Looking like your MBTI type | INFJ Forum

Looking like your MBTI type

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
Do you think you look like your MBTI type? Yes or no, and in what ways? Please explain.

I have no idea if I do. Maybe I should ask the ones who know how I look like(?) :redface: I think everyone looks different... but maybe face expressions are somewhat similar.

Yes. INFJs stereotypically look like tortured martyrs when alone. They tend to have long, thin faces (though mine is a little fatter from all the the thanksgiving food and booze!) with the characteristic sad and intense eyes. INJ eyes have a distinct, knowing quality to them, IMO. There's an interesting depth to them.

I appear organized in day-to-day life. Once I'm interacting with someone, though, my face lights up and you're able to see Fe in all its warmth and glory. It's fairly often I'm mistaken for INTJ and unwittingly attract ENFP females because of it. They usually like INFJs, too, though. I also have the lost-in-thought quality, like I'm not all there-- suppress Se.

One thing certain INJs have is that they're stalked by a concern for their physical appearance. In theory, this is because of inerior Se, but that's why you sometimes see buff, well-dressed INJs. I've worked out periodically in my life and have a well-toned body.

I would say I look like my type.

Someone please tell me what my type is supposed to look like, then I could give a better answer.

Based on how others respond, I think I look either like INTP, INFJ, or INFP. I can also seem very INTJ/ISTJ when I'm focused and task oriented, especially when I'm wanting to just get things done.

Last edited:

I was trying to set myself up for Luanne

9ao3dd.jpg

Reactions: barbad0s
Someone please tell me what my type is supposed to look like, then I could give a better answer.

It's looking like your appearance is a result of how your MBTI type supposedly thinks and does things. The idea is for you to think about that and come up with a conclusion yourself. There are no wrong answers here, as long as you are able to explain your logic.

I'm going to change my answer since I decided to think about it more. So, I'm going to say that I look like either an INFJ or an ENFJ even though I may be neither. I say this because both of those types like to appear to look neat, clean and put together (don't they?) I don't always feel put together and neat, but I've been able to give off that impression without a lot of effort because I've purposely tried to find a look that I could put together on a daily basis that appears put together and professional with minimal effort.

I don't buy trendy clothing so I have clothes that last decades, if I want I'll just follow trends with shoes or handbags so I don't have to spend lots of time shopping. I will sometimes get wild with shoes and handbags. I like straight, clean lines, and a symmetrical appearance. Classic. I'm not a conspicuous consumer and I don't wear jewelry besides some rings. I've seen quite of few INFJs express themselves through clothing and seem "different" so that is why I thought maybe I didn't look like an INFJ...because I definitely don't do that. I'm not really interested in looking unique or giving anyone insight into my personality through appearance, clothing, or accessories, though I'm not making a judgement call about people that do that...I just don't really care to put in the effort I guess.

Ultimately, I don't know. As always. ;)

I'm going to change my answer since I decided to think about it more. So, I'm going to say that I look like either an INFJ or an ENFJ even though I may be neither. I say this because both of those types like to appear to look neat, clean and put together (don't they?) I don't always feel put together and neat, but I've been able to give off that impression without a lot of effort because I've purposely tried to find a look that I could put together on a daily basis that appears put together and professional with minimal effort.

I don't buy trendy clothing so I have clothes that last decades, if I want I'll just follow trends with shoes or handbags so I don't have to spend lots of time shopping. I will sometimes get wild with shoes and handbags. I like straight, clean lines, and a symmetrical appearance. Classic. I'm not a conspicuous consumer and I don't wear jewelry besides some rings. I've seen quite of few INFJs express themselves through clothing and seem "different" so that is why I thought maybe I didn't look like an INFJ...because I definitely don't do that. I'm not really interested in looking unique or giving anyone insight into my personality through appearance, clothing, or accessories, though I'm not making a judgement call about people that do that...I just don't really care to put in the effort I guess.

Ultimately, I don't know. As always. ;)

I thought INFJs looked like gothic or emo people, maybe even just slobs because "it's not the real them anyway"... or so Ive been told.

I'm...not even sure what an infp is supposed to look like...
when I was younger I was really expressive with my clothes and wore very loud and attention grabbing pieces, I mostly went for a vintage look, then, too..

Now I'm pretty utilitarian about clothes-- it's mostly jean (or nice black dress pants for work) a comfy neutral colored sweater or tee and boots or comfy flats. I let my hair go natural usually because straightening is time consuming.. But I am not sloppy despite refusing to compromise on comfort..

Probably the most stylish thing recently acquired is a brown wool coat that reminded me of something out of the 17th century, with really neat ladylike ruffles in the back. I brought it because it spoke to the swashbuckling side of me...

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
Probably. As an example, I don't dress or alter my appearance with other people in mind. Only myself. I wear what will make me most happy/comfortable, even if that might mean someone else might think it is odd. I just don't really care? To a point. I have enough decency not to wear really vulgar and rude shirts in public for instance, even if I find them very amusing. But as for styles...I don't even think twice. Is my hair sort of messy? Am I wearing enough make up, or any? Meh. So what. I try to look presentable, to the point it at least appears I care about myself, but even that is for me and not for other peoples comfort. I'm assuming these tendencies probably show at times, so in that way I probably look INFPish at times. I'm not sure, do INFPs have a specific look? I've noticed this about other types.

For instance, I have noticed recently that most of the INTPs I know currently (3 that I know of for sure) or have known, have a very similar quality about their typical "look". Very clear focused eyes, and simple but neat attire. When looking at you it appears as they are looking right at you very clearly, rather than through you. NFs from what I have seen seem to have the "looking through you" quality. I personally find a happy INTP expression to be absolutely puppy dog like in its pureness. There is just something special about it. It's so honest. /INTP gush

I thought INFJs looked like gothic or emo people, maybe even just slobs because "it's not the real them anyway"... or so Ive been told.

I don't know, that may be. If that is the case then I'm either not an INFJ or I don't look like my type. Or both.

I think I am a dead give away as an E4, but not sure about an INFJ. I think we all look very different.

Reactions: the
I think I am a dead give away as an E4, but not sure about an INFJ. I think we all look very different.

You wear a lot of black, too? ;)

It's a real attention-grabber. I used to wear nothing but black, last year and in my teen years.

Yes, I think I look like an INFJ. Knowing a lot of INFJs in real life, we all tend to have the same look, which is usually something I'd think is BS.

If you ran into me on the street I look very unfriendly. I have a very serious look on my face...some people say I look mad sometimes, I just look very serious, very aloof, very icey. I have very serious looking and expressive eyes. I tend to be a bit ice queenish and can appear like I'm ignoring people in new unfamiliar situations or in situations I don't feel entirely comftorable in, but once I get talking and warm up to you I light up and become very engaging and animated.

I am always very well put together. I take a lot of pride in my personal appearance. I am always wearing something nice. I like a lot of different kinds of looks, so I feel free to express myself through my outfits. Makeup is usually very minimal and natural looking.

Edit: I've been told by numerous people that I have a few INTJ tendencies...so I'm not sure if that comes off in the way I look sometimes! Just thinking about the death stare, it could do! haha

When it comes to clothes I mostly wear black, 98% of my stuff is black. The other includes red, grey, navy. I like bright too but you know, from time to time. I look either like a college girl of the past decades, very meticulous, very clean and creepy or jeans+whatever and don't care much. It's either very classical and minimalistic or quite "wtf". I don't like too revealing stuff most of the times, not when it reveals everything at once. One thing at a time is my rule. So I don't know... I'm versatile actually in my tastes but I still end up as black-on-black almost exclusively... :S
I button my shirts all the way up...