Man cleared of rape because he raped the wrong woman | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Man cleared of rape because he raped the wrong woman

Many women are vindictive and will claim rape if a man pisses them off, I'm not saying that's the case in this particular instance. In fact I'm sure it's not. But to write it off in general I think is a bit ignorant (something about a lacrosse team comes to mind.) I don't think we can make judgments without really knowing the whole story or hearing the trial and while you're right about drunk people being held accountable for their actions while driving it is actually a different sentence if you are sober and intentionally mow down a pedestrian than if you are drunk and do it on accident, the first is first degree murder the second is involuntary manslaughter.
Really? How many women exactly?
Funny that you make this claim and then are quick to remind everyone else not to jump to conclusions because we don't have all the facts from this article.

Anyway, I'm curious how he managed to get into the sleeping woman's hotel room... Don't those doors lock automatically on the outside once closed?

Reactions: bamf
depends what kind of hotel. the UK does have some pretty crap ones.

I feel like she would have woken up when he was leaning over her, breathing heavily and taking off his pants.

Really? How many women exactly?
Funny that you make this claim and then are quick to remind everyone else not to jump to conclusions because we don't have all the facts from this article.

Anyway, I'm curious how he managed to get into the sleeping woman's hotel room... Don't those doors lock automatically on the outside once closed?

I don't know how many women exactly I just know it does happen, I've seen it happen and I specifically said I didn't think that was the situation in this particular case but I don't think you can write off every man that gets accused as a rapist as one. We don't know all the facts.

I mean... I was raped when I was a child, honestly the man should have been imprisoned if only for the inevitable psychological damage the woman may face. You can be put in jail for accidentally hitting a kid who ran in front of your car while you were sober and driving the speed limit. Surely expanding your organ to the tune of a womans unwanted vagina should clearly warrant at least a heinous fine and like... public apology or something. people are wack.

I don't know how many women exactly I just know it does happen, I've seen it happen and I specifically said I didn't think that was the situation in this particular case but I don't think you can write off every man that gets accused as a rapist as one. We don't know all the facts.
And I think you're a misogynist now.

Reactions: Neuropedia
You don't think there's anything ridiculous about that statement?

Maybe many was the wrong word to use, but such things do happen. I think it's a little ignorant to assume it never happens.

one of my best friends was raped by her father from when she was three until she was fourteen, when she found out he had started doing it to her cousin, and went to the police to protect her cousin.
people accused her of lying for attention.

Statements and attitudes like that are part of the reason why some women are afraid to come forward if they are assaulted.

Reactions: Saru Inc
Sexual Assault Prevention Tips Guaranteed to Work!
1. Don’t put drugs in people’s drinks in order to control their behavior.
2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!
3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!
4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.
5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON’T ASSAULT THEM!
6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.
8. Always be honest with people! Don’t pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.
9. Don’t forget: you can’t have sex with someone unless they are awake!
10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone “on accident” you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.
And, ALWAYS REMEMBER: if you didn’t ask permission and then respect the answer the first time, you are committing a crime- no matter how “into it” others appear to be.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I think women should come forward I never said they shouldn't but someone's entire life can be ruined over a potential lie that's why these claims do need to be investigated and not just be a witch hunt. I do understand, but the capacity of what people are able to put other people through differs from one to the next. These things have to be looked at on a case by case basis.

part of the post trauma affects of rape are denial and self blame. No victim would ever come forward if they knew what happened to them would be doubted. When it is doubted it causes severe psychological damage. I was raped when I was 16, and was told it didn't happen - I couldn't remember it for another three years. Three years of not knowing why I had panic attacks when a male came withing a foot of me, constant nightmares, and inexplicable crying, headaches, brutal insomnia and a bleeding stomach.

Oh yea, and then I was raped again in the period but didn't think I was 'cause y'know last time it happened like that I was told it was consensual. And psychologically and sexually abusive boyfriends. I had to be told, by several professionals that what had happened to me, over several months until i began to consider that it had not been my fault.

I'm pretty sure victim blaming can ruin lives too.

part of the post trauma affects of rape are denial and self blame. No victim would ever come forward if they knew what happened to them would be doubted. When it is doubted it causes severe psychological damage. I was raped when I was 16, and was told it didn't happen - I couldn't remember it for another three years. Three years of not knowing why I had panic attacks when a male came withing a foot of me, constant nightmares, and inexplicable crying, headaches, brutal insomnia and a bleeding stomach.

Oh yea, and then I was raped again in the period but didn't think I was 'cause y'know last time it happened like that I was told it was consensual. And psychologically and sexually abusive boyfriends.

Well these things do need to be ironed out in the court, I'm sorry that those things happened to you but do you understand how if the court just put every man that was accused of rape in prison without even questioning it how that would also be cruel and unusual. I don't think any woman should be afraid to come forward and if the doubt happened outside of the court room I am severely sorry to hear that you where doubted at all.

And I think you're a misogynist now.

Don't you think that's a little excessive? Sali is simply pointing out the other side of this. Women do lie and accuse men of rape to cover their asses. That is not to say that all women who claim to have been raped are lying. He's not saying that the majority lie, either. It's a minority, but you do have to acknowledge that it does happen.

Reactions: This
Well these things do need to be ironed out in the court, I'm sorry that those things happened to you but do you understand how if the court just put every man that was accused of rape in prison without even questioning it how that would also be cruel and unusual. I don't think any woman should be afraid to come forward and if the doubt happened outside of the court room I am severely sorry to hear that you where doubted at all.

I think you missed her point.