Is life ultimately dissatisfying? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Is life ultimately dissatisfying?

Ultimately dissatisfying is rather harsh when describing reality, even though a large portion of life may be discomforting. You said earlier that the only constant in life is repetition which inludes both experience and emotional responses to experiences, even thought. But I am having a difficult time grasping this concept. Sure there is a-lot of repetition in life, but not all life is repetitional. Are new experiences repetitional? Do you just experience one and realize that they are all the same? Riding on a roller-coaster may trigger fear, excitement, and joy which are something that you may have experienced before the ride, but that doesn't mean that there are a variety of levels when it comes to experience and emotion? The overwhelming emotions from one ride may be very different from other rides, so we really can't say that all things are the same.

Depression, for instance, has many layers and then comes a moment when you think that nothing could get worse, but then it does. And since there is such depth in human emotion, I don't think anyone on this planet can say that they have experienced every emotion at it's greatest depth, so then how can you say that life is ultimately dissatisfying when you haven't experienced all that life has to offer you? I don't mean to ask so many questions but this is a serious issue.

To really make clear of what I am saying, I must ask one more question and I really would like you to think about it: While you were alone at some moment in your life, did you ever feel an overwhelming sense of peace and calmness that only lasted for one moment? If you never experienced something like that again, then you cannot say everything is repetitive because some experiences only happens once.

i think of said "new" experiences as factory line products, mass produced thorought history for humans.

Life is a contagion, given as a gift and taken on a whim. Without dissatisfaction there cannot be satisfaction.

Push me, and then just hurt me, 'till I can get my satisfaction.

Satisfaction.

lol

Reactions: barbad0s
This limited and thoroughly corrupt physical dimension is as you say. The vastly larger domain of "real reality" is anything BUT this. As long as you have a stake in the latter reality, then when this one is disintegrated you will be immediately transferred to the other: everything not corrupt and unworthy will be transferred. This means our body and ego will not be taking this trip... And if your soul is not staked in that other and supreme reality.. then you can only exist in this cosmos, and when it dies, YOU die. If you think you hate this physical existence as it is, you will hate the imminent and permanent deletion of it and your existence in it in principle and any other possible existence much much more. That is the fate of evil beings, so be good.

Reactions: muir
I think there is too much emphasis on satisfaction as an overall goal of life. Life is not supposed to be about fulfilling all desires and having everything always exciting or good. Lessons abound which can't always be learned if we're satisfied. Living for the right reasons is more important than looking for satisfaction in things. You can find things in everyday life to learn from, enjoy, or love. It's not always easy to find the good in things but they're there. For example, you have to find things in your life to help you enjoy it. But expecting someone or something to fulfill your need for satisfaction, especially if you're passively living, isn't really fair. Find things which make you feel alive and enjoy those moments because they may or may not be there.

Dude I don't believe that you find life completely dissatisfying, without any happiness or feelings of comfort. You must've made it this far off of something.

I can say there are often times when I feel so at peace, I think to myself, "If I were to die at this very moment, I would feel at peace with that. I'm happy about how much life has already shown me."

Reactions: Trifoilum
This limited and thoroughly corrupt physical dimension is as you say. The vastly larger domain of "real reality" is anything BUT this. As long as you have a stake in the latter reality, then when this one is disintegrated you will be immediately transferred to the other: everything not corrupt and unworthy will be transferred. This means our body and ego will not be taking this trip... And if your soul is not staked in that other and supreme reality.. then you can only exist in this cosmos, and when it dies, YOU die. If you think you hate this physical existence as it is, you will hate the imminent and permanent deletion of it and your existence in it in principle and any other possible existence much much more. That is the fate of evil beings, so be good.

You have some great perspectives...i've only just found your posts

If you could find a place on the forum to elaborate on what you're saying i'd be very interested to listen and discuss. Perhaps you could start a thread or blog and roll this thing out more completely?

People are all at different stages....if you could take it from the beginning and discuss it as if you are talking to martians who are totally new to the concept then you'll get through to more people...i don't mean that as an offence to anyone its just everyone has had different levels of exposure to different ideas

I've tried discussing this stuff here but not managed it as eloquently as you have, but i feel if someone is not coming to your posts with a certain level of understanding then some of the meaning of your posts is going to be lost and thats a shame

Reactions: Elaf
Thank you for that observation. I think my main goal in such posts is to have energetic, rather than intellective effects on beings. I think a being will take from it only what they can, and the energetic essence will shine through no matter what. Therefore it will have these effects: Beings who are harmonic with it will get what they need, beings who are disharmonic will find nothing worth getting. This will be true in the first case no matter how poorly presented, in the latter case no matter how well laid out. But I think I might ought to make a thread dedicated to this topic, as you suggest, especially since I have a lot of things to say about this topic. Thank you for that suggestion.

What's dissatisfying to one maybe a benefit to someone else. Someone's misery may be someone else's benefit

It feels that way sometimes, life can be so hard. So banal, so pointless, so frustrating, deep down I don't believe its ultimately dissatisfying though, that's more of a temporary feeling. Ultimately I think life is good, an unasked for gift. One of the biggest blessings in life is that so much is out of our control, at any moment something can come along and catapult you straight out of your comfort zone and into the most incredible experience of your life. That vibrancy, that constant unpredictable motion, that's what makes life beautiful.