Mindfulness | INFJ Forum

Mindfulness

Isn't mindfulness just paying attention or being observant? I don't think it's mystical and I don't think it's miraculous. I think we all need to be more conscious of why we do things and how we affect others but our unconscious plays a large role that mindfulness could never replace. There are just too many calculations for our brains to do for us to be mindful of everything. Sometimes we just have to rely on patterns and when the exceptions slap us in the face, smile and keep going.

I hope I haven't totally misinterpreted your question but that's what came to my mind.

elaborate please [MENTION=4434]brownegg[/MENTION].

If you mean mindfulness as in consciously and actively appreciating what is going on around you, then yes, I do that every day.

Reactions: slant
@ Duty

[MENTION=3710]kiu[/MENTION]

[MENTION=2259]Kmal[/MENTION]

This was, indeed, a vague post. I don't believe that mindfulness is mystical either, but I do think it is not well practiced, at least in my neck of the woods.

I've been trying to notice sensation and sound more fully and notice thoughts without latching on to them.

To generally come back into my body.

These are all things that I think I have lost along the way, from childhood to the present.

I've been enjoying noticing things more. Heck, I even missed stepping into a truly foul puddle today :)

LA does not seem to breed self awareness.

Yes, I have been engaged in mindfullness in the context of my spiritual heritage for many years.

self awareness.
this is what i thought you meant. i always pride my self on being very self aware, which i figured was an infj trait.

to the OP: i use it in how my actions effect others. what i do and say effects everyone and everything around me, so i must be careful in what i express for optimal results.

I wanted to talk about this so I'm reviving this thread. Let's talk mindfulness. I think it's gotten much more mainstream and popular since this thread was created so hopefully we'll get a wider range of responses.

I've been posting a lot in the journaling Reddit and people Express time and time again how they "hold back" in their diaries and I was thinking about how odd it is that I don't. I thought about it a while and I realized the reason why is because I don't think of my thoughts as representative of myself. Through mindfulness to combat anxiety I see my brain now as a puzzle to solve, a beast to best. So when my thoughts are not what I like, I observe them, observe that I don't like the thoughts, and let them pass. I have found for me, trying to change the thoughts or ignore them doesn't work.

Mindfulness I have grouped with some specific habits:

Journaling daily
Filling out a self triad document I made. I'll attach it here. Please dont steal it. I mean you can use it but don't put it anywhere else or try to make money off it :p

If you look at the doc I would say most of those tasks are mindfulness oriented. I use to have "watch the sun set and rise" every day but I've gotten pretty good at that so I don't have to check it anymore. I revise the self triad frequently to reflect what I'm working on being mindful of.

It really has been a life changing practice for me.

I don't put it on the self triad but part of it I also list what I'm grateful for every day- gratitude though deserves its own thread.

Attachments

• SELF TRIAD.pdf
    64.4 KB · Views: 4
It really has been a life changing practice for me.

I don't put it on the self triad but part of it I also list what I'm grateful for every day- gratitude though deserves its own thread.

96d9a9e673d3bd34eb33c6ca1d3a03f2.jpg

I intentionally add mindful tasks to my daily routines. . like switching to pour over coffee. .each step is one to do deliberately. . my daily walk in the forest. . I try to stay mindful all day long. .key word here is ,try