Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Epiphenomenalism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Materialism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
I admit i think the idea is bogus.its primitive and sorta insult the intellegence of the average folk.

There's many thread like this at better quality. Sooooo....the trick is to control body with mind lol

Not to spoil the fun.

I admit i think the idea is bogus.its primitive and sorta insult the intellegence of the average folk.

There's many thread like this at better quality. Sooooo....the trick is to control body with mind lol

Not to spoil the fun.

lol k

it's sad to have this icky feeling you're not trying to troll me. You're serious.

but okay

Have this, as a spiritual handshake.

m_2388741_f4Rt0UmrAlNA.png

Keen observers will realize the relevance of this picture to the subject at hand. Especially considering the more monist solutions.

Reactions: Rcs6r
Does anybody possess a gibberish to English translation, please? I'm completely lost.

Once i read a very good book about brainshawing, and how it works. The mind is malleable for the most part, much more than it seems, concepts like Descarte's Dualism are now outdated for the most part, you'll be surprised how easy it is to fool oneself from what you perceive in the environment, it's amazing, and horrifying too. There's no dualism there imo.

What is there to not undestandor.

Sounds like it's time for the UNDERSTANDABROS!

This would be their trailer if you replace EXPENDABROS with UNDERSTANDABROS I would make my own but I'm too lazy and nevermind

[video=youtube;NHjWmYxhTQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHjWmYxhTQk[/video]

I don't believe any of the current theories really suffice. My own thoughts on the subject are difficult to put into words are rife with their own flaws. I suppose they're somewhat hermetic in nature (in that the answer lies through a combination of multiple interpretations of reality.)

TL: DR I don't cotton to none of your fancy pants words.

I dont like the cut of anyones jib!

What's your stance in the discussion about the relationship between mind and body?
Please do not post unless you know what the problem is and which solutions have been proposed historically.
The mind as its encompassed in the word may not be what Im trying to express. The cosmic mind controls the body so how could a comparison be made?

The room you are looking at and the computer you are typing on do not exist outside you....they exist within you

Really? Well that means you also exist within me...
And you existing within me must be I must say, the most stupid existence I have within me...

Well, okay. That's fair.

When it comes to philosophy (and this particular topic), I dislike a lot of the semantic quibbling and nit-picking over terminology - but I see your point about dualism vs. materialism.

My point is that the so-called problem presupposes a specific metaphysical explanation for reality which is what creates the problem in the first place. As a crude analogy, it's like looking at this optical illusion:

rubin-face.jpg

...but insisting it must be either 1) a candlestick or 2) a pair of human profiles. Refusal to recognize them as both, simultaneously, is what makes the problem 'hard'. If you do see them as both, it's no longer 'hard'. It's not even a problem in the first place.

interesting...

It's only a "problem" because the question itself assumes a materialist ontology.

I don't care for any of the solutions to this so-called problem that try to maintain materialism; they mostly just seem like pretzel logic arguments to me. The only tebable arguments that I've seen are the ones that no longer require a bridge between mind and matter.
I don't think it necessarely assumes a materialistic ontology.
Its more like...questioning and be opened with all the perspective.
For me, I can see it as a problem...I simply want to know wether I have a mind that trascends the physical world or its all just my meaty and "carnal" brain, to which everything changes...

Really? Well that means you also exist within me...
And you existing within me must be I must say, the most stupid existence I have within me...

When you 'look' at something you are really just taking in light through your eyeballs...yes?

You are then converting that light energy into electrical energy that passes through your optic nerves into your brain

Your brain then reassembles that information into an image in your brain

So that image you see right now is nothing more than an image in your brain

The information that you took into your brain was nothing more than waveform information that your brain has decoded into an image

So the room you see right now exists in your brain. Outwith your brain it is waveform energy

When you 'look' at something you are really just taking in light through your eyeballs...yes?
You are then converting that light energy into electrical energy that passes through your optic nerves into your brain

Your brain then reassembles that information into an image in your brain

So that image you see right now is nothing more than an image in your brain

The information that you took into your brain was nothing more than waveform information that your brain has decoded into an image

So the room you see right now exists in your brain. Outwith your brain it is waveform energy

If I may, the two bolded parts are contradictory....
When you say that there is light that then enters your eye balls, that leads to the question of where did that light come from and why is it the way it is. That leaves two possibilities. Either it comes from what it seems to come from, meaning an objective room that does exist outside your brain, or it comes by design from something else that fools your senses into thinking your somewhere that your not. This is similar to the matrix concept. Either case however implies that there is an objective reality outside of the mind to feed input into your eyeballs, be it as it seems or not. By that conclusion either the room exists or it doesn't, and the perception of the room exists in your brain.
Perhaps I'm taking you to literally, however I thought to make the distinction in case you where taking it literally.

