INFJs and Obvious "Truths" | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and Obvious "Truths"

I have a feeling that the exact definition of what "truth" is, will come up. I care not to define this. I know what "truth" is to me, it has it's own meaning, and I simply with with that when I search for "truths".

To me, I become exceedinlly annoyed if I can't find the truth for something. Everything in my world has to have some kind of reason, meaning, and pattern. I firmly believe, that in some way, everything is interconnected, and that everything relates to some universal theme. This really applies to internal things, that really can't be pinned down in reality to easily.

My judging score is very high, so I really like to apply meaning to data and information, and nail everything down. To me this is the search for truth with me. I need to do this. If I don't I actually become rather stressed out. I feel like I am then throwing caution into the wind and am not processing things efficently. I will sometimes create a truth that only I can understand for the time being. Later on though, I will try to be able to explain it.

I get what you're saying. I dig your answer. I had to think about this for a while, and I like the challenge. When I am not in school, brain atrophy occurs, but anyway..

Lemme ask...Say you have a a bunch of evidence. The evidence is not pointing to any truth in particular, there's not even a pattern to the evidence, but your intuition is driving you to make one conclusion.

Do you go with your intuition or do you start to seek connections within the evidence? Does the strength of your intuition ever cause you to doubt the connections you are making? Am I making any sense?

Do you go with your intuition or do you start to seek connections within the evidence? Does the strength of your intuition ever cause you to doubt the connections you are making? Am I making any sense?
I tend to go in both directions...and I do this over time. In most cases my intuition may not be completely accurate (I may have made assumptions that require tweaking) but they are not completely wrong either. My intuition shows a path, a trajectory to move on, but as I put my foot down I want to be sure it is fairly solidly placed.

Rather than progessing on a linear path, I find myself coming almost full circle to where I started over and over, yet each time I am seeing things more immense, more focussed, and harder to describe with each occurance. So the interplay between intuition and evidence builds on each other constantly. Of course, this isn't all as orderly as it may sound.

I also avail myself of certain inputs that I have found to be trustworthy....these are the propellant that feeds my intuition to move forward, deeper while providing something solid to move with.

Lemme ask...Say you have a a bunch of evidence. The evidence is not pointing to any truth in particular, there's not even a pattern to the evidence, but your intuition is driving you to make one conclusion.

If I may answer, for me it's twofold. sometimes the connections or the data makes me doubt my intuition, and vice versa. :| Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong, or 'right' but trapped within an assumption and a narrow point of view.

I have been observing the board a bit more than posting, and it seems to me that us INFJs can sometimes be passive when it comes to acknowledging what may be for the most part true.

I think we strive to avoid conflict by ignoring it rather than addressing it. I'm not sure why we do this. Watching the board's turbulent nature over the past week has brought this question out of me.

To be honest, this is the part of me that I loathe the most and I actively try to take a stance against it. I think that sometimes there is a virtue in biting your lip to maintain harmony, but for the most part, my own passivity has brought about more trouble than the minor and momentary conflict I would've purchased with properly applied assertion.

Do you think that INFJs have a way of ignoring the obvious? If so, why do you think we do it?

I think a number of members have responded with a number of spot-on theories on "why we do it" and hesistance to rock the boat is one of them.

But what I'd like to touch upon is that INFJ's are often more than aware of the obvious; in fact, if there is anything I've learned about my fellow members, we're quite astute at uncovering things that are not so obvious. More often than not, we have a very clear view of the situation as a whole. We just have a hard time communicating how we came to the conclusions we did.

Indeed, a lot of this information is frequently obtained and filtered through our Ni, which doesn't exactly lend itself very well to explanations. We can sometimes use our Ti to sometimes pick out premises and/or sources of our insights and connect the facts to our conclusion in a logical, orderly fashion so that others can understand where we're coming from, but often, it is not that simple. And most people don't react favorably to claims with no evidence other than "I just know..."

So, we keep our mouth shut, because what may seem "obvious" to us, may or may not be obvious to other folks and we rather not be put in the tough spot in having to explain (and not knowing how to word it just right; that's the Ti precision!) just how we came to our conclusions.

That's my $0.02

Last edited:
I think, too, that it's in the nature of an INFJ to avoid confrontation unless they've been trained or brought up to deal with difficult situations. Also, it's easier to let people "in charge" handle things when it gets too rough.

We're sensitive beings; we don't like people yelling at us and we don't like being in the middle of things we haven't yet processed in our heads. But if someone attacks a person we admire or are close or attacks a group we've sworn to protect, to you can bet we'll come out swinging.

My LORD....

You just brought me back a really intresting memory. Thank you

We're sensitive beings; we don't like people yelling at us and we don't like being in the middle of things we haven't yet processed in our heads. But if someone attacks a person we admire or are close or attacks a group we've sworn to protect, you can bet we'll come out swinging.

This got me into big trouble a few weeks ago. 100% true on all counts.

Truths like what ???

I for the most part have not a clue about all those implicit "truths" from INFJs in this forum.

Nobody has ever mentioned what those "truths" are as far as I know.

:noidea: :help: :doh: :lalala:

I process "truth" more like a T type than an F type. I ignore certain things not because I don't acknowledge or don't want to acknowledge "truth," but rather that I just really don't care in some cases. I'm tolerant of people as long as they don't get in my face or my space, or those of my friends. If I don't think my speaking up will be beneficial or change the situation, then I don't bother. It's passive, yeah, but it's never really bothered me.

If something is festering or risks festering, like a relationship issue, I address it fairly quickly.