I am who I am.
Apr 17, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
.... Or is it just me??!! :).

I am just truly drawn to NT's.

soo... Questions: Are you an Infj who is attracted to NT's? What has your experience been in these relationships, friendship or otherwise?

Are you an NT who can't get enough of your INFJ, or do they drive you mad? Tell me about it.

I'd especially like some info on the INFJ + ENTJ dynamic since that's the situation I'm in now. Obviously every relationship is different and personal, but I'm just interested in some broad general overviews here. Can't wait to hear from you! (-:

I'm very drawn to NT's too, or rather, the people I am drawn to tend to have the NT preference. My first few years of college, most of the people I hung out with were NTs, specifically NTJs.I love being in study groups with them, especially ENTJs, because their confidence is sooooo contagious and you leave the meeting thinking that you too, will kick ass on the next exam.

I have yet to date one though (an NT).

I dig me some NTs.

My two closest friends are an INTJ and an ENTP, though I can't say that I'm especially magnetized to NT types.
I don't even think I know any female NTs, which is kind of lame. I'd like me a girl NT.

In pod'lair theory, INFJs are most attracted towards ENFPs and vice versa. I agree.

-Jah

Pod lair is a cult.

In pod'lair theory, INFJs are most attracted towards ENFPs and vice versa. I agree.

-Jah

Yeah. For better or for worse, ENFPs more than any other type... own my heart. I always friend-zone my NTs. We get along just fine, but for me it's only ever in the friends way.

I had a female INTJ online friend for a while. The Ni connection was just so interesting. I loved hearing her thoughts on things, was amazed by how they mirrored the patterns of my mind, and I loved her vulnerability. She had some guy problems, the way I bet a lot of the female INTJs do. But... that spark that's, IMO, necessary for romance was verily missing. I wish it would have been there.

I always have great conversations with my ENTP I know IRL, but it feels like her interests and inclinations are so different from mine. She talks a lot about physics and her theories as to the world and the universe-- which is cool, but not what I spend my time thinking about. She's really interested in the Occupy movement, for some reason. I talk to her about MB, psychology and relationships, and she's happy to listen. We even share some of our very deep feelings with each other. She told me once that despite her inclination to the sciences and to the theoretical, that she feels dumb. I confessed I felt the same way at times. At the end of the day, however, even though we're so comfortable and open with each other, I don't feel that raw attraction and deep emotional connection I always have for and with the ENFPs in my life.

Something about being around the right ENFP is so surreal and I love the effect they have on me-- in my mind, in my heart, in my body. With the last ENFP in my life, that I write about here all the time: my heart starts pounding when she's close; I get the deer-in-headlights look when she talks to me; I worry all the time what she will think of me. It just feels so much like I love everything about her, from the way she dresses, to the way she talks, to the way her mind works. I love her smile and the way she seems so childlike and carefree. I could say a lot more, but I won't.

I think everyone has that one type that, like an omnipotent arrow, is able to pierce the armor perpetually worn and cut straight to the heart, just by being them and by being there. What an interesting feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radiantshadow
I am more especially drawn to INT's. I really get distracted because there are a lot of INT's studying Math with me.:mlove2:

Reactions: subwayrider
Strong attraction, yes. So much similarity with just enough differences to intrigue without repulsing the INFJ in question.

Of course, once the repulsion indeed happened, it happened with an equally strong force.

Reactions: barbad0s
my man is NT as many know by now, I am attracted to this type. Some feelers are too feely for me (usually extroverted types, if we type them) :redface: though not on this forum, I mean IRL. I like to get with NTs to discuss how we're always right about everything :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's just the language. They don't dick around. They're very bossy, but in a way that makes me feel cherished. It's an instant and lasting kinesis. I need my NT's closer. I no longer live near any of them and I feel the loss everyday. They are the most fun and forge an unspoken connection. The three NT's in my life I never doubt will be everpresent even unto death. It's sharing. An easy back and forth of listening and talking. Ideas, theories and fears analyzed and explored. Triumphs celebrated. We study each other in a mutually beneficial way. It's kismet. It's the most natural relationship ever. Trust... I trust them with my life. It's instantaneous.

With INTJs, it's just so easy. I instantly bond and become enamored. Stormy1 may be an ENT, but I love her ass, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: dneecey
I've always found NTs to be great friends, but I've only ever been attracted to other NFs...which is a very strong attraction for me, in some cases like a black hole...a rather beautiful one that lacks the impending sense of death haha. :m054:

Last edited:
As types, I really like the NF personality types. It will vary from individual to individual how much I like them and I may dislike them, but their type, how they think about things and how they work with life - I find attractive.

With a good NF that I connect to and share goals with, I feel more at balance and more expansive. I feel like together, as a pair or in group, we cover a larger range of perspectives, ideas, and values. It's like we're in the same dimension and the things I don't pay enough attention to, they do, and the things they don't pay enough attention to, I do. I feel like, together, we're more than we were on our own. I find this state to be easier to achieve with an NF because of the mix of similarities and differences.

That's why I look forward to getting to know INFJs better. I've had quite a bit of experience with NFPs, but I think the shared extraverted feeling with NFJs makes us even more compatible and I'm wondering if I find that more enhancing, being combined with that powerful introverted intuition I spot in my INTJ friends, or if I find the difference in introverted feeling to be more beneficial. Regardless of what I learn about which I prefer, I think I'll always have an awareness and appreciation for having more NFs of any NF type as friends. I think I get more from it than I do SF or SJ/SP.

There was a study done on the mbti and relationships (which I can't find). In it was a survey asking people which type they were most interested in. Supposedly NFs are usually attracted to other NFs and NTs happen to find NFs the most attractive.

While I prefer NT friends, in a long term relationship, I would choose an NF. I need someone who has many of the same interests I do but is different in enough ways to keep things interesting.

There was a study done on the mbti and relationships (which I can't find). In it was a survey asking people which type they were most interested in. Supposedly NFs are usually attracted to other NFs and NTs happen to find NFs the most attractive.

While I prefer NT friends, in a long term relationship, I would choose an NF. I need someone who has many of the same interests I do but is different in enough ways to keep things interesting.

NFs also, arguably, make the best lovers.

But, of course, such a statement is inherently problematic.

Reactions: cvp12gh5 and Azazel
So that's what you do on the meet ups.

Precisely! I mean, how else would I, like, know????

You should come to the next one. o_O

Reactions: grt$5vb
Precisely! I mean, how else would I, like, know????

You should come to the next one. o_O

I don't know, we INTJs tend to be cold and formulaic about sex. When preparing for coitus, my room looks something like this:

dex.jpg

Attachments

• dex.jpg
    dex.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Jill Hives