Liberalism vs Realism | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Liberalism vs Realism

I follow science, the Right defies it. You tell me which one is being a "realist" or not. When 97% of scientists all agree something is happening, the Conservatives put all their eggs (since we are talking about asshats who read Green Eggs and Ham in front of a group of adults after all) in the 3% basket, paid off by billionaires. (I'm not even going to get started with Creationism!) That's neither logic nor reason, it's simple stupidity. And trying to compromise with stupidity is a stupid act in itself.

You also can't say something isn't realistic or practical for the US when most of the civilized world has adopted it already. Healthcare - unless you think it should be survival of the fittest, should be available for everyone. Education - shouldn't put you in debt for the next 20 years of your life, unless you actually want the banks to get richer. Military spending - should be dissected and torn down to a fraction of what it is... unless we need drones to declare war on our next stone-age, third world country or something.
Right. I do not have anything constructive to say regarding your post. I can say that I disagree with you. I think your view is entirely inaccurate. But chalk that up to my opinion.

I follow science, the Right defies it. You tell me which one is being a "realist" or not. When 97% of scientists all agree something is happening, the Conservatives put all their eggs (since we are talking about asshats who read Green Eggs and Ham in front of a group of adults after all) in the 3% basket, paid off by billionaires. (I'm not even going to get started with Creationism!) That's neither logic nor reason, it's simple stupidity. And trying to compromise with stupidity is a stupid act in itself.

You also can't say something isn't realistic or practical for the US when most of the civilized world has adopted it already. Healthcare - unless you think it should be survival of the fittest, should be available for everyone. Education - shouldn't put you in debt for the next 20 years of your life, unless you actually want the banks to get richer. Military spending - should be dissected and torn down to a fraction of what it is... unless we need drones to declare war on our next stone-age, third world country or something.
And just as a note I think this is funny. Republicans were talking about global warming and acknowledging it needed to be looked into because of its effect on world economies back when Al Gore was warning of a coming ice age. You never hear about that though do you? Because Republicans have always disputed that mankind has any effect on the earths climate at all. And rightly so at that.

Conversations with you are always interesting and these days, short.

Instead of this little bickering detour you have taken us on you could have just communciated from the start and instead of us both wasting our time and energy on this pointless little exchange we could be having a meeting of minds

And now after more words and time has past you have moved us no closer to understanding what you meant

Reactions: Lerxst
This is in response to a satirical article…clearly stated that it was satire (both in the satirical column, and again at the bottom)…claiming that Obama signed an executive order making it unable for Ted Cruz to sign up for Obamacare.
It’s here - http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...rder-making-ted-cruz-ineligible-for-obamacare

I don’t know how anyone can read it and think it was a serious thing…
Anyhow…here are some of the wonderful comments that conservatives have made about Obama in response to the article.
Don’t tell me people aren’t racist.
Don’t tell me there is no black venom running through their veins.
This is disgusting and representative of the hatred the right spews but don’t actually say out loud because they’re too chicken shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tin Man

wowzers! I'm not sure what is more stupid the racism or the inability to realise that all the presidents are puppets

Obama isn't the boss, he just takes orders from the unelected power brokers behind him and reads from auto-cues and smiles for the cameras, just like all the presidents before him

It is a well reported fact that liberal policies send the economy into turmoil every time Dems control the legislature and the white house.

When will we be free from this O'Bama economy? When will the jobs market rebound? When will health care cost stop spiraling out of control? When will the housing market stabilize?

It is a well reported fact that liberal policies send the economy into turmoil every time Dems control the legislature and the white house.

When will we be free from this O'Bama economy? When will the jobs market rebound? When will health care cost stop spiraling out of control? When will the housing market stabilize?

Fact: The US wouldn't know a Liberal government if it crawled up their face and smacked them upside the head. You think Dems are Liberals? You make me laugh. Obama isn't a Liberal by any stretch of the imagination. Our two-party system can be broken down into "outright psychopath" and "psychopath-lite".

We cut the legs off the Liberal movement in the 50's with McCarthyism. The remnants that remain have been too weak to accomplish anything and slowly shifted to the Right. If you want to see Liberal, move to Europe. The countries that retained their "Liberalism" are doing much better than us - France, UK, Norway, Denamrk... the countries that adapted out policies are crashing - Spain, Greece, etc.

Reactions: Skarekrow
This is in response to a satirical article…clearly stated that it was satire (both in the satirical column, and again at the bottom)…claiming that Obama signed an executive order making it unable for Ted Cruz to sign up for Obamacare.
It’s here - http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...rder-making-ted-cruz-ineligible-for-obamacare

I don’t know how anyone can read it and think it was a serious thing…
Anyhow…here are some of the wonderful comments that conservatives have made about Obama in response to the article.
Don’t tell me people aren’t racist.
Don’t tell me there is no black venom running through their veins.
This is disgusting and representative of the hatred the right spews but don’t actually say out loud because they’re too chicken shit.

check out how many take this satire seriously
http://www.usatoday.com/story/theov...-poll-most-admired-man-pope-francis/20994467/11111most ad.JPG

Not that I don’t think both sides are crooked as fuck, but you can find anything to back up your side of the story…especially with the internet so readily available in people’s homes.
Here, he answers the questions you just asked.

[video=youtube;jpn1V7e5XsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jpn1V7e5XsI[/video]

It’s ALL propaganda! Now listen as I speak these next few sentences…(I will explain at the end).

