Ladies: even made men the center of your world? How did you overcome it? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ladies: even made men the center of your world? How did you overcome it?

Yeah, it takes a while to figure things out, but less and less time the more experience you have in these things. The problem is that many of these guys have an abundance mentality, and if we as women develop that ("there are many, many men I could be dating"), life would be easier. At least if you end up in a lot of these types of situations, you begin to take men and romance off the pedestal. This combined with an abundance attitude is probably the best way to go.

I cannot force myself to date multiple men. I have friends that do it, and I just do not understand how they can live with themselves. As soon as I decide I am seeing someone, I tell other prospects that I am seeing someone. So I chose him, out of several other men that I was talking to. Maybe I'll try to go on a few dates with guys, before I decide to take the rest off of the table.

I cannot force myself to date multiple men. I have friends that do it, and I just do not understand how they can live with themselves. As soon as I decide I am seeing someone, I tell other prospects that I am seeing someone. So I chose him, out of several other men that I was talking to. Maybe I'll try to go on a few dates with guys, before I decide to take the rest off of the table.

It's a pity. One can't put all her eggs in one basket. It took me a long time to realize this but here I am. I was dating two guys at the same time this summer; both turned out to be duds. I will only stop dating multiple guys when a guy makes it clear that he wants a relationship (and more) with me.

Do you get attached after sex?

It's a pity. One can't put all her eggs in one basket. It took me a long time to realize this but here I am. I was dating two guys at the same time this summer; both turned out to be duds. I will only stop dating multiple guys when a guy makes it clear that he wants a relationship (and more) with me.

Do you get attached after sex?

I get attached. There doesnt have to be sex involved. I think more that I am looking for a companion, as apposed to a lover. Granted a Lover is great, but I'm just lonely. I want someone to be able to rely on, more so then they probably want to be relied upon.

A guy that messages me each often, and asks about my day, and compliments me, i can attach myself to that and have never even kissed the person.

I get attached. There doesnt have to be sex involved. I think more that I am looking for a companion, as apposed to a lover. Granted a Lover is great, but I'm just lonely. I want someone to be able to rely on, more so then they probably want to be relied upon.

A guy that messages me each often, and asks about my day, and compliments me, i can attach myself to that and have never even kissed the person.

I want this too, but the thing is that it is much easier to find this when you meet and date multiple men rather than just focusing on one guy to provide you with this. Eventually, you will narrow it down to a single guy, but it has to be his decision as much as yours.

I want this too, but the thing is that it is much easier to find this when you meet and date multiple men rather than just focusing on one guy to provide you with this. Eventually, you will narrow it down to a single guy, but it has to be his decision as much as yours.

I guess in the past it was easy for me. I've had 2 long term relationships, that in between was a very short time alone.

I guess in the past it was easy for me. I've had 2 long term relationships, that in between was a very short time alone.

I get you. The risk one runs with dating these days, whether one at a time or multiple people at once, is that you end up losing respect for romantic relationships altogether. I see that as a grounding realization. I know a lady who dated 30 guys in one year and eventually found the guy she married (he was number 30).

I get you. The risk one runs with dating these days, whether one at a time or multiple people at once, is that you end up losing respect for romantic relationships altogether. I see that as a grounding realization. I know a lady who dated 30 guys in one year and eventually found the guy she married (he was number 30).

I dont think I have the "peopling" in me to do that much dating, and I know I dont have the babysitter to do that much dating

This is essentially what I would want as well, but it's tough to find this. Too many people claim they are too "independent" to show that kind of behavior. Or if they do, they are painted as needy, so they don't try at all, believing it makes them look or appear too interested or desperate. It sometimes seems partners are seen as more valuable, the less involved they seem.

This is essentially what I would want as well, but it's tough to find this. Too many people claim they are too "independent" to show that kind of behavior. Or if they do, they are painted as needy, so they don't try at all, believing it makes them look or appear too interested or desperate. It sometimes seems partners are seen as more valuable, the less involved they seem.

I like a very involved person. Granted, My ex husband was completely not involved. I'm not sure he noticed anything I ever did. But he was there. He was present. He would go out to eat with me, and go shopping with me.

I admit that I haven't read all of the responses but, no. The only time I came close was when I was in love but even then, I always had this inner core that would not allow me to completely give up who I am. I had my own life.

I need one of those