Is there a way? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is there a way?

Well in a way they do. Women are growing a baby and men are trying to grow... pretty much everything.

Well a baby is growing like 40000000000000000 times faster than I am.

Also, using prenatal vitamins in men can cause constipation due to the amount of iron. It can also increase the risk of fracture in middle aged men (too much Vitamin A) and can raise risk of prostate cancer (omega 3 derived from flax oil).

Benefits are better nails, decreased risk of heart attacks and lower chance of birth defects.

Buy a vitamin formulated for your needs. We're all need something different and that can mostly be determined through gender.

I know :p just making a harmless dig at the male ego!

Just in case any non-transgender man (becoming a woman) didn't catch the troll, don't do this. It'll give you boobs.
Boobs are gross.

Eating crappy foods will give a man boobs before prenatal vitamins will.

The hell's wrong with salads?
You're probably going to have to buck up and eat salads. Vitamins and weird GNC shakes aren't the same.

However,
I drink bloody mary's when I want to get my 5 servings of vegetables in.

The hell's wrong with salads?
You're probably going to have to buck up and eat salads. Vitamins and weird GNC shakes aren't the same.

However,
I drink bloody mary's when I want to get my 5 servings of vegetables in.

So I cant just sit around playing Fallout3 and drinking protein shakes to stay in shape?

Im just looking for variety.

Salads are very diverse.
There are myriad types of leafy greens to choose from.
Couple that with all the interesting options of toppings and dressings.
Experiment and go crazy..
I'm not even joking or being smug...
Explore the vastness of salads.
I could give you recipes.

AND...
Cooking with spinach is one way...
I think that as spinach cooks, it becomes even more nutritious.

Also...
At a nursing home I used to work at, the kitchen pureed salads for the residents.
Yum!

Last edited:
AND...
Cooking with spinach is one way...
I think that as spinach cooks, it becomes even more nutritious.

Also...
At a nursing home I used to work at, the kitchen pureed salads for the residents.
Yum!

how do you make salads healthy and yummy?? :)) :)) I think thousand island is fatty.

how do you cook it with spinach!?!?!? :)) :))

How can I incorporate leafy green vegis into my diet without eating salads? Bear in mind I like to have as little cheese as possible. So if you have any suggestions or recipie tips I would appreciate reading them thanks.
personally, i love turnip greens and mustard greens mixed and boiled with bacon in it.

or saute'd collard greens in butter!

how do you make salads healthy and yummy?? :)) :)) I think thousand island is fatty.

how do you cook it with spinach!?!?!? :)) :))
You can make vegetable lasagnas with ricotta and spinach filling.
It's good with pastas as well.. if it's chopped up very small.

I just mix different types of lettuces.. http://localfoods.about.com/od/spring/tp/LettuceVarieties.htm (Butter lettuce or Boston lettuce is prob the best lettuce ever.. not bitter at all like some others can be.)

As far as how to make salads delicious--you just have to try different types and then top it with different things... nuts, seeds, dried fruits, different types of cheeses.
Baby spinach with dried cranberries, walnuts, feta, and raspberry vinaigrette is freaking amazing, for example... you could also try that one with poppy seed dressing.. it's excellent as well.

Arugula (peppery) and romaine (bitter) go great with a zesty dressing (but I like intense flavors).

As for dressings, it's really all about portion size.. any dressing is fine so long as you don't soak the salad in it.. that's gross anyway because it makes the leaves all wilted. I prefer to make my own with olive oil and vinegars and herbs and lemon juice. Make your own dressings, that way you know exactly what's in it.

cabbage
red leaf lettuce
spinach
kale
collards
asparagus (not too much as a little goes a long way)
Brocolli (same)
bok choy
iceberg lettuce

Green Beans
Cilantro
Parsley
Peas

Just adding to the list of greens..

One thing you could try, is just eat a green with every meal. I usually try to eat a fruit or vegetable with every meal. And occasionally eat some type of fruit or vegetable for snacks.

Also, someone trying to eat healthier hating on salad. First for me.. F-ing salad hating b*stard.

Cilantro is good on pretty much anything..

Health benefits of cilantro (coriander)

• Cilantro herb contains no cholesterol; but is rich in anti-oxidants and dietary fiber which help reduce LDL or "bad cholesterol" while increasing HDL or "good cholesterol" levels.
  • The leaves and seeds contain many essential volatile oils such as borneol, linalool, cineole, cymene, terpineol, dipentene, phellandrene, pinene and terpinolene.
  • The leaves and stem tips are also rich in numerous anti-oxidant polyphenolic flavonoids such as quercetin, kaempferol, rhamnetin and epigenin.
  • The herb is a good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. Potassium in an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase.
  • It is also rich in many vital vitamins including folic-acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-A, beta carotene, vitamin-C that are essential for optimum health. Vitamin-C is a powerful natural antioxidant. Cilantro leaves provides 30% of daily recommended levels of vitamin-C.
  • It provides 6748 IU of vitamin-A per 100 g, about 225% of recommended daily intake. Vitamin-A, an important fat soluble vitamin and anti-oxidant, is also required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin and is also essential for vision. Consumption of natural foods rich in vitamin-A and flavonoids (carotenes) helps body protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
  • Cilantro is one of the richest herbal sources for vitamin K; provides about 258% of DRI. Vitamin-K has potential role in bone mass building by promoting osteotrophic activity in the bones. It also has established role in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in their brain.
  • The coriander seeds oil have found application in many traditional medicines as analgesic, aphrodisiac, anti-spasmodic, deodorant, digestive, carminative, fungicidal, lipolytic (weight loss), stimulant and stomachic.
Just imagine! Cilantro leaves provides only 39 cal/100 g, but their phyto-nutrients profile is no less than any high calorie food source; be it nuts, pulses or cereals or meat group.

Culinary uses

Fresh leaves should be washed thoroughly in the water in order to remove sand and dirt and to rid off any residual pesticides. While in the kitchen, it is generally used just before preparing recipes in order to keep the fragrance and aromatic flavor intact.

• Cilantro (coriander) leaves has been used in preparation of many popular dishes in Asian and east European cuisine since ancient times. Along with other spicy items, it is being used to enhance the flavor and taste of vegetable, chicken, fish and meat dishes.
  • The herb has also been used in the preparation of soups, and sauces. Popular Mediterranean cilantro pesto, prepared using fresh cilantro, red pepper, garlic cloves, olive oil, pumpkin seeds with slight lemon twist, is a great addition on pasta, in sandwiches or as a marinade to fish, poultry... etc dishes.
  • Freshly chopped and sauteed coriander leaves are a great addition to green salad.
  • Cilantro or Coriander seeds powder is one of the main ingredients used in the preparation of curry powder.

Good advice guys, keep it comin.

Clean a head of lettuce and remove a few leaves from the outer edges. Cut it into quarters. Eat a quarter a day.
I don't feel like I'm eating a leafy veggie that way. Cold and good, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folic_acid
that's what people usually leafy greens for, and it's super important in neural development in the first trimesters (therefore prenatals)

I don't get enough leafy greens on school days and I don't get enough iron in my diet so I just take prenatal vitamins. PLUS THEY MAKE MY HAIR AND NAILS SO PRETTY:3

Glad to help!

I love this stuff, It's hard for some people to eat but if you can do it, do it. It's fantastic. Never felt better in my life;

Wheat Grass Sprouts, they should be available in most supermarkets that have a good selection of vegetables.