[INFJ] - infjs do you ever? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] infjs do you ever?

infjs do you ever get so absorbed into emotional stimuli be it art,music people ect...that you loose your own personal idenitity?
just love your posts cause they make me think about myself.

let's start. I love museum, art in general, poetry, books, paints but I prefer music.I just let the vibe touching me and let me, my thoughts, my emotions free in a very positive way.

On the other hand people touch me and eat me. In my life I met a few people that pratically destroyed me making me empty. They just take everythings leave me nothing more than a really strong anger.

Art in general are positive for everyone, everyone can be positively touch with art in different way making us stop and think about ourselves, the world, the life.
People can me subdol, they can take advantage of ( or on? I don't know) you. I learnt how to take distance from people and not letting them destroy my personal identity.

It's hard, some personalities can overcome and don't let things like that happen but for an INFJ, or a sensitive person in general I think it's a real problem.

It's only a mine opinion, I think I will comeback on this post in the future with new thoughts:sweatsmile:

yep. . I have gotten so into a partner that I have essentially lived their life instead of my own. It is an unfortunate life pattern of mine that I am working hard at this very moment to confront and change. When you are with "the one" it is all too easy for me to do. . but in the end I become lost to myself, and I will not let that happen again.

Looking back, every hellacious endeavor Ive ever experienced was really for the better. Only after I put myself back together in a new and more improved way did I see that if those situations ever occurred again I could handle it because I have before. Similar to the myth of the Phoenix, I may burn to ashes but still Ill rise and even better than before. I wouldn't want to be as naive, tolerant, etc. as I once was.

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33
Yes I actually had a conversation about this with 50 people on YouTube lmaoo but basically this happens because not only are INFJ feelers but they mirror things around them which can mean like people like friends and also the environment. This can make the INFJ feel like they don’t know who they truly are and feel confused. This also means that INFJ can also be corrupted easily. But Mirroring is not all bad It can be helpful but in many ways and its what makes a INFJ a INFJ. Thats also why my name here is “le miroir” lmaooo

infjs do you ever get so absorbed into emotional stimuli be it art,music people ect...that you loose your own personal idenitity?

Reactions: Pin and Wyote
Yeah, I do this... except with people.

If I watch particularly moving films especially it takes me a while to come back to 'myself'. This tends to happen most often with very romantic characters or psychopathic characters.

Music, also yes, to a lesser extent. I can resist it like a low dose of psychedelics when I'm in company but can get very caught up in it on my own. I actually tend to display a fairly blunt affect around others because there's no real in-between.

Art...no, not really. I don't feel moved by paintings etc ever really. I can appreciate them in a 'that must have taken ages' kind of way but maybe I just don't look at art alone often. I was a bit transfixed by a Hieronymus Bosch painting once but I generally dislike art galleries. Museums are pretty good, again, only by myself though.

Last edited:
Reactions: mintoots and Wyote