Kanye 2020 | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Kanye 2020

Go on America
Lol...
giphy.gif

I legit think people need to get off the internet and physically participate in their own lives more. I actually don't think people believe half the shit they say and share but they're in a constant state of reaction to whatever comes across their Facebook news feed. It just adds to the insanity and is like a collective mental illness.

In some ways the internet is beautiful and incredible but right now it feels like it's being used as a political weapon and is actually dumbing people down. The amount of things I've seen shared that are patently false is mind blowing. This is how people are formulating their opinions and they're too lazy to second guess anything they're being fed. It's really incredible to see how susceptible people are. Now with everyone home due to COVID it's even worse. Cancerous.

Agreed.

I know it sounds insane, but I firmly believe social media is a real-time disassembly machine, breaking objective reality down into small, constituent parts which are then reassembled by individuals into personal narratives about objective reality. These scale up to worldviews and eventually into personal religions, complete with moral systems, purity tests and so on. It is completely fucking bananas.

I legit think people need to get off the internet and physically participate in their own lives more.

My standard operating procedure is to basically just take things in and think about them... Participation is actually (strangely?) more boring to me than just sitting around thinking about shit.

i'm weird and probably need to go now

Agreed.

I know it sounds insane, but I firmly believe social media is a real-time disassembly machine, breaking objective reality down into small, constituent parts which are then reassembled by individuals into personal narratives about objective reality. These scale up to worldviews and eventually into personal religions, complete with moral systems, purity tests and so on. It is completely fucking bananas.
Actually I do think this is what's happening. Strangely it's pulling some people deeper into it, but it's actually repulsing me to the point that I barely want to talk to anyone through the internet or look at any shit anyone else posts. It's bleeding into real life conversation and I feel like some of the people I know who used to be reasonable have completely changed as people because they've latched on to all this insanity. I don't know how to get people to wake up from the way they're thinking and behaving.

I don't know how to get people to wake up from the way they're thinking and behaving.

I think it's tough, currently. People want to feel something; there are probably record-high rates of depression in the world right now, so it's compelling to buy into ideas that are emotionally provocative. Most successfully viral ideas on social media are emotionally provocative...

I've never been able to wrestle people away from their emotions in this regard. I fall prey to it, as well, but it's very transient for me and in general social media alienates me even more.

One thing I'll add is that anxiety and fear have continually been shown to impair the prefrontal cortex, which is (among other functions) associated with decision-making. It's expected at this point in time for people to generally be at their most illogical.

Actually I do think this is what's happening. Strangely it's pulling some people deeper into it, but it's actually repulsing me to the point that I barely want to talk to anyone through the internet or look at any shit anyone else posts. It's bleeding into real life conversation and I feel like some of the people I know who used to be reasonable have completely changed as people because they've latched on to all this insanity. I don't know how to get people to wake up from the way they're thinking and behaving.

A lot of this goes back to critical theory which is a whole other animal. But one of its primary focuses is on how words themselves can become unintentionally imbued with negative meanings, then those words act as oppressive forces on marginalized groups. This isn't an altogether bad idea. Back in the 90's, critical theorists and activists pointed out that casually calling things 'gay' derisively hurts gay people. If for no other reason than because it subconsciously links 'shame' with 'gay' and now there's a cultural bias towards gays because people walk around saying it as a casual epithet. Exact same thing for calling people 'pussies', except as it relates to women.

This is why it's so idiotic when white people ask "how come black people can say the n-word and I can't?" Because the people who have the most to gain from redefining it aren't you; it was their dragon to slay, they're entitled to the victory (control). I'm sure Karen's all over the world fucking hate their name right now. When that meme passes and they decide they don't want 'Karen' to mean "stuck up entitled bitch", all the non-Karens of the world should stay out of it.

Anyway, it's well intentioned and produced some good results but I don't think it was ever formed with social media in mind, just like the second amendment wasn't formed with AR-15's in mind. They just couldn't conceive of a globally networked society with instant communication back then (I think critical theory came about in the 40's or 50's). You really have to ask yourself if a philosophy where the lowest level of classification for other humans ends at 'identity groups' (individuals don't really exist), stratifies them into an arbitrarily defined power structure and then insists they challenge that structure amongst themselves is really the right kind of existential perspective we want dominating global communication in 2020. It helped gay people get bullied less and helped make civil rights successful but with modern tech it seems like it went full malignant cancer.

EDIT: @slant who brought up social media / internet in woke culture.

Last edited:
One thing I'll add is that anxiety and fear have continually been shown to impair the prefrontal cortex, which is (among other functions) associated with decision-making. It's expected at this point in time for people to generally be at their most illogical.

giphy.gif

I don't think he's going to run he's got an album coming out and he wants free press, we've been had.

It's also past the primaries.

That would be typical Kanye, so I think you're right.

So it would be interesting if the USA were to have the first president ever with a dick pic available on google images.