Is Obama a weak president? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is Obama a weak president?

Nope.

It sucks when all you have to hope for is getting some crazy Republicans back in office so that they can begin to repair all the damage done by even crazier people.

How about we get someone that is both better than Obama and a crazy republican?

I second that...

Both parties are responsible for where we are today…what we don’t need is more of the same status quo.
We don’t need more conservative republicans…because we don’t need to make abortion illegal and repeal the civil rights of gays and blacks…we don’t need more of their tired, backward trickle-down lies.
We also don’t need the sold-out pussy-footing democrats that are too scared to speak up or stand up to anyone that we end up with ridiculous laws being passed and repealed…like cuts to infrastructure and veterans spending…fight for it dammit or get out.

We need someone who isn’t beholden to the Wall Street crowd…we need someone who is an actual maverick (not the John McCain pseudo-version) who will come out and say “Our Congress is bought….The Supreme Court is bought…the rich have sold out Main St. and then sent us a bill for the trouble of the sale."

Where is that man or woman? People are tired of this shit…I know I am.

I second that...

Both parties are responsible for where we are today…what we don’t need is more of the same status quo.
We don’t need more conservative republicans…because we don’t need to make abortion illegal and repeal the civil rights of gays and blacks…we don’t need more of their tired, backward trickle-down lies.
We also don’t need the sold-out pussy-footing democrats that are too scared to speak up or stand up to anyone that we end up with ridiculous laws being passed and repealed…like cuts to infrastructure and veterans spending…fight for it dammit or get out.

We need someone who isn’t beholden to the Wall Street crowd…we need someone who is an actual maverick (not the John McCain pseudo-version) who will come out and say “Our Congress is bought….The Supreme Court is bought…the rich have sold out Main St. and then sent us a bill for the trouble of the sale."

Where is that man or woman? People are tired of this shit…I know I am.

We're all crying out for those people

I think the US political system is so dependent on money that if you haven't got money you don't have a voice

Your legal system is the same

Perhaps you could look into the Pirate Party as a possible option until your ideal emerges?

We're all crying out for those people

I think the US political system is so dependent on money that if you haven't got money you don't have a voice

Your legal system is the same

Perhaps you could look into the Pirate Party as a possible option until your ideal emerges?
That couldn’t be more true in the US today.
After Citizen’s United and the McCutcheon decisions it is quite clear that money talks here and everything else is secondary.
To honestly say that a political donor who gives several million dollars to a campaign will have an equal voice and vote to Joe Blow who is on minimum wage and cannot donate anything is utter nonsense.
McCutcheon basically says that it is okay to bribe someone just so long as it is not for a specific favor outlined at that time…then it goes on to dissolve other parts of reform laws from the 1970’s that were created for a very good reason…ever heard of “Watergate"?
So now we have the Koch brothers and Sheldon Addelson basically holding interviews for bribes from them and the backing of their PAC groups and unlimited funding.
I’m sorry, but anyone who thinks that this is all fair and square needs some serious medication.

That couldn’t be more true in the US today.
After Citizen’s United and the McCutcheon decisions it is quite clear that money talks here and everything else is secondary.
To honestly say that a political donor who gives several million dollars to a campaign will have an equal voice and vote to Joe Blow who is on minimum wage and cannot donate anything is utter nonsense.
McCutcheon basically says that it is okay to bribe someone just so long as it is not for a specific favor outlined at that time…then it goes on to dissolve other parts of reform laws from the 1970’s that were created for a very good reason…ever heard of “Watergate"?
So now we have the Koch brothers and Sheldon Addelson basically holding interviews for bribes from them and the backing of their PAC groups and unlimited funding.
I’m sorry, but anyone who thinks that this is all fair and square needs some serious medication.

Unfortunately, this is something the framers of our constitution did not anticipate, as the concern was primarily to avoid becoming a monarchy.

Now that corporations are legally people, it is only logical that they be given freedom of speech to affect matters that concern them. What citizens need to do is come up with a system that balances their own viewpoints with those of corporations, otherwise our voice will be drowned out. There are signs that the internet has already made this possible. I don't have a source(long forgotten), but despite all the money put into the last election, especially after the Citizens United decision, the outcome of the election did not reflect the amount of money put into the candidates. By and large, Romney should've won if it came to special interests alone. This can largely be attributed to the youth that do not consume media the same way as the older generation. Obama won because he won the youth vote.

This is a problem that citizens face in the modern era. There are many, many institutions that have more "buying power" and hence more influence. We are a society of institutions and corporations that servive independent of individuals.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Unfortunately, this is something the framers of our constitution did not anticipate, as the concern was primarily to avoid becoming a monarchy.

Now that corporations are legally people, it is only logical that they be given freedom of speech to affect matters that concern them. What citizens need to do is come up with a system that balances their own viewpoints with those of corporations, otherwise our voice will be drowned out. There are signs that the internet has already made this possible. I don't have a source(long forgotten), but despite all the money put into the last election, especially after the Citizens United decision, the outcome of the election did not reflect the amount of money put into the candidates. By and large, Romney should've won if it came to special interests alone. This can largely be attributed to the youth that do not consume media the same way as the older generation. Obama won because he won the youth vote.

This is a problem that citizens face in the modern era. There are many, many institutions that have more "buying power" and hence more influence. We are a society of institutions and corporations that servive independent of individuals.
Well, unfortunately that last election was just post “Citizen’s United” and the “McCutcheon” decision hadn’t been passed yet.
Now that it has…I really do think the people’s vote will be drowned out now…I guess we shall see.
And they are already using their “free speech” rights to discriminate against groups that the owners have a dislike for.
I think it’s awfully clear that Justices Alito, Roberts, Scalia, and Thomas are DEEP in the pockets of special interests and we need to stand united and have them impeached.
You can do that here: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/impeach-the-rats-roberts-1
When are people going to wake up? Our lives could be so much better if people would only stand up and use their numbers to affect some basic changes.
No more lobbyists for private industry on the floor of congress.
No more corporate welfare.
The progressive tax rate returns to post-New Deal rates.
The banks and investment houses are once again separate entities.
Capital gains are taxed at a progressive rate.
The minimum wage is raised to at least $15 with existing wages tied to the increase.
Universal single-payer healthcare.
Education prices rolled back pre-privatization.
Unionize.
Investments in clean energy and no more oil subsidies…(especially during the summer when they gouge everyone).

I’m sure I may be forgetting something, but I didn’t sleep well last night…ugh…
Anyhow…my point is, these are common-sense things that we KNOW will work to change things for the better.

Last edited:
This is my vote for President…Elizabeth Warren is one of the very few fighting against big money for the constituents she represents.
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if she were “silenced” before she gets much further.

[video=dailymotion;x267tlm]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x267tlm_elizabeth-warren-reveals-the-truth-about-income-inequality-in-america_news[/video]

[video=youtube;P7CNhnzwUlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P7CNhnzwUlI[/video]

[video=youtube;XmHz6HWhOuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XmHz6HWhOuI[/video]