Just Graduated from Community College- Now What? | INFJ Forum

Just Graduated from Community College- Now What?

NYLilac

Community Member
May 15, 2011
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
2w1
On Saturday, I graduated magna cum laude from my local community college with an Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts Humanities after three intense years of intense study. :m037:Having recently married the love of my life, I have chosen to take a year off from studying so I can focus on integrating my family together (husband and kids). I will be pursuing studies at a four-year institution in Fall 2014. I am considering psychology but also have interests in writing, education advocacy, and history. My most successful subjects were American history, biology, government, philosophy, abnormal psychology, Psychology 101, and adolescent psychology. I took a creative a writing seminar I enjoyed and the instructor said I had natural ability. I loved my classes in literature but prefer to enjoy it rather than dissect it. Any thoughts here?

Tooting your own horn... why not.

Congratulations on achieving your goals.

You sound like you'd make a great 4th or 5th grade teacher.

Congrats!

What do you want to do after you finish schooling? Any thoughts on that?

View attachment 18281

Maybe taking some time off like you plan will help clarify a direction. You could check out what kinds of jobs are available in the degree majors you're interested in, and then see if any of those sound appealing. You're interests in psychology, education advocacy, and history might suggest a career in education, maybe K-12 school counselor? Any way, congratulations. Its a long haul, but it's worth it. Like the saying goes, "the tassel's worth the hassle".

On Saturday, I graduated magna cum laude from my local community college with an Associate's Degree in Liberal Arts Humanities after three intense years of intense study. :m037:Having recently married the love of my life, I have chosen to take a year off from studying so I can focus on integrating my family together (husband and kids). I will be pursuing studies at a four-year institution in Fall 2014. I am considering psychology but also have interests in writing, education advocacy, and history. My most successful subjects were American history, biology, government, philosophy, abnormal psychology, Psychology 101, and adolescent psychology. I took a creative a writing seminar I enjoyed and the instructor said I had natural ability. I loved my classes in literature but prefer to enjoy it rather than dissect it. Any thoughts here?
i think congratulations are in order!
wow, go for it, whatever it is you decide i'm sure you will be great at it.

First congrats!

My only advice is try to live each days as if it is your last. Try to do the things YOU want, the things that make you happy. The older you get, the faster each year goes by. Im not even kidding about that. Follow your dreams and dont let anyone tell you to look away from them.

Spend some time WWOOFing. Disconnect from the pressures of society and find yourself. Then, once you are calibrated with thyself, decide on your future.

I just applied to a nearby four-year university. I also completed the FAFSA, sent the university an official transcript from my community college, and filled out the Mass Transfer application. This last form gives me a waiver of the application fee and a 33&% reduction in tuition costs.