Makeovers | INFJ Forum

Makeovers

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Have you ever had an appearance, lifestyle, or life makeover? Did it change anything in you or for you? Did anyone have an extreme makeover? how was it?

Why is this in the science and technology section? Oh, I see, by "extreme makevover", you mean has a robot ever travelled to the past to make over my life. The T 1000 did once try to kill my mother but I followed him in the time portal and it ended with us singing a duo at my mom's highschool prom.

Good times.

Reactions: rawr and 5r6jhd
It's under the Health and Wellness section. [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION] - I'm sure you both looked quite adorable singing at her prom apart from the odd looks you must have received while Dr. Who stands by wondering why he uses a Tardis instead of a time portal.

Reactions: moonlightam
It's under the Health and Wellness section. [MENTION=5667]Jacobi[/MENTION] - I'm sure you both looked quite adorable singing at her prom apart from the odd looks you must have received while Dr. Who stands by wondering why he uses a Tardis instead of a time portal.

The Tardis actually uses a time portal to traverse time and space so the Doctor would really be thinking; "Who is that incredibly attractive and intelligent person. I've been alive for 1300 years and have yet to meet someone so extraordinary."

Have you ever had an appearance, lifestyle, or life makeover? Did it change anything in you or for you? Did anyone have an extreme makeover? how was it?

I had all three. It changed my appearance, lifestyle, and life. It's debatable if it was extreme, but I enjoyed the results.

I have :) First it was probably a whole life makeover :) moving from my tiny post-soviet country to a city with 4x the population of my entire country. That was quite a shock, I hated London. But got used to it.

Then physical makeover. I went from being a total couch potato of almost a 100kgs to quite an active person and shed about 30% of the body mass :p It has its pros and cons, I think I was in too much of a rush, did it too fast, didnt choose the healthiest way and I think Ive ruined myself internally just as much as I improved myself externally. Dont ever take any advice from me about weight-loss :D

I had all three. It changed my appearance, lifestyle, and life. It's debatable if it was extreme, but I enjoyed the results.
care to elaborate?

Makeovers are a form of change. Why not change your appearance, lifestyle or anything else once in a while. I does change the way people perceive you and sometimes the change created new energy that could have been necessary for growth for yourself or opens new way of expressing yourself. Or it can just be experimental and you learn something from it. I thin it is necessary but thats just me.

Four years ago, end of high school/beginning of college, my hair was quite long. I cut it short again in spring/summer 2009 and grew out a goatee which i kept shaving and regrowing to signify change in my life. I shaved it off for the last time early 2012 and have not grown it since. Those were my "natural" makeovers.

Sometime during early 2009 my hair started falling out and thinning, most likely due to stress and poor nutrition. It stopped thinning this year, and did not cause any baldness but was very noticeable, and I like to think reflected my personal transformation as I became an adult. Since graduation my hair is regrowing (with the help of a proper diet, reduced stress/exercise and a lovely product called Biosil) and I aim to grow it as long as it was in 2008, so as to come "full circle" with my coming of age period. Plus, having long hair rocks; I highly recommend it.

How significantly can a person change himself? what determines if these changes will last?

How significantly can a person change himself? what determines if these changes will last?

It depends on a lot of things - determination, willpower, circumstances, emotional state and perhaps the type of the change too, internal, external, environmental or else. I think its not that we change ourselves, we change our ways more like, for one reason or another. For me, it depends a lot how does a change feel. If I like that change, if it makes me feel good - I can develop enough willpower for that change to last even during some rather extreme circumstances and emotional disbalance. If not, then I go back to my old ways :)

Reactions: rawr
i have had a complete life change in the past ten years. i got divorced, moved 3000 miles away, enrolled in university and never looked back. i grew as a person emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually in ways that were not possible for me before. i still am growing, will always be growing...
as for cosmetic stuff, i just had extensive dental work done over the past two and a half years, finally cut all my long hair off, lost a few pounds and now i actually get dressed in the morning sometimes...when i do this someone always asks me where i'm going lol
so yeah i guess i've been morphing...