The conservative right is nothing but buried hatred and intolerance sponsored by the evangelical religious “Christian” churches.
It’s goal is to yank any and all federal funding from social programs and has deregulated the banks to the point they are fleecing what little is left of America.
They block any and all bills sponsored by a Democrat or the President because he is black.

I could go on…
THE point I was trying to make was the right AND the left spout this shit back and forth to one another when we should rise past crap from both sides.
There ARE some racist motherfuckers out there that would like to see Obama hung from a tree…and there are some doucebaggy Democrats out there…the word “Mangina” comes to mind.

Let’s find our common ground now and stop bickering like a bunch of bitches.
Let’s focus on goals we both agree on and go from there…this fighting has gone on so long that we are crippled as a nation.

My opinion about Obama is that he can give a good speech and is a good family man but his policies are mediocre maybe at best. He just does environmental regulation by executive order because the donors want that or he wants to please the environmental lobby not because it is good policy for the average person.

I thought this was a well written insight into the markedly different mindset of todays society. I personally being mainly rational and logical in thought cannot see how anyone in good conscience could subscribe to a liberal mindset. Its beyond reason in my mind.

You clearly do not understand liberalism at all, and if you'd like to learn about it I suggest you try a site that doesn't look like it was designed by a third grader.

How about you try offering up some of the things you think liberals believe that don't make sense to you? I can assure you liberalism is by far the most logically consistent ideology that exist, and it is the only one that is currently based in reality. My guess is that your beliefs come from a very skewed version of it.

Reactions: Littlelissa
Complete and utter nonsense. Since the 60's the economy has performed objectively better under Democratic presidents than Republican presidents. On average unemployment is a full percentage point lower under Democrats than Republicans. That means an average of about 1 million more Americans have jobs when you put a Democrat in the white house.

When you look at the various states, almost all of the best economies in the country are liberal blue states. The only conservative states that can crack the top ten do so by exploiting their natural resources something that doesn't work long term.

When will we be free from this O'Bama economy? When will the jobs market rebound?
The jobs market already has rebounded. Under president Obama we've seen 80 consecutive months of job growth in this country. Within 6 months of Obama taking office we went from bleeding jobs to creating them. When president Obama left office we had more job openings available in the United States than at any other point in all of American history.

When will health care cost stop spiraling out of control?
Health care costs were spiraling out of control before Obamacare was implemented. Cost have actually risen slower since it was signed.

When will the housing market stabilize?

About three years ago actually.

Reactions: Littlelissa
Well yes, typically conservatives are generally realist, whilst those on the left are sort of idealistic.

I feel like the left seriously has problems with cognitive dissonance or something at this point, because they push a lot of policies and actions that com from a place that is sort of theoretically in nature and probably to due with their own sense of morality, but upon deeper inspection often times, they cannot provide many good justifications for said actions, and simply try to impose some vague sense of righteousness onto the world, sometimes from a place of moral authority or something? lol, but it's ironic because they can hardly back up a lot of their claims in my experience. Not saying I side with conservatives though...

But the left inherently can be kind of realistic in itself, and I noticed for example, they seemed proposed to (what seems like to myself) fanatical 'utopian' esque ideals, such as the default state of humanity being good or something, which I sort of abhor and resent, find that they are sort of the one's who are getting high of their own supply, sort of speak and in essence believe in convenient truth's that really only exist to give themselves some contrived form comfort or something.

I guess I mean in a sense, they live in their own god damn world or something, omfg.

I don't know if there's many others on the left who are not part of the whole Antitifa thing though.

Last edited:
Well yes, typically conservatives are generally realist, whilst those on the left are sort of idealistic.

I feel like the left seriously has problems with cognitive dissonance or something at this point, because they push a lot of policies and actions that com from a place that is sort of theoretically in nature and probably to due with their own sense of morality, but upon deeper inspection often times, they cannot provide many good justifications for said actions, and simply try to impose some vague sense of righteousness onto the world, sometimes from a place of moral authority or something? lol, but it's ironic because they can hardly back up a lot of their claims in my experience. Not saying I side with conservatives though...

But the left inherently can be kind of realistic in itself, and I noticed for example, they seemed proposed to (what seems like to myself) fanatical 'utopian' esque ideals, such as the default state of humanity being good or something, which I sort of abhor and resent, find that they are sort of the one's who are getting high of their own supply, sort of speak and in essence believe in convenient truth's that really only exist to give themselves some contrived form comfort or something.

I guess I mean in a sense, they live in their own god damn world or something, omfg.

I don't know if there's many others on the left who are not part of the whole Antitifa thing though.
Give some examples of what you are talking about... Like policies.

omg, this is one of the best things I have written from someone on the left in a long time.

Give some examples of what you are talking about... Like policies.
I don't want to because it would cause too much conflict and I want to avoid pointless bickering.

It's not about what is "right" and "wrong in a sense that at times it's about what is the most realistic; and that's all I was saying about the right. But of course, we all have different ways of seeing the world, I just cannot help but look at the left at times and think that they are a little out of touch or unrealistic.

It's not really policies though, it's at times how they're implemented or put into place in the real world that I have seen at times not really working. Even though, the ironic thing is that you can take anything that in a policy sense looks " liberal" and then implement in the most horrible way, and many people would probably not notice.

I don't want to because it would cause too much conflict and I want to avoid pointless bickering.

It's not about what is "right" and "wrong in a sense that at times it's about what is the most realistic; and that's all I was saying about the right. But of course, we all have different ways of seeing the world, I just cannot help but look at the left at times and think that they are a little out of touch or unrealistic.
Then why did you even bother to post in this thread if you aren't willing to discuss it? Just to tout your opinion? Do you want a cookie for sharing?