MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
no idea
anyone have this?
hows it?

haha
thinking of getting one :m027:

My boss got one for work, because we were writing some software that we wanted to port to the ipad, and although I never saw it in action, he had nothing but complaints about it (and he's probably an ENFP, so he's usually optimistic). He basically said it was underpowered and overall very annoying to work with. I have vague memories of him saying that you could only have one program running at a time, too, but that might have been something else.

Speaking as someone who works with computers a lot, though.... I'm not very impressed with Apple stuff. As a company, they seem to consistenty charge more and give you less (even for the hardware inside), and I think capitalism would have crushed their company by now if they didn't maintain the reputation/appearance of being new, flashy, and better.

I'd just suggest you get yourself a netbook or something if you want a very small computer.

If I'm going to spend stupid amounts of money on something then I'd use it to buy a good product.

Played with one at the office and was not very impressed. It can be useful in some areas: schools, hospitals in particular. It also comes in handy when traveling or reading something (though I prefer e-ink readers). But it should not cost more than 200$.

That being said I really have no intention of owning one personally. Considered getting one for my little sister's birthday but then remembered that she likes to play flash games :p

What are you going to do with it I wonder?

Last edited:
The iPad seriously lacks in multitasking capabilities. From what I had read a month or so ago, the integrated apps (music, safari, etc) are the only ones that offer multitasking. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it could become annoying if you want to switch quickly from one app to the other, for reference or such, and it closes that app each time.

I have been waiting for a decent android version to come out but the releases have definitely been lacking.

People say they have a REALLY hard time typing on the thing, unlike the iPod, there is a lot of weight to support if you are holding it at the bottom near the keyboard.

I prefer E-Ink to LCD for readers too, although the potential for having full color PDF's on a very portable device is quite tempting. The LCD really didn't get too bad of a review for reading on it, the dim light doesn't seem toeo bad from what I read, but I haven't actually used one personally to see.

Ultimately it depends on what your expectations are for it. You are definitely paying a premium for the technology right now. I would get a tablet netbook way before an iPad.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98alH6SughM"]YouTube- iPad from Lenovo Offers MUCH more than Apple's[/ame]

I see the iPad having use in resturants, buisnesses, and school. I could definintely see this thing being useful for professors.

Other then that. iPad = Giant iPod touch

I won't be paying for such a thing, but it would be a novelty item to own.

Well, it could be useful for many of the same tasks as a tablet PC. They're especially good for forms, and large documents that will need to be updated constantly. The main appeal over a traditional tablet is the quick startup time and long battery life. It still has more features than an e-ink reader, making it more versatile.

Still, there are already better solutions for this on the horizon, inspired by this device. I think it's too similar to the iPhone/iPod touch, and doesn't really add much except a bigger screen for easier reading.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies!!
finally! some downsides. the internet seems bent on showing only the good stuff:m100:

Played with one at the office and was not very impressed. It can be useful in some areas: schools, hospitals in particular. It also comes in handy when traveling or reading something (though I prefer e-ink readers). But it should not cost more than 200$.

That being said I really have no intention of owning one personally. Considered getting one for my little sister's birthday but then remembered that she likes to play flash games :p

What are you going to do with it I wonder?

the main reason i'm thinking of getting it is that I'm going to aussie for internship for 3 months and that my netbook's screen is cracked haha

the screen is cracked at the sides, meaning that I can still see so I'm still gonna bring it but I want something even more portable that can double up as an ebook reader and yet still do some work. some of the apps are really useful too

I'll still use the netbook as anyway the ipad needs a computer brain :m100: and I have microsoft word on it so I can do more important stuff on it haha

and I love the portability of the thing. a lot less bulky when using outside as compared to the netbook. and it reads ebooks and pdf files nicely haha