Miegakure: A puzzle platformer in four dimensions | INFJ Forum

Miegakure: A puzzle platformer in four dimensions

:m063:

For the record my mind just blew up...

...It was like my brain was MADE for this. This is right up my alley. I LOVE puzzles like that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KT4M7kiSw"]YouTube- Carl Sagan 4th Dimension Explanation[/ame]

:m063:

For the record my mind just blew up...

...It was like my brain was MADE for this. This is right up my alley. I LOVE puzzles like that.

What'd I miss.....? I realize that I'm viewing the game on a 2d flat screen display but I don't see the extraordinariness behind the video. <,<. I feel a bit dumb

Then there is also this excellent book From Hell, by Alan Moore, that explores the subject from a slightly different angle. :) (And nevermind the movie - it totally misses all interesting points.)

FHCH2P14.JPG

Well, that was off topic, really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reon
The video is a little misleading, because it presents the objects as if they are what they are shown to be, which in fact is just their 3D-section from a 4D-object. You begin to realize what the 4D-object is, by moving the section for the 3D-part you get to see.

To get a better idea with the 2D-flatland, you should imagine complex 3D-objects moving through the surface of water, and only seeing the part of them which is at the surface at the moment.

I've done some interactive experiments with 4D-to-3D projections, but didn't get a feeling it could be playable. I'm guessing he uses additional restrictions, so what you see is not exactly canonical projection.