[INFJ] - INFJs and Details | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Featured [INFJ] INFJs and Details

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Yollie, Sep 19, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 15 users.
More threads by Yollie
  1. RobRobRob

RobRobRob Newbie

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I get carried away by details when doing creative things. I like world-building so I think about how things like magic or alternative technology would work. Then I think about what sort of trade goes on in the world. Then I think about what sort of seafaring ships they use or if they use ships at all. Then I end up making an entire map. Then I think about what kind of paper and ink the map would be made of and what sort of education the map-maker has and what the accepted scientific view of the world is. Then I think about the various philosophies of the people.... So on.

I get excited by new ideas but also overwhelmed. Often times I quit a project because my reach exceeds my grasp. Then I shame myself for being too dumb to not be able to magically sort everything out all at once in my head. I never learned a proper way to manage it so have a slew of unfinished writings and drawings with good ideas that eventually unravel into incoherent messes.

I'm getting better at it, though, I think. The management, that is. I try to let myself brainstorm however I need when an idea strikes and then prune when I go back. I am just so used to giving up that it's not yet habitual for me. I hope to change that!

Asa, jennifoo, John K and 3 others like this.
  2. jennifoo

jennifoo Newbie

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Probably steer clear of jobs that require a lot of attention to detail like accounting, history professor, or transcriptionists. I can also get stressed speaking to people who can talk 100 miles of detail a minute on restaurants/traveling/people they know, but I don't know. I am also careful to add in details as I speak as to make sense to others, as I recognize the importance of details in communication.

Asa, Daustus, GreenTea and 3 others like this.
  3. GreenTea

GreenTea Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I'm doing a payroll course online. Just realising how bad at details I am. And spreadsheets are a total headwreck.

Asa, jennifoo, flower and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tris

Tris Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    I recently accidentally fed my dog wet cat food thinking it was her wet dog food. Hubby had to point out it was wet cat food before it processed for me

flower likes this.