[PUG] - Lost City of Atlantis Found!!!1 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Lost City of Atlantis Found!!!1

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
Cool.
They may also find mermaids, some punk-rock narwhal band concert, an underwater chicken nugget party and my old goldfish.

Reactions: Jill Hives
One of the commenters noted that Plato said Atlantis described by Plato was an Island, it's even mentioned in the article.

So how could they use Plato as a map and wind up on the shores of Spain?

As someone posts beneath the article there have been radical shifts in the sea levels and in the shape of the land over time.

The melting of the ice at the end of the ice age may have caused the deluge, which is mentioned in many different cultures, to swamp large tracts of land.

Other civilisation got hammered by various things eg Minoan (possible tsunami), Mycaenean (possibly invaded by the 'sea peoples')

Anythings possible

Here's an interesting device that was found under the med:

antikythera_wikipedia_big.jpg

The antikythera mechanism which was far more advanced technology than people had previously thought was possible for that time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/lost-city-...und-20110312-083617-132.html#mwpphu-container

This is rubbish, everyone knows Atlantis is in the Pegasus galaxy!

No, it returned to Earth back in 2009. Last I heard it was in the San Fransisco Bay.

One of the commenters noted that Plato said Atlantis described by Plato was an Island, it's even mentioned in the article.

So how could they use Plato as a map and wind up on the shores of Spain?

It is possible that "island" is not a perfect translation. I don't know about Attic Greek, but I know that some ancient languages like Classical Hebrew used the same term for islands and distant shores that were not surrounded by water on all sides. Even if Greek did not have that ambiguity, it is possible that his original sources (thought to be Egyptian) had such ambiguities in their mother tongues.

As someone posts beneath the article there have been radical shifts in the sea levels and in the shape of the land over time.

The melting of the ice at the end of the ice age may have caused the deluge, which is mentioned in many different cultures, to swamp large tracts of land.

Other civilisation got hammered by various things eg Minoan (possible tsunami), Mycaenean (possibly invaded by the 'sea peoples')

Anythings possible

Here's an interesting device that was found under the med:

antikythera_wikipedia_big.jpg

The antikythera mechanism which was far more advanced technology than people had previously thought was possible for that time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

Yes! This "computer" fascinates me. I learned of it when I was watching a documentary about Atlantis a couple months ago. Now I am going to have to go back and watch it again.

I think that every time they think they've found Atlantis I get pretty excited. I don't really know if I believe it's real or not. I don't even know if I think they'll find it. But I love the whole ordeal anyway.

Reactions: muir
What confuses me is, if Plato [essentially] said Atlantis was in the Straight of Gibraltar, why has it taken this long to "find." Its not exactly like thats a large area to search, and its not as though people haven't been looking.