Mediumship and the Clair Senses | INFJ Forum

Mediumship and the Clair Senses

#@&5&49

Mar 4, 2012
MBTI
Inf?
Can anyone tell me anything about mediumship and using their clair senses in mediumship? I know what these are. I'm curious about what people do with their clair senses and what a person can do with their clair senses in regards to mediumship, aside from just being aware of them and the energies they invite? Any clues, thoughts, etc?

Last edited:
It really depends on what your life path is.

The Clair-Senses can be used for personal development if required. They can bring great insight.

Or to help others with theirs who are, for whatever reason, unable to 'sense'. That's what Mediumship is a form of.
If you go to a Spiritualist ceremony there is more emphasis on 'demonstration' as 'proof'.
However, between those who already know, the showy element can be omitted.

Thanks [MENTION=5559]Cornerstone[/MENTION]. I have an evolving path as far as my clair-senses and the living, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with the information received regarding people who have passed. I thought I would toss the question out and see what comes back :wink:

Thanks [MENTION=5559]Cornerstone[/MENTION]. I have an evolving path as far as my clair-senses and the living, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with the information received regarding people who have passed. I thought I would toss the question out and see what comes back :wink:

Do you mean that spirits on the other side come to you without a message to pass on to someone?

In Native tradition, it is assumed that at the point in your life when you require teaching, a teacher will be provided. Barring that, the general "rule" of using gifts seems to be that unless asked, one it to keep knowledge to oneself. Knowledge, any form, has with it a high degree of responsibility to it and one doesn't foist that responsibility on others. It is for this reason, that most people who offer their services for a fee are considered hacks....not that some form of payment doesn't come about at times....but that true followers of the Path don't offer their services in such a way.

energies that have passed on i acknowledge but do not welcome unless it’s my father who passed... i don’t want to open that can of worms, but that’s just me... you never know what will come through and it can be dangerous and very scary...

Do you mean that spirits on the other side come to you without a message to pass on to someone?

Yes, but now that you ask, I never considered asking them, hmmm, something to think about.

Last edited:

Do they come to you specifically or is it a kind of...interference?
As in, the equivalent of overhearing the conversation of people standing nearby but without eavesdropping.

In Native tradition, it is assumed that at the point in your life when you require teaching, a teacher will be provided. Barring that, the general "rule" of using gifts seems to be that unless asked, one it to keep knowledge to oneself. Knowledge, any form, has with it a high degree of responsibility to it and one doesn't foist that responsibility on others. It is for this reason, that most people who offer their services for a fee are considered hacks....not that some form of payment doesn't come about at times....but that true followers of the Path don't offer their services in such a way.

I understand "when the student is ready the teacher will appear". In regards to energies that have passed, I've always kept these particular energies to myself, but I'm curious as to why I'm aware of them and what, if anything, I'm supposed to do with the information. Monetary compensation isn't my motivation.

Do they come to you specifically or is it a kind of...interference?
As in, the equivalent of overhearing the conversation of people standing nearby but without eavesdropping.

I'm mainly a bystander, but in some cases they know I'm there.

Last edited:
energies that have passed on i acknowledge but do not welcome unless it’s my father who passed... i don’t want to open that can of worms, but that’s just me... you never know what will come through and it can be dangerous and very scary...

As far as people that have passed, I haven't welcomed or not welcomed them. I haven't really done anything. At this point I'm just an observer taking it in. There are some places I avoid because the energy is too overwhelming, and yes, sometimes it feels dangerous. Other times I'm simply a witness of what seems to be peoples suffering; sometimes in ways that is just beyond comprehension, other times, it's just people wanting to go home, as in soldiers.

I understand "when the student is ready the teacher will appear". In regards to energies that have passed, I've always kept these particular energies to myself, but I'm curious as to why I'm aware of them and what, if anything, I'm supposed to do with the information. Monetary compensation isn't my motivation.
I wasn't implying you were interesting in money, only that those who hawk such services are generally frowned upon by a certain segment of those who follow the Path. Often times the case may be your shielding from unwanted energies, which can become problematic if beings are generating harmful energy or such toward you. Otherwise, it tends to work out that if someone needs to know and you are the vessel that is chosen to give it, then it works out. Often we fail to properly Listen and opportunities and message get lost. So perhaps there have been those who could of used information you had and failed to Listen to what was trying to be told them. Of course the other could be true, that you failed to Listen or perhaps it is just best to think of things that "could have been" without really looking for blame...only that a connection was missed.

I wasn't implying you were interesting in money, only that those who hawk such services are generally frowned upon by a certain segment of those who follow the Path. Often times the case may be your shielding from unwanted energies, which can become problematic if beings are generating harmful energy or such toward you. Otherwise, it tends to work out that if someone needs to know and you are the vessel that is chosen to give it, then it works out. Often we fail to properly Listen and opportunities and message get lost. So perhaps there have been those who could of used information you had and failed to Listen to what was trying to be told them. Of course the other could be true, that you failed to Listen or perhaps it is just best to think of things that "could have been" without really looking for blame...only that a connection was missed.

I didn't take it in the way that I was wanting to make money from this, no worries, and thank you for reminding me about the belief that the teacher will appear when the student is ready; I believe that. Shielding, yeah, in some cases I think that may be necessary.

As far as people that have passed, I haven't welcomed or not welcomed them. I haven't really done anything. At this point I'm just an observer taking it in. There are some places I avoid because the energy is too overwhelming, and yes, sometimes it feels dangerous. Other times I'm simply a witness of what seems to be peoples suffering. Sometimes in ways that is just beyond comprehension, other times, it's just people wanting to go home, as in soldiers.

whenever anything presents itself to me good or bad, it’s usually an “in your face” type thing, so i always do a protection prayer just because it’s a good habit... that’s pretty much the extent of what i do with earth bound spirits unless they are stubborn and need more divine intervention... except for a particular shadow man that makes his presence known when bad things are about to happen who i’ve seen since i was a child... but to answer your original post i more or less use clairvoyance to communicate with angels and my guides :)

whenever anything presents itself to me good or bad, it’s usually an “in your face” type thing, so i always do a protection prayer just because it’s a good habit... that’s pretty much the extent of what i do with earth bound spirits unless they are stubborn and need more divine intervention... except for a particular shadow man that makes his presence known when bad things are about to happen who i’ve seen since i was a child... but to answer your original post i more or less use clairvoyance to communicate with angels and my guides :)

"Shadow man", that's interesting, I have something similar (guides) that I've experienced since I was a child. I've been pursuing some things in shadow work in regards to the living, for myself and others, but I've never considered that I may need to develop a degree of boundaries in the realm of the no longer living as well. I hadn't thought about that before, thanks. It makes sense.

Often we fail to properly Listen and opportunities and message get lost. So perhaps there have been those who could of used information you had and failed to Listen to what was trying to be told them. Of course the other could be true, that you failed to Listen or perhaps it is just best to think of things that "could have been" without really looking for blame...only that a connection was missed.

"Listening". We're so inclined to Listen in terms of the living. But Listening with different ears. Hmmm, yeah, Listening. The next time I'm faced with experiencing things from a different realm I'm going to try; asking what they want; Listening; and shielding. Hmmm, stuff to think about and practice, thanks.

Asking is different from Listening. I would caution you from inviting contact with Others until you know their intent. Listening is passive, Asking is active. I was suggesting that there is wisdom all around, information we need to move forward, to learn and grow....that we have to be Open to the idea that it is out there so we don't blindly pass by Things.