[INFJ] - INFJs and Details | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJs and Details

Probably steer clear of jobs that require a lot of attention to detail like accounting, history professor, or transcriptionists. I can also get stressed speaking to people who can talk 100 miles of detail a minute on restaurants/traveling/people they know, but I don't know. I am also careful to add in details as I speak as to make sense to others, as I recognize the importance of details in communication.

I recently accidentally fed my dog wet cat food thinking it was her wet dog food. Hubby had to point out it was wet cat food before it processed for me

Reactions: flower
I have heard that INFJs struggle with details. How does it affect the lives of INFJs?
I am often complimented on my attention to detail. It's my Fe focussed on wanting everyone to have the absolute best experience. i.e who wants what, why do they want it and when and how do they want it? When I get it right it is bliss city.

Reactions: Wyote and flower
I have heard that INFJs struggle with details. How does it affect the lives of INFJs?
I write and do a lot of research. I often have a hard time knowing when to stop getting more details. I know I need to put boundaries around it all, but getting more details feels almost addictive.

Reactions: Charm and flower
Care to elaborate? Much appreciated.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I write and do a lot of research. I often have a hard time knowing when to stop getting more details. I know I need to put boundaries around it all, but getting more details feels almost addictive.
What type of research?-do over share because ya know, some feels like it's never enough. Wow me pow me. Learner become the teacher ;)

Sometimes I drop forks in trash cans because my brain thinks they belong there.
Sometimes I am so far in my head that walls in reality seem irrelevant, until suddenly they are very relevant.
Sometimes I will try to work out an elaborate math equation and get the whole thing wrong because of a fucking minus sign.
Sometimes I write things and they make no sense on paper but they were absolutely brilliant in my head.
Hi, do you struggle with math and please specify which kind? Also, *Ashens voice* hello!

Reactions: Wyote
What type of research?-do over share because ya know, some feels like it's never enough. Wow me pow me. Learner become the teacher ;)
An example: My wife and I wrote a play on the history of the Underground Railroad in Southeast Indiana. As I researched the history, it went from Southeast Indiana to a larger picture of the history of slavery in the United States, then to England, then to Portugal, and then to Africa in the 13th century. I had to stop somewhere because the history of slavery continued on back to the Middle East. It was a challenge to put the boundary around when to stop. It was so interesting and raised new questions.

The more we learn, the more we realize we don't know.

Reactions: Charm
Hi, do you struggle with math and please specify which kind?

I am actually pretty ok at math. I struggle more with algebra and excel at geometry/trig.

Reactions: Charm
An example: My wife and I wrote a play on the history of the Underground Railroad in Southeast Indiana. As I researched the history, it went from Southeast Indiana to a larger picture of the history of slavery in the United States, then to England, then to Portugal, and then to Africa in the 13th century. I had to stop somewhere because the history of slavery continued on back to the Middle East. It was a challenge to put the boundary around when to stop. It was so interesting and raised new questions.

The more we learn, the more we realize we don't know.

Neat. I read some Tom Sowell book on slavery. Only, forgot to verify his research. But since you're here, sir hand over that citation!
One of four of my college classes is about U.S. history 1865 to the present. Traced the ole DNA back far enough and my ancestors were subjugating each other like (Ancient Egyptians vs Hebrews kinda thing).

"I'm a, slave for U." *avatar touches face and gyrates*

[film set marker] Ahem... Folks, this just in from reddit ...

BRITNAAAAAAAY-ugh.png

Seems about right. (PARLOR TRICKS!)

Edit: by "Egyptians" I meant Nubian or sub-Saharan peoples. By "Hebrews" I meant Ashkenazi Jewish peoples. I'm gonna constructively let the curiosity flow this time with this question, meant for anyone: anyone gotta language, ethnicity, and facial morphology dispersion infographic/journal article? Please say yes. Pretty please!

:mclap:

So many details. I've been meaning to seek assistance with my communication. Anyone here into logic and linguistics n stuff? My brain is knackered (bit of a dope). What I'm saying is I'm a math major and I have a teensy weensy bit o autism. I feel like I'm supposed to read about logic so I can think/communicate/relate to people better. When younger I taught myself some logics but discarded it for lack of application. Halp! :fearscream:
Also I'm American and in my 30's. There now everything is cleared up.

I am actually pretty ok at math. I struggle more with algebra and excel at geometry/trig.
you > me , at math, for now. only doing math because it's easier than most the other icky, feely, short-term memory dependent majors. just need to pick up some comp-sci whatevers and whatevers. ya know? :tonguewink: k good. glad we're on the same page. btw, nice to meet you. :wink:

Edit: working memory, I meant.

Reactions: flower and Wyote
Reactions: flower and Charm
I'm very in touch with detail. I mean to be a perfectionist detail has to come naturally. I'll miss the forest for the trees before I miss the trees for the forest.