Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
I figured I would put this out there seeing as I just dug up my intro to typology book.

It's Isabel Briggs Myers description of the INFJ type

Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions.

Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others.

Conscious and committed to their firm values.

Develop a clear vision about how to best serve the common good.

Organized and decisive in implementing their vision

At their best

People with the INFJ preference have a gift for intuitively understanding complex meanings and human relationships. They have faith in their insights and find that they often emphatically understand the feelings ad motivations of people before the others themselves are aware of them. They combine empathic understanding with the drive and organization to implement global plans for enhancing people's lives.
INFJs have a visionary grasp of human relationships and possibilities, which, when articulated, can elevate and inspire others.

Characteristics of INFJs

INFJs seek meaning and connection within their lives and have little use for details unless they fit with their inner vision. They use their intuition primarily internally, where they develop complex pictures and understandings.

INFJs are likely to be:

*Insightful, creative, and visionary
*Conceptual, symbolic, and metaphorical
*Idealistic, complex, and deep

INFJs apply personal values and empathize to understand others and make decisions. They are loyal to people and institutions that exemplify their values but have little interest in those that do not. INFJs prefer to lead persuasively by sharing their vision.

They are likely to be:

*Sensitive, compassionate, and empathic
*Deeply committed to their values

INFJs want meaning and purpose in their work, their relationships, even their material possessions. They are invested in growth and development for themselves and significant others and are willing to to consider unconventional paths to achieve these. They value the depth and complexity of their insights and creative gifts as well as those of others. they want to see these insights realized in the world.

Agreed. wait. are we supposed to post?

Yea. I'm so infj, although I think I'm a lot more repressed (if that's the correct term) about sharing my inner thoughts than other infjs. And I don't really like hugs...

But yeah I NEED to find the motivation behind crap. One thing I've noticed is infjs make great fathers, but not so great mothers. (NO OFFENCE!!) Because infj mothers have the tendency to be smothering, but then are offended when you bring that up.

so, i'm curious, humour me... does it have a "at their not-so-best part?

One thing I've noticed is infjs make great fathers, but not so great mothers. (NO OFFENCE!!) Because infj mothers have the tendency to be smothering, but then are offended when you bring that up.

No offence taken :smile:.

Nevertheless, my mother is INFJ, and me and her are extremely close with one another and to me was the ideal parent for me. She never once smothered me. Albeit she can be offended if I don't acknowledge some forms of her care. She is completly warranted in being offended in those cases though.