[INFJ] - INFJs and Details | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJs and Details

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by Yollie, Sep 19, 2020.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
More threads by Yollie
  1. Yollie

Yollie Newbie

Threads:
    MBTI:
    ESTJ
    Enneagram:
    I have heard that INFJs struggle with details. How does it affect the lives of INFJs?

2. Wyote

Wyote Dad of the Ded
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    Sometimes I drop forks in trash cans because my brain thinks they belong there.
    Sometimes I am so far in my head that walls in reality seem irrelevant, until suddenly they are very relevant.
    Sometimes I will try to work out an elaborate math equation and get the whole thing wrong because of a fucking minus sign.
    Sometimes I write things and they make no sense on paper but they were absolutely brilliant in my head.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Daustus

Daustus Technomancer by Day

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    So you want me to specifically detail out how bad at details I am. Uh. Let's instead say I get exhausted spending time focusing on them.

Let's talk high level future forecasting based on observed patterns.

4. Daustus

Daustus Technomancer by Day

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Oh sometimes I forget to use mouth wash. I have a counting system I use when I leave any building to make sure I have my possessions.

5. Wyote

Wyote Dad of the Ded

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    :mclap:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Infjente

Infjente Permanent Fixture

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infj
  7. flower

flower
    Forum Greeter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1 sx
  8. QuirkyLemonFlower

On Holiday

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Eeeerrrrmmmm.......

Sometimes I'll forget to do my daily house chores because my mind is a million miles away thinking of everything else but the daily chores.

9. Wyote

Wyote Dad of the Ded

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
  10. MegaHen

MegaHen Regular Poster

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    I oftentimes make one of my kids food and 15 min later they come up to me and ask where there food is and I realize I’ve given it to my other kid... lol

11. Zola

Zola Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    A very concrete reply:

I once worked at Starbucks. I was great with customers. That's why they hired me. However... I could not remember orders. If you don't already know, Starbucks is NOT a coffee house. It is a HIGH VOLUME fast food business with CUSTOMIZED products.

Imagine this: A line of people at the counter. A line of cars in the drive-thru. Mobile orders spitting out of the label machine. Coffee that needs to be brewed every 10 minutes when a timer goes off. An oven with sandwiches warming. Baristas jamming their butts off. A cash register with multiple menus and sub-menus. Supplies that keep running out. Conflicting directives.

Drinks: Hot, cold, iced, blended? What size? What kind of coffee in that drink? Drip, espresso, cold brew, pour-over, nitro? How many shots? What kind of milk: heavy cream, breve, whole, 2 percent, non-fat, soy, almond, coconut? What kind of syrup and how many pumps? What kind of topping? What kind of juice? Scoops of fruit? What kind of tea? Steeped bags, pre-brewed, scoops of matcha powder? How many of each? Or drinks that people make up in their minds...

Ring up. Total. Payment, please.
    "No. Go back. I want to use my points."
    Arghhhhhhh!
    Or "This drink is wrong. Make it over."

I lasted two-and-a-half months. I never became a barista. I never got to the point where I could listen to the next order on a headphone while filling the last order or punching the next one into the register.

High-speed, multi-tasking, low-wage, low-control, rote memory of repetitive details. Nope.

12. Roses In The Vineyard

Roses In The Vineyard Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    This is why working extrovert jobs that require a high level of sensory input and processing with less in the way of anything going on mentally is best avoided. For me personally it meant that I ended up making mistakes for which I would slow down to compensate only to be bitched at then pushed back into the fast pace only to make more mistakes. I'll never work in food service and retail ever again, even factory work wasn't that bad.

InTRovErT34 and Zola like this.
  13. acht

acht Four

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    When I worked as a manager in retail, attention to detail was always my biggest struggle. But I think when you realise it, you can work with that. I was great with a big picture, with noticing things that need improving and I was also able to see if the final solution is 100% ok, but I would focus on up to 90% of the job and then I'd ask someone else to finish off.

But funny enough, when I did have to focus on details, I normally treated it as a "therapy" - I still wasn't great at it, but having to focus on, for example, facing all the products would keep my mind running freely, whilst I knew I'm still physically present. Of course that couldn't go for too long :)

Long story short - details => delegate. At least I was always honest about it :)

14. Zola

Zola Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Yeah! And get scolded by my boss in front of my co-workers. Then she would apologize in private. And I would say, "I don't take it personally," because I didn't. I knew: It was the wrong job for me.

Yet, when I put in my two-weeks notice, you should have seen her face: It said, "What? No! Don't go." Like I would stick around for more of that abuse.

I saw the big picture. I could tell what was wrong: Understaffed at peak hours. Unused second register. In need of one more barista station. Lack of separate pay and hand-out windows. Only one lane and register for drive-thru. Brewing schedule impossible. Coffee going down the drain. Poor inventory management. Too many new products introduced and never dropped. Phony principle of "dignity and transparency."

InTRovErT34 likes this.
  15. InTRovErT34

InTRovErT34 Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infj
    Enneagram:
    7w6
    Lol I really share that last one..

Wyote likes this.
  16. InTRovErT34

InTRovErT34 Community Member

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Infj
    Enneagram:
    7w6
    I will spend all day doing a task because I can't seem to get it to my Invisionning of detail,

I also start a project and by the end of the day I have 30 projects going

I've leaned up on a electric fence 3 or 4 times because I didn't catch that it was electric

I've put gas in Desiel motors on a couple occasions because that person asked if I would go put gas in There vehicle . I'm cloud 9 not coming down I heard gas auto pilot engaged.

I break alot if shit turning it the wrong way
    But I am also good at details as long as I am interested in what I am doing. If not I'm auto pilot and probably didn't catch 1/4 of what was said to me . I will go act on a single word .one time at work a guy played a trick on me because he knew I would drift off alot . Well he caught me doing just that and ran up handed me a mouse trap and a hammer and said hey man the boss asked you to bring these to him and hurry ...so without thought I turn and go find the boss hey man I got here as fast as I could Blake said you wanted me to bring these to you. He looks confused and says what the fuck do I need a mouse trap and a hammer for.. well I thought you were gonna catch the mouse and bonk it on the head or something. Idk I didn't question your motive ..

flower and Wyote like this.