INTJ is really a INFJ | INFJ Forum

INTJ is really a INFJ

Exodus

Regular Poster
May 28, 2009
MBTI
INTJ =(
After months and months of study and trying to understand. It is painfully obvious i'm an INFJ. I have long suspected it, but after my last relationship ended (with a INTJ). I was really able to see the differences first hand. I think society in general conditions male INFJs to act INTJ outwardly.

Having said that, I made these motivational posters as a depiction of how I feel I represent the male INFJ.

6609_115869359089_698839089_2081031_2247495_n.jpg

6609_115869369089_698839089_2081032_2912262_n.jpg

6609_115869374089_698839089_2081033_160855_n.jpg

I'm very type A, alpha male. I am introverted, but can be extremely confident and step into a leadership role when needed. I have many traits that made it difficult to figure out that I really am the INFJ. The quest to find true love, and the ultimate relationship is one huge difference. I also enjoy debating, but hate conflict. I'm competitive, but will always "handicap" myself to let others have a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faye
I really love the first picture!

You know, I was going to call you out on it a while back. Glad you've come to the conclusion yourself. All of your posts were quite sentimental and, I felt as I read them, emotionally charged for an INTJ.

After months and months of study and trying to understand. It is painfully obvious i'm an INFJ. I have long suspected it, but after my last relationship ended (with a INTJ). I was really able to see the differences first hand. I think society in general conditions male INFJs to act INTJ outwardly.

Having said that, I made these motivational posters as a depiction of how I feel I represent the male INFJ.

6609_115869359089_698839089_2081031_2247495_n.jpg

6609_115869369089_698839089_2081032_2912262_n.jpg

6609_115869374089_698839089_2081033_160855_n.jpg

I'm very type A, alpha male. I am introverted, but can be extremely confident and step into a leadership role when needed. I have many traits that made it difficult to figure out that I really am the INFJ. The quest to find true love, and the ultimate relationship is one huge difference. I also enjoy debating, but hate conflict. I'm competitive, but will always "handicap" myself to let others have a chance.

I couldn't agree with all of the sentiments in this post more.

Welcome home!

I made one too.

View attachment 1257

Last edited:

Wow, your opening post resonated with me. I feel very similar.

Amazing!

I was also under the impression I was an INTJ and joined the forums and read the descriptions and got so obsessed by the whole thing. Thanks to Lurker; I read some BRILLIANT descriptions of the two types (INTJ and INFJ) written in the First Person.

I was like "Holy moly!" and here I am.

I also relate MORE to what is being said by the members here, emotionally reserved rather than emotionally detached as the INTJ. Also with a flare for action when appropriate.

When I first tested I was intj. But then I realized I was basing some of my answers one what I wanted to be not what I was. I grew up in a family of thinkers where feeling was looked down upon. I've learned to accept that I'm sensitive and that's not a bad thing.

I'm glad my post was able to resonate with you. I'm not so sure i'm happy to be an INFJ, but I can't really change who I am! I think i've always wanted to be able to control my emotion and just block it out when it troubled me. I found that I tend to do that by doing things like drinking, which is just a bandaid, and of course just makes it worse down the road.

Does anyone have any useful information regarding INFJ (type a) men, and how they live with being a INFJ? My strength is at odds with my far more powerful inner emotion and turmoil.

I sometimes find such comfort when i'm lost in my inner darkness, but at the same time I hate it and can't claw my way out without someone helping to pull me out.

Again same here!

Does anyone have any useful information regarding INFJ (type a) men, and how they live with being a INFJ? My strength is at odds with my far more powerful inner emotion and turmoil.

Well you are looking at the biggest information resource right now!

Another great site is http://www.infj.com/
I don't know if you've seen it already but that was the first place that got me started with this whole type thing. It's outdated in terms of design but the info is gold.

Even though I like to think I put logic before feelings, sometimes I don't, like in horror movies *shivers*

Even when helping people I do this also sometimes.

Though sometimes I do put logic before feelings.

Exodus, I think we could be great friends :D I love INTJ/ INFJ balanced people...I think it's the greatest thing to be in between! Cheers!

I flip into INFJ sometimes. I'm a 26 year old INTJ and I occasionally cry during touching moments in movies and when I think deeply about all the pain and wrongs in the world. I'm well aware there are feelings inside of me that lurk juuussttt below the surface... It's odd how I flip. In time I might even be able to control which mode I am in.

I know that kindness runs very deeply in me, and I'm actually trying to draw it out more because otherwise I feel tortured. I'm volunteering at this Crisis Centre, it starts soon, I hope it helps me realize that it's ok to be nice. I feel a lot of peace, like the resolution of a musical dischord, inside myself when I do something real nice like randomly picking up garbage :D

Oh and I do sense that something is awry. I might be INxJ (so halfway between the T and F)? I really don't know.

Oh and I did chat with this INFJ on messenger before. At first she didn't appreciate my callousness, so I thought I would humor her. I almost died of shock when I discovered what this person was actually like (my first INFJ), and my sensitivity level was mucho-jacked up for days.

ODD ODD ODD.

Last edited: