Man Robs Bank... For Health Care Benefits | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Man Robs Bank... For Health Care Benefits

But as I originally said, if you can afford to pay for it, it is the best medical care in the world, bar none.

I'm still going to say Switzerland is better, even for those who pay privately for health insurance...

but that is just nitpicking...

It needs to be fixed, people need to decide though. If were going to have government health care then we have to have taxes to support it and if were going to private health care we need to scrap what ever regulations that are on it and come up with a simpler more streamlined system.

It needs to be fixed, people need to decide though. If were going to have government health care then we have to have taxes to support it and if were going to private health care we need to scrap what ever regulations that are on it and come up with a simpler more streamlined system.

Look up adverse selection and imperfect (asymmetric) information.

He'll get plenty of health care in jail.

Edit: OH SHIT, I WAS RIGHT!

Look up adverse selection and imperfect (asymmetric) information.

Your point?

obviously you need to have good information to make the appropriate decisions on either the business or consumer side.

The pragmatic solution is to limit increases in policy costs to factors of which the consumer can control, like smoking and weight.

Another Idea is for all insurance companies to have to offer a basic insurance plan that cover or helps cover the cost of thing like broken bones and medication.

call it emergency coverage as it covers only the things you couldn't of prevented and have a price that is regulated by the government.

Your point?

obviously you need to have good information to make the appropriate decisions on either the business or consumer side.

The pragmatic solution is to limit increases in policy costs to factors of which the consumer can control, like smoking and weight.

Another Idea is for all insurance companies to have to offer a basic insurance plan that cover or helps cover the cost of thing like broken bones and medication.

call it emergency coverage as it covers only the things you couldn't of prevented and have a price that is regulated by the government.

My point is that an unregulated system of privatized health care doesn't work due to adverse selection.

My point is that an unregulated system of privatized health care doesn't work due to adverse selection.

I didn't say unregulated, I said streamlined. Tear down the regulation that has been failing us and build and new more effective and efficient system of regulation. That is the point private market and deregulation, to make simple and effective, regulation is there to make it fair.

You have to balance it some where in the middle for it to work at it's best.

I didn't say unregulated, I said streamlined. Tear down the regulation that has been failing us and build and new more effective and efficient system of regulation. That is the point private market and deregulation, to make simple and effective, regulation is there to make it fair.

You have to balance it some where in the middle for it to work at it's best.

1. You contradicted yourself from what you said earlier.
2. I do agree that regulation is there to make it fair.
3. The idea of a private market is that government can't "make it more streamlined"
4. Private health insurance still has the problem of adverse selection

1. You contradicted yourself from what you said earlier.
2. I do agree that regulation is there to make it fair.
3. The idea of a private market is that government can't "make it more streamlined"
4. Private health insurance still has the problem of adverse selection

1549246-129092786498235257_super.jpg

how on earth did I contradict myself, are you assuming that when I said we'd have private health care that it wouldn't have any regulations?

Are you ignoring the part where I said we need to scrap what we have and build a more streamlined system?

also, if your going to argue that even with proper regulation that adverse selection is going to happen you have to say more then "it's going to happen" or I get to reply saying "nuh uh, we'll fix it"

honestly I think the best solution is to have good public healthcare available to everyone who does not earn over a certain amount, which would cover those on benifits and the unemployed and those working in low wage jobs. and have a system where eole who can afford it can have private healthcare.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBQBojhY6Iw&feature=feedrec_grec_index"]YouTube - ‪Dwight Schrute- Health care I'm The Lion‬‏[/ame]

Why would adverse selection be a problem if there were no regulations limiting underwriting?

This is why I hate hyper capitalism. Or any unhealthy amount of capitalism.

We Americans don't have real freedom. We must worry constantly. The economy, the predatory healthcare, the idiots in Washington, and how people like me can't get out yet. If you cut out all the pork from the bills, all the waste from the government (people are told to go OVER THE BUDGET to make their project look more impressive. In our insane government, you are punished for doing a better job under budget!) you could EASILY divert some tax money to a real healthcare system like Israel's. They pay 5% of their income and BAM! No more worrying about healthcare. It's free! (But they do have private options if you wish. What a great system! No wonder it beats ours in EVERY CATEGORY.)