INTJ transforms into INFJ in relationship. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INTJ transforms into INFJ in relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here for ten years. Sometimes I comment on threads. I know what he was doing, I've seen these kinds of questions come through thousands of times and I think what I asked are valid questions for people to answer and they're questions that I had to answer for myself when I went through the same thing. It was helpful to take myself back a bit and really examine why I was trying to fit into a certain type. It can help to alleviate some of the cognitive dissonance that can arise when we are trying to reconcile different aspects of who we are in a way that is supposed to make sense in the context of MBTI.

Yeah, I understand from where you're coming from with the approach. The feeling part of an INTJ (or any "thinker/T" type in that accord) is tricky to understand for themselves, as it isn't something these types are naturally attuned to (whether it's Fi/Fe); so it's understandable he came with these kinds of questions in this thread. I did so as well somewhere around these forums.
Anyways, these kind of questions seem normal to any kind of MBTI forum, personality café, etc. is full of similar questions as well. So a thousand more questions will come this way in the future, I'm afraid; pretty sure on that one.

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand from where you're coming from with the approach. The feeling part of an INTJ (or any "thinker/T" type in that accord) is tricky to understand for themselves, as it isn't something these types are not naturally attuned to (whether it's Fi/Fe); so it's understandable he came with these kinds of questions in this thread. I did so as well somewhere around these forums.
Anyways, these kind of questions seem normal to any kind of MBTI forum, personality café, etc. is full of similar questions as well. So a thousand more questions will come this way in the future, I'm afraid; pretty sure on that one.

Which is fine. I think we all go through this path of self discovery and when we happen upon something like MBTI which tends to put in plain writing what we've known about ourselves but couldn't articulate, it's very easy to go full throttle on it looking for answers and it's easy to forget to stop and think about what we're seeking and why we're seeking it.

I put this forward because I see too many people framing all of their relationships through their type and I want to encourage people to not nail themselves down too hard because I've seen what happens when people do that. It's usually destructive.

This isn't so much about OP as it is an attempt to get others who are participating to think about what they want for themselves by asking this kind of thing.

MBTI is a rabbit hole. I mean I've been here ten years for a reason lol. But like anything tied to our identity we have to be responsible for that ourselves and not allow ourselves to feel so confused or concerned when something doesn't fit. Nothing will ever quite fit. Not 100%. At least that's my opinion.

Which is fine. I think we all go through this path of self discovery and when we happen upon something like MBTI which tends to put in plain writing what we've known about ourselves but couldn't articulate, it's very easy to go full throttle on it looking for answers and it's easy to forget to stop and think about what we're seeking and why we're seeking it.

MBTI is a rabbit hole. I mean I've been here ten years for a reason lol. But like anything tied to our identity we have to be responsible for that ourselves and not allow ourselves to feel so confused or concerned when something doesn't fit. Nothing will ever quite fit. Not 100%. At least that's my opinion.
Yup, agreed. Human psychology is never a 100% fit.

I rather focus on Jungian preferences, although I do like to read up / learn about each specific MBTI type's specifications. Everyone can develop their 8 Jungian functions in some extent, it depends on each individual's own personality, their experiences in life, etc. But I also, personally, am certain that each MBTI type does have their natural set of functions to which they are more attuned to and other functions that seem to be more of a "puzzle". That's where threads like these etc. come into play.

And 100% agree on MBTI having a very fine line in regards to being a rabbit hole. MBTI is just one of so many psychological models, and it is one in which I (intuitively) do believe having its validity. But it is certainly not an absolute truth.

Reactions: Freaky Chameleon
I put this forward because I see too many people framing all of their relationships through their type and I want to encourage people to not nail themselves down too hard because I've seen what happens when people do that. It's usually destructive.

This isn't so much about OP as it is an attempt to get others who are participating to think about what they want for themselves by asking this kind of thing.

On this part, eh, kind of agree/disagree, people seek a way to understand themselves or their relationships and this forum is a starting point for it; the type is a hook to start from. So I disagree on it being usually destructive. As long as it is an open discussion and everything is reflected first by the person posing the question, it does help. There are more destructive ways than discussing these topics here online, there are enough examples you see daily in the news or elsewhere. Anyways, that's my 2 cents as the newer member here.

Reactions: Freaky Chameleon
On this part, eh, kind of agree/disagree, people seek a way to understand themselves or their relationships and this forum is a starting point for it; the type is a hook to start from. So I disagree on it being usually destructive. As long as it is an open discussion and everything is reflected first by the person posing the question, it does help. There are more destructive ways than discussing these topics here online, there are enough examples you see daily in the news or elsewhere. Anyways, that's my 2 cents as the newer member here.
Not saying I'm right. It's just something to consider and pay attention to.

Reactions: dragulagu
Not saying I'm right. It's just something to consider and pay attention to.
I agree

There are more destructive ways than discussing these topics here online, there are enough examples you see daily in the news or elsewhere.
Just a general correction for my statement here in the thread, it's a bit of a bad wording; with online I mean online in general and with enough examples on the news/elsewhere I meant relationship issues you see in general (in context in the daily news here I see a lot of broken relationship news with celebrities and such, yeah don't ask about the quality here of Belgian news sites...). The key is communication; as it is done on the forums or elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.