I found this thread because I'm writing a paper on determinism and free will, and my professor suggested I look into the mind body problem. Quite a complicated concept. But my stance is that why cannot we simply conceptualize the mind as the cognitive process going on within an agent? I don't see why complicated information transfer cannot necessarily lead to understanding of that information. The difference between mind and body are only conceptual, I don't think there is a physical difference.

I found this thread because I'm writing a paper on determinism and free will, and my professor suggested I look into the mind body problem. Quite a complicated concept. But my stance is that why cannot we simply conceptualize the mind as the cognitive process going on within an agent? I don't see why complicated information transfer cannot necessarily lead to understanding of that information. The difference between mind and body are only conceptual, I don't think there is a physical difference.

Which cognitive processes? They are several and not all lend themselves to conscious awareness. There are also emotional processes to consider, as they are separate from cognition's ability to manipulate information yet also influence how, when, and where we manipulate.

I'm not sure whether you are writing this paper for a philosophy or a psychology course (probably the former), but I can tell you that contemporary psychology views the body and mind as intertwined entities, and consciousness/awareness in particular as an emergent property of brain function and activity. If all our neural circuitry is intact, so is our agency and ability to appraise information, make decisions, and thereby guide ourselves. If it is not, then we cannot. From what I know, it seems like free will operates on a conditional threshold. We can alter our brain activity (to an extent) and our brain activity can alter us.

There is a series of books on the subject of self-hood, a subject that ties into the ancient M-B problem, which you may find helpful. Google Douglas Hofstadter's "I am a strange loop" and "Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid".

If I may, the two bolded parts are contradictory....
When you say that there is light that then enters your eye balls, that leads to the question of where did that light come from and why is it the way it is. That leaves two possibilities. Either it comes from what it seems to come from, meaning an objective room that does exist outside your brain, or it comes by design from something else that fools your senses into thinking your somewhere that your not. This is similar to the matrix concept. Either case however implies that there is an objective reality outside of the mind to feed input into your eyeballs, be it as it seems or not. By that conclusion either the room exists or it doesn't, and the perception of the room exists in your brain.
Perhaps I'm taking you to literally, however I thought to make the distinction in case you where taking it literally.

Visible light is only a thin band of the light spectrum

It is possible that we are being manipulated to only see a very thin band of reality

In turn this perception of reality being given to us may also be a manipulated perception of reality: the matrix

if we take into account that we are not actually solid and that non of our 'reality' is solid but rather a waveform holographic projection then we can begin to see how our reality or rather our perception of reality is false and that is what the gnostics were saying 2000 years ago

They said that an intelligence they called the 'demiurge' (saturn is an expression of the demiurge) was creating a false reality (the matrix) and that it had entities (kinda like non-organic cyborgs) called 'ARCHONS' helping it to uphold the matrix

The archons feed off human emotion with FEAR being a particularly powerful foodstuff for them. This is all happening on the waveform level

What scientists call 'dark matter' might actually be the real reality

What scientists call 'junk DNA' is not junk at all and DNA is a receiver and also a storehouse of information. Our DNA has been altered (by the archons) to receive and decode the matrix signal

When people report 'alien abductions' where they are submitted to invasive experiments and so on is in fact archon interference; archons cannot manifest for long in this dimension but they can operate through people because they are mind parasites; they have hybrid bloodlines on this earth who are particularly easy for them to synche with....the people we commonly see in power that we might call 'psychopaths' are really under archontic control

The archons lack empathy and creativity and resent human creativity. They like 'psychopaths' operate like a hive. Psychopaths tend to congregate together in hierarchies

The cube is a symbol of archontic saturn and interestingly enough star trek has bad guys called 'the borg' who are non-organic cyborgs who fly around in a cube trying to 'assimilate' people into their hive mind

