INFPish INFJs: MBTI INFJ, socionics INFp | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFPish INFJs: MBTI INFJ, socionics INFp

I'm very likely INFP, but I'm always ten minutes early for appointments, I get very upset about letting people down, I am very conscientious about facts, and take on too many obligations. So do you think I'm mistyped?

I'm very likely INFP, but I'm always ten minutes early for appointments, I get very upset about letting people down, I am very conscientious about facts, and take on too many obligations. So do you think I'm mistyped?

No. You sound like an INFP. That sounds like Fi-Te and Ne-Si. The ridiculous questions the MBTI test asks about organization and lateness are hardly relevant. There's a reason INFPs are labeled INFJ in Socionics. Because the dominant function of an INFP, Fi, is a judging function; INFPs are dominant judgers. Socionics actually is more accurate than MBTI in this respect.

My biggest issue with socionics is the idea that people who look the same are the same.
How does visual identification work?
Many of the celebrities on the site they have mistyped because of this dumb idea!
From my experience, visual identification is pretty good in their system, although of course it can fail, if the identification is based only on the visual aspect.
They don't make it in a phisycal sense, they make it more in a behavior sense. Also they very much emphasise the eyes. For example, the ENFPs eyes are dancing almost always, and that is very true in my experience.
Also, before I was reading socionics, I knew that all ESTPs I met have a childish look to their face, even a romantic alure, as if they are the most innocent people on earth. And here is how socionics describe ESTPs:
"Often SLE's gaze is cold, evaluating, grasping, taking note of everything, but with a certain foggy film or haziness, which at times imparts an expression of innocence, romanticism, and musing."http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/14-Type-and-subtype-descriptions-Meged-Ovcharov?
This is exactly the impression I get from a ESTP. Its something very contradictory.
Also, for ENFJs, they got it very good when they say that this type usually have a melacholic expresion in their eyes, a easy and dreamy sadness. Which is very true, and they are possibly the only extrovert that have this naturally.

I really don't think the P / J divide in the introverted intuitive feelers is that important, it doesn't define the type like the SJ /SP divide.