INFJs and Enneagram | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and Enneagram

Ren said:
I think ultimately what separates our approaches is that yours seems largely selfless (i.e. thinking of everything fundamental that can be said on a subject, for its own sake) while mine is ultimately quite selfish (i.e. absorbing information for my project, for my own sake). I'm overplaying things a bit, but in this distinction we may find traces of the Type 4 versus Type 6 distinction - and there you go, back to Enneagram

totally makes sense; and this is plausibly also related to the sense in which I feel having a third-feeling-function is very fitting to me. I tend to be, as I've said, a little noncommittal on value and meaning questions....more interested in exhausting every angle, including the most fantastical...without really having an agenda that's more selective than this

Reactions: Ginny and Ren
Ginny said:
If this is correct, my 1 wings would be rather balanced after all, or whatever it would be called. Because I can be both Dumbledore-ish and Hermione-ish.

Yeah and with some, it's not even being w9-ish and w2ish but just being machines of 1s. 1 inherently blends the neighbors like all enneatypes do, and I think how balanced a blend depends on the person.

With 7s, someone like Pippin from LOTR movies is not very w6ish or w8. Moriarty from bbc sherlock feels classic 7w8, and someone like Audrey Hepburn's character in Breakfast at Tiffany's seems 7w6ish, not so much free spirited to taste life fully but some kind of deeper doubt about being chained or possessed/doubt about who one is/what one wants....dealing with it by trying to be wild/freespirited

Enneagram 6 is a head triad, of course you can be smart! I noticed that enneagram tends to run in the family moreso than MBTI types though. My dad is also a 9w8 but he's an SP, and we're very different intelligently. I feel comfortable being around him but he doesn't seem to get me much, although we're of the same enneatype. So don't worry--you can still be the same enneagram yet still very different.

Reactions: jkxx and Ren
Reactions: jkxx and Ginny
It does indeed, I can relate to some things myself.
@Ren, have you considered looking up your astro-chart (I know I ramble about these always) but it would give you other pointers to consider. Mine was enlightening to me when it was discovered back at 17 - although it rocked my world a bit more than I'd have liked at the time.

It does indeed, I can relate to some things myself.
@Ren, have you considered looking up your astro-chart (I know I ramble about these always) but it would give you other pointers to consider. Mine was enlightening to me when it was discovered back at 17 - although it rocked my world a bit more than I'd have liked at the time.

Sure, let's dig into my astro-chart. Can you be my guide? :)

Reactions: Ginny and jkxx
Sure. PM me your stuff or if you want I'll show you how to read it yourself on your own.

@Ren cool! Actually, when I started enneagram, I thought I could have 8 in me, but since I realized this was mainly because I associated E1s with the sort of rigidly unbending character with what seemed to me to be arbitrary standards....but this was very early on, and I broadened my concept of 1 -- when it comes to sort of rejecting reality for not living up, and constantly doing battle with this, and having a resentment when people have a 'whatever works' attitude...I easily get that.

In fact, I tend to think e1 behaves as an auxiliary to e6 (because the closer to perfection something is, presumably the less doubt one has about sticking to it).... I've considered core e1, but it seems to me I use perfection more as a pacifier than as something I'm intrinsically interested in. That is, it's only valued in so much as it's a 'you now have no right to complain' marker.

Reactions: Ren, Ginny and jkxx