The matrix films were also taken from gnostic ideas

These gnostics ideas of archons date back 2000 years in some texts (in truth probably much older)

The gnostics tell us that the archons (greys and reptilians) are mind parasites who can remote view our dimension and who can implant bad thoughts and emotions into our minds; they feed off our fear and orchestrate catastrophic events on our earth in order to harvest negative energy

They are upholding the matrix to lock humanity into an enslaved state of being like farm animals but humans have powerful creative abilities and are not helpless in this process; the problem is that the knowledge that would set them free has been violently suppressed down through the ages by the archontic hybrid bloodlines operating for example through the church of rome who waged violent crusades against the gnostics in europe

Even the political system is archontically rigged with both political parties just two faces of the same creature

Thye archontic hybrid bloodlies which so jelously intebred in europe for example in the royal households and banking dynasties control all the areas of human life that might share information such as thre media and education; so as you learn at your university just remmeber that part of the aim of that institution is to get you to think mainly from your left hemisphere of your brain because this helps limit your perceptual awareness

Once you gain your 'degree' you will attend a graduation ceremony wearing black saturnian robes and a black saturnian square hat

Visible light is only a thin band of the light spectrum

It is possible that we are being manipulated to only see a very thin band of reality

In turn this perception of reality being given to us may also be a manipulated perception of reality: the matrix

if we take into account that we are not actually solid and that non of our 'reality' is solid but rather a waveform holographic projection then we can begin to see how our reality or rather our perception of reality is false and that is what the gnostics were saying 2000 years ago

They said that an intelligence they called the 'demiurge' (saturn is an expression of the demiurge) was creating a false reality (the matrix) and that it had entities (kinda like non-organic cyborgs) called 'ARCHONS' helping it to uphold the matrix

The archons feed off human emotion with FEAR being a particularly powerful foodstuff for them. This is all happening on the waveform level

What scientists call 'dark matter' might actually be the real reality

What scientists call 'junk DNA' is not junk at all and DNA is a receiver and also a storehouse of information. Our DNA has been altered (by the archons) to receive and decode the matrix signal

When people report 'alien abductions' where they are submitted to invasive experiments and so on is in fact archon interference; archons cannot manifest for long in this dimension but they can operate through people because they are mind parasites; they have hybrid bloodlines on this earth who are particularly easy for them to synche with....the people we commonly see in power that we might call 'psychopaths' are really under archontic control

The archons lack empathy and creativity and resent human creativity. They like 'psychopaths' operate like a hive. Psychopaths tend to congregate together in hierarchies

The cube is a symbol of archontic saturn and interestingly enough star trek has bad guys called 'the borg' who are non-organic cyborgs who fly around in a cube trying to 'assimilate' people into their hive mind

The matrix films were also taken from gnostic ideas

These gnostics ideas of archons date back 2000 years in some texts (in truth probably much older)

The gnostics tell us that the archons (greys and reptilians) are mind parasites who can remote view our dimension and who can implant bad thoughts and emotions into our minds; they feed off our fear and orchestrate catastrophic events on our earth in order to harvest negative energy

They are upholding the matrix to lock humanity into an enslaved state of being like farm animals but humans have powerful creative abilities and are not helpless in this process; the problem is that the knowledge that would set them free has been violently suppressed down through the ages by the archontic hybrid bloodlines operating for example through the church of rome who waged violent crusades against the gnostics in europe

Even the political system is archontically rigged with both political parties just two faces of the same creature

Thye archontic hybrid bloodlies which so jelously intebred in europe for example in the royal households and banking dynasties control all the areas of human life that might share information such as thre media and education; so as you learn at your university just remmeber that part of the aim of that institution is to get you to think mainly from your left hemisphere of your brain because this helps limit your perceptual awareness

Once you gain your 'degree' you will attend a graduation ceremony wearing black saturnian robes and a black saturnian square hat

Ok I'm not even going to try to point out everything that's wrong with this.

However, giving you the benefit of the doubt, how is this even remotely relevant in regards to the mind body problem? I may have missed your point somewhere in all the tea photons...

Ok I'm not even going to try to point out everything that's wrong with this.

However, giving you the benefit of the doubt, how is this even remotely relevant in regards to the mind body problem? I may have missed your point somewhere in all the tea photons...

You posted regarding one of my posts so i replied to your post

if you do not want a conversation do not initiate one