not sure. I don't really see myself as doing things for the sake of living forever or doing nothing to bide my time on earth. The only value, for me, is in what God has destined for me. If I don't see or follow that, which I've fallen short of doing, then I've missed the value of it all.

- see response above

is it possible, that by achieving it you've somehow destroyed happiness of some others?
- how can you destroy happiness if you're not even sure of your own happiness? And how do you know if happiness has been reached? I can make others happy but yet not be happy myself. Or I can be happy, and despite my efforts to make someone happy, they may still not be happy. You can't be in charge of someone else's happiness but you can do what you can to make it possible for them to have some happiness. But it's up to them to determine their happiness.

- nothing. Achievement for me is achieving various tasks throughout my life and then moving on to another worthwhile project. I can never have achieved it all because there's always something else to be done.

what have you attained?
- a better understanding of people, the world, etc.

- not sure. I don't really see myself as doing things for the sake of living forever or doing nothing to bide my time on earth. The only value, for me, is in what God has destined for me. If I don't see or follow that, which I've fallen short of doing, then I've missed the value of it all.

- see response above

- how can you destroy happiness if you're not even sure of your own happiness? And how do you know if happiness has been reached? I can make others happy but yet not be happy myself. Or I can be happy, and despite my efforts to make someone happy, they may still not be happy. You can't be in charge of someone else's happiness but you can do what you can to make it possible for them to have some happiness. But it's up to them to determine their happiness.

thus you form an ideology of infinite achieving?
many are not in charge of their happiness, as one can master only two introverted functions and the other two?
well, others are in charge of those.
(this for example explains why intp's rant others of being too stupid while their selective expectations are what they've lived their whole lives with, and thus no other type is really capable of doing it exactly the same way.(yet they expect, until realizing how stupid those expectations were when they mature.) same goes for every other type, different element only.)

and having intro dom function, you easily go expecting others to have such a control of that part in themselves, while they dont and they expect you to have ultimate charge on something you dont: which creates the possibilities of destroying others happiness without even realizing you did.
in other words only expect that from others which they poses the potential for, but then.. this sentence would only be targeted for Ni users <.<

if you were destined to live thousands of years, whether in heaven or however you would prefer to explain it, how would you cope?

thus you form an ideology of infinite achieving?
many are not in charge of their happiness, as one can master only two introverted functions and the other two?
well, others are in charge of those.

My point is that whether or not people are not in charge of their own happiness cannot diminish the fact that I am not in charge of someone else's happiness even if they think I am. I see this everyday. People not working hard or hard enough and then blaming someone else for failing because they see their success as based on someone else's efforts or what someone else can do for them instead of what they can do for themselves. What these people learn is a lack of personal accountability for their lives and their achievements. To really live your life with control in your own hands, you have to begin with the premise that happiness is in your own hands.

what is it that you've reached? I have become better at reaching.

what have you attained? An understanding that what is attained is something that can also be lost.

is it sustainable enough to keep you happy for couple hundred years more, and what about a few thousands? I believe we live many lifetimes in order to master the art of compassion and humanity. So, if I lived enough lifetimes to reach thousands of years I would be a better human being than I am now.

do you see implications how it might not work after all in the test of time? Of course, anything we have, possess, attain, obtain, etc, can be lost, including our physical lives.

is it possible, that by achieving it you've somehow destroyed happiness of some others? As human beings we hurt each other, ourselves, etc. This is unfortunate but it is also real. The best we can do is take responsibility for our actions both positive and negative, apologize when we screw up, try to correct a negative situation that we have caused, and learn from our mistakes.

I have reached spiritual maturity. Need I answer the rest with that response?

My point is that whether or not people are not in charge of their own happiness cannot diminish the fact that I am not in charge of someone else's happiness even if they think I am. I see this everyday. People not working hard or hard enough and then blaming someone else for failing because they see their success as based on someone else's efforts or what someone else can do for them instead of what they can do for themselves. What these people learn is a lack of personal accountability for their lives and their achievements. To really live your life with control in your own hands, you have to begin with the premise that happiness is in your own hands.

it is different to blame than what really happens.

my point was more like this: an immature esfp, going all for their happiness, "me money me momeny money me".
well, they might even give advice to others, or more like demands without any thinking backing those demands which can destroy others when you trusted that person albeit they never cared beyond themselves.
probably gave that "advice" only cause they were annoyed for you not talking about them and their monetary property.

and thats what im talking about, you cant only look for your own happiness, you must include others in it by using your four functions to maximum not just the first three.

and also, money kills more people every year than any other preventable cause, are these immature money obsessed people responsible? YES. they are. and the ones supporting such flawed system, are equally responsible as are those who allow it to manifest.

you cant only look for your own happiness, you must include others in it

I think that says it all. If all human beings felt this way, well, we would be living in a very different reality than we live in now. :smile:

I believe in attaining anything because I'd just lose it anyways. I also don't believe that things can ever really get to a point where you're always happy-- it's more like you feel happy sometimes and sometimes you don't, and it's just like that forever. I don't really think it would ever change… but I do think it's possible to be at peace with yourself and what you believe.

If I still had hundreds of years to go, then I'd love to be able go into outer space. If we're talking hundreds of years, then I'd keep going up every year and keep seeing new things. Technology would improve so I might even be able to see Jupiter up close-- maybe besides seeing the Sun up close, I think that would be one of the most amazing and terrifying things you could ever witness. It would be absolutely incredible to land on one of Jupiter's moons and then see Jupiter in the sky and the Sun on the other side, smaller in the sky than here.

I don't think that it would destroy the happiness of others except in that they might be jealous. The only problem is that it would take forever to get there.

I can't imagine reaching everything I'd ever want to achieve in life-- you can always do more and it can always be better.

maybe besides seeing the Sun up close, I think that would be one of the most amazing and terrifying things you could ever witness.

that, i wouldnt recommend!

look up on our nearest star, oh nvm, your sight is damaged now.

heheh, try imagine that intense brightness up close? can you? quite overwhelming. as that what we see during day is reduced both by a great distance and a thick atmosphere.

that, i wouldnt recommend!

look up on our nearest star, oh nvm, your sight is damaged now.

heheh, try imagine that intense brightness up close? can you? quite overwhelming. as that what we see during day is reduced both by a great distance and a thick atmosphere.

I would be behind a protective shield sort of like the visors the astronauts have, but stronger. Have you ever seen the movie 'Sunshine' where they have to restart the sun? I was thinking it would be something like that.

I would be behind a protective shield sort of like the visors the astronauts have, but stronger. Have you ever seen the movie 'Sunshine' where they have to restart the sun? I was thinking it would be something like that.

i find investing on super monitors a more practical and enjoyable way.
we already have telescopes strong enough, only need neww monitor technology to replace displayer machines. maybe something more integral?

sitting in a spaceship is one thing, but to have it inside your brains? thats more like my way.
more quality and everything: google sun? xD.. although thats more than likely coming much before such technology.
(but id use that technology minecraft style rather than for viewing purposes.)