INFPs: What are your biggest relationships challenges | INFJ Forum

INFPs: What are your biggest relationships challenges

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
INFPs: What are your biggest relationships challenges

I think I'm INFP, and I'm 4w5: rejection is a big one. I used to always feel like people didn't want me around. I've gotten a lot better, but sometimes it still pokes its head through. I can be careless in relationship maintenance, too. I go a pretty long time without talking to people who are supposed to be my friends. I can be very judgmental of people if there is something I don't like about them, or if I get a feeling about them. So, I sometimes manage to close myself off to potential friends, etc.

Reactions: Gaze and barbad0s
I can be very judgmental of people if there is something I don't like about them, or if I get a feeling about them. So, I sometimes manage to close myself off to potential friends, etc.

Sounds almost like me. (Then again, the last time I retook the MB test, I scored only 51% on J.) Are you sure you're not INFJ? :wink:
I usually succeed not being judgmental, unless someone is domineering/overly critical, but I tend not to make friends unless I feel like there's a bond.

Sounds almost like me. (Then again, the last time I retook the MB test, I scored only 51% on J.) Are you sure you're not INFJ? :wink:
I usually succeed not being judgmental, unless someone is domineering/overly critical, but I tend not to make friends unless I feel like there's a bond.

I'm very skeptical when it comes to that. You take any given person and the type they're least likely to be is INFJ. I find the more I learn about MBTI, the less certain I am about my type. INFP, for some reason, feels right, though.
INJs are a popular "choice" because of Ni. Who wouldn't want to believe they are a Mastermind, or a Protector? They sure do get all the hype, so it's understandable for people to want to be those. But, the truth about myself is more what I am after.

Reactions: Gaze
I'm very skeptical when it comes to that. You take any given person and the type they're least likely to be is INFJ. I find the more I learn about MBTI, the less certain I am about my type. INFP, for some reason, feels right, though.
INJs are a popular "choice" because of Ni. Who wouldn't want to believe they are a Mastermind, or a Protector? They sure do get all the hype, so it's understandable for people to want to be those. But, the truth about myself is more what I am after.

INFPs are good at knowing what feels right, right?
I had a similar experience, but settled on INFJ, because I'm really in between J and P. But because of the way in which I live my life - hard exterior, soft interior... (for the most part) - I could see why I'm mostly left-brain dominant INFJ. I also am private and go along with the flow a lot in organizational/family circumstances (until I started learning to stand up for my own preferences, of course).

Reactions: Gaze