SamE

Community Member
May 16, 2010
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
http://typelogic.com/infj.html

INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers.
INFJs are twice blessed with clarity of vision, both internal and external. Just as they possess inner vision which is drawn to the forms of the unconscious, they also have external sensing perception which readily takes hold of worldly objects. Sensing, however, is the weakest of the INFJ's arsenal and the most vulnerable. INFJs, like their fellow intuitives, may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality.
How applicable is this for you, please explain the processes you go through in your perceptive abilities?

Are INFJ's more perceptive than INTJ's, INTP's & INFP's in that respect?

from personal observation, INFJ are quite similar with INTJs in perception; the "aha!" or "wait, what?" moment....only in different subjects; INFJs seems very likely to gain expressive *I would say aggressive, but it sounds...bad* perceptions about emotions (Fe; "aha! maybe this person is -this and that and blah blah blah-"), and responsive perceptions about logic and rationality (Ti; "wait, what? isn't this weird?")

INTJ, as far as I've seen, seems to do the opposite; just like how INFJs can be very random about our perceptions, they are also capable of doing this. Their logical and rational perceptions are.. expressive(....they randomly make sense.), but their perceptions about emotional stuff are mostly responsive.

and these perceptions are, IMO, pretty different from the P in MBTI....?

Last edited:
I totally agree with that. As an INFJ I am always asking why is this person doing this or that, what are they trying to accomplish? That's when I don't have that instantaneous aha! moment. Not to mention, INFJs are entirely concerned with people. I could see them as having a reputation as a seer in the olden days, I'm really good at deciphering motivations.

I think INFJs are better with people than their INTJ cousins in regards to deciphering motivations, just because we are more concerned with people in general. I imagine INTJs try to make systems out of everything that are best able to define the situation and to get unexpected results. It's hard for me to fathom the difference between Ni filtered by Te instead of Fe though, so I really have no idea.

INFPs don't have this gift, I'm almost certain. Rather they have values and won't infringe on others boundaries. INTPs are just really calculated.

That's my understanding at least.

INTJ, as far as I've seen, seems to do the opposite; just like how INFJs can be very random about our perceptions, they are also capable of doing this. Their logical and rational perceptions are.. expressive(....they randomly make sense.)[ 1 ], but their perceptions about emotional stuff are mostly responsive.

I imagine INTJs try to make systems out of everything that are best able to define the situation and to get unexpected results [ 2 ]. It's hard for me to fathom the difference between Ni filtered by Te instead of Fe though, so I really have no idea [ 3 ] .

Maybe I could thow in a few ideas as an INTJ? May or may not help though -

[ 1 ] Random perceptions: You know how behind just one action is an emotion that tends to be contributed to and reinforced by an underlying emotional issue, and it all connects and makes sense? Behind every idea is a network of ideas resting upon a hidden albeit connected foundations of reasoning, with consequences at every step of the way for each accumulating idea.

[ 2 ] What is the best result?: Some people try to keep an eye out for other people remaining in a sort of harmony, state of emotional fortitude and general reasonableness, while other people try to keep an eye out for ideas to be streamlined and well pruned of inefficiency, ineffectiveness and irrationality.

[ 3 ] "I never guess. It is a shocking habit — destructive to the logical faculty." - Sherlock Holmes

What do you value enough to base your decisions on, and how much value do you place on decisions?
: If I could use the above quote as an example of a similar mindset. On one level it means that intuition untested by the rational mind isn't considered, as to not pollute the certainty of your backlog of deductive analysis. Kind of being mindful along similar lines to this: It only takes one bad guess instead of a calcuation from a structual engineer to collapse the skyscraper, all the way from wind load down to the geo-technical foundation testing. And a bad skyscraper is beyond useless; it can actually be a very expensive deathtrap with massive consequences - from careers, to lives, to the cultral psyche and consequentially things like the economic preferences for the construction industry. Its all connected like the butterfly effect.

Last edited: