Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 49 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Vertigomovie_restoration.jpg

Enola Holmes - not quite done yet, but I have a few thoughts already.

As the world progresses during the sufferage movement, Enola is the characterised expression of liberated womanhood. A devotion to subjectivism and individuality rather than the objectification of women as described and criticised by Mary Wollstonecraft. The force of restraint and extinction of passion within its infancy is a tool to create conformity in subjugation. Somewhat like Jane Eyre, there is an element of conforming in order to survive, but nobody can acheive greatness by not standing out. While in Jane Eyre, the wildness was stifled, down to a glimmering ember, the "modern" woman is reclaiming it from the prison of the post-Victorian patriarchy in order to self-actualise and integrate the female psyche into society.

It sure remains a relevant topic but it's far from the only theme discussed, as there is a more generalised lesson for the watcher involved as well: changes in a society come about more violently and swiftly the more the regime tries to keep things from changing.

*She has something akin to Sally Lockhart imo.

The portrayals of the bothers Holmes wasn't flawless, but inspiration leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

Last edited:
The Big Lebowski - the only word that comes to mind is "boring." I don't think I like the Coen brothers' style, seeing as how Burn after Reading was equally forgettable.

In-the-tall-grass-netflix-review.jpg

Reactions: Wyote and Bellosome
Red Dragon

Actually they not too bad if you don't watch em a second one time.. maybe I prefer movies where u keep "discovering" things watching again, maybe action movies not for me.. after a while the fight scenes start feeling the same to me.. the first handgun throw to the face made me chuckle.. a rifle throw later felt recycled to me

Reactions: Asa, Will and Ginny
Into the Spider-Verse.

Very different, good introduction to the multiverse, if you don't need a soft-intro like a dumbass. Or maybe you are a dumbass and it still is a perfect introduction to the variety of spider-people :tearsofjoy:

The pop art was hard to get used to, but as an artistic choice it is very original.
Also, I noticed that one of the characters was voiced by Jake Johnson and afterward I couldn't get his goofy face out of my head :laughing: