INFJs and fame | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and fame

Heh, well actually, I would like to be famous. Kinda been a dream of mine. However, I wouldn't want it to be the 'Hollywood' famous. If it were for my writing, Kurt Vonnegut or Hunter S Thompson famous would be cool. If it were for my music, Billy Corgan or Henry Rollins famous would be cool.

Only if it's posthumous.

I don't know if I'd handle fame so well. I'd probably do the hermit thing and hide somewhere under an alias. Seriously, tons of people taking pictures of me all the time would annoy the hell out of me.

Look what fame did to the Beatles... I would prefer not to be famous but to have an audience that gets me. Then I would hang with them after the shows. Met a lot of artists that way just hanging out in a bar after a show. With out your audience your just a guy playing guitar...

I like fame, only not for me. :|

I mean, hmm....if it's not -too- famous, I think I can accept it (like say, being someone famous only in that specific circle) but there's still a lot of "OMG WHAT SHOULD I DO / ACT / SAY" coming out internally...which isn't a good reaction to have.

But world, public-level celebrity? I'd enjoy my 15 minutes of fame, collect my money, then run away to my house and hide.

i think infj handle fame the best and most noble of all types, because they get supported by their estp narcissist shadow... it just suits them to become the center of attention, unlike others, they shine with real light, their presence is undeniable and their position is unquestionable

as me, as enfp... nope... its a nightmare... never put enfps at central positions, unless u want them dead ... we are only good to save a group within emergency ... then we outperform entjs ... otherwise we better not get too much attention

Last edited:
Look what fame did to the Beatles... I would prefer not to be famous but to have an audience that gets me. Then I would hang with them after the shows. Met a lot of artists that way just hanging out in a bar after a show. With out your audience your just a guy playing guitar...
Agreed completely.

I used to think that being the bass player in a famous band would be the coolest job ever. All or most of the scrutiny would go to the frontman/woman and perhaps the lead guitarist. Meanwhile you'd still get to tour the world, and see thousands of people come out to watch you do something you love!

But to answer the question, I would do a horrible job of handling fame. I mean, I got creeped out when a friend of a friend (who I'd never met) recognized me from pictures on facebook. :) I'd probably have to go live on a deserted island somewhere until I got old and wrinkly enough for people not to notice me anymore.

I'm not sure I want to be famous, known yes famous no. I would quickly tire of it and despite my complete abhorence of conflict, hit someone.

Being an ISTP I'd just shoot everyone, then shoot myself. Or escape to an island in the middle of nowhere after said shooting and fake my own death, still retaining my funds in a foreign Swedish bank account....