Messy or neat? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Messy or neat?

I'm more in the center as well. Not a neat freak but don't like messy either. Definitely like to be able to find things. I don't like to take the time to clean but will do it from time to time and then feel better after it.

Aquinas said:
Good, I'm not the only one :mrgreen:

I am terribly messy. I think it's partly because I'm not really in touch with reality, I don't really care. I am fairly tidy in spaces I share with other people (forcing myself) though. Mh, at least I try. I need work.

Once I start cleaning though (= when I can't see the floor for the mess anymore) I have to clean and tidy everything thoroughly.

I dread waking up in the morning because i cannot see the floor :)

Two weeks worth of clothes are scattered everywhere. I still have the fold out metal camping table in my room from a month ago when I was going to have a political meeting and ended up drinking remy martin vsop and watching swap.avi... books are scattered everywhere, i've paperwork and headphones and bugs and all sorts of covert surveillance equipment (from when i was studying to be a private investigator) all over my desk, I'm certain there is broken glass in my room somewhere...

I'd clean up, but I still have another two months worth of clothes in the cupboard :D

Satya, I'm looking for a housemate...

ShaiGar said:
I dread waking up in the morning because i cannot see the floor :)

Two weeks worth of clothes are scattered everywhere. I still have the fold out metal camping table in my room from a month ago when I was going to have a political meeting and ended up drinking remy martin vsop and watching swap.avi... books are scattered everywhere, i've paperwork and headphones and bugs and all sorts of covert surveillance equipment (from when i was studying to be a private investigator) all over my desk, I'm certain there is broken glass in my room somewhere...

I'd clean up, but I still have another two months worth of clothes in the cupboard :D

Satya, I'm looking for a housemate...

Somehow this is exactly how I imagined your living space to be ;)

Why would you dread waking up just because you can't see the floor!? I wouldn't have it any other way!

Neatness irritates me in a house. I could live with it... but I'm not really capable of helping with it. When my parents (ENTJ/ISTJ) used to try to get me to clean, I would literally pick something up off of a table to go to move it, not know where to put it, and just drop it on another table. How would I know where to put it? I'm never gonna use it, and if I move it now nobody else will know where it is. Then eventually I thought about it and couldn't come up with a good reason for tidying up the house just for when company was coming over, asked my parents, and they couldn't even give me an answer (dum dum dummmm... the beginning of the end. And the end of the end, come to think about it). I've never cleaned anything since :D . Now I know where everything is... it's all out in the open. Problems solved.

I've been observing the whole neat and messy thing since I got married.

People have always told me I'm so organized, but then my mom(sensor,thinker) used to yell at me for not vacumning and cleaning the house on a weekly basis. My husband (sensor,thinker) has to vacumn every week and is very aware of what is clean and dirty.

I believe that INFJ's concern themselves with our view of "more important things"...

for example: It's been 12 days and I haven't made time to clean, vacumn, scrub the tub..
why? Well, because I FELT like I needed to spend time helping a friend, or I felt like going out and having fun, or I FELT like there were other priorities other than CLEANING....

Cleaning doesn't hurt people's feelings and has no purpose in my mind...
but after a month goes by.. .I start to feel dingy... and it's suddenly feels like it is unfit for people in my surroundings to be around, SO I CLEAN.. and I CLEAN everything... I clean it WELL...

but only when the dirtiness becomes a threat to someone's health...

Make sense??

sumone said:
My nature is to be neat and tidy. I love everything to have a place and I hate clutter. So yes, I am very neat.
However ..... my laziness, slothy thing and procrastination often get in the way of it. So yes, I am messy.
But, whenever I go on a cleaning spree I am awesome, if I do say so myself. Everything glistens and shines and I ruthlessly declutter!

I agree with this. I'm neat normally, but you usually find a big pile of clothes in my room and a bunch of stuff on my desk that needs to be put away. :lol: