INFJ or INTJ: which am I?

ceri

Donor
Oct 14, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5 / 5w6
I don't really know anyone here (well, more the opposite), but... recently i've been having issues with feeling completely disconnected from others which has made me questioned what type best suites me.

When I first found out about the MBTI, I initially thought i was predominately an INTJ, but later on down the track, i questioned that and came to the conclusion that i'm definately an INFJ. However, come a few years later - well continuously over this time - i've been having doubts, and not that it really matters in the end - i'm just curious - i'd like to settle this 'issue' once and for all.

Could you try to type me? Feel free to ask most/any questions.

Maybe you're a combination.

Most people don't fit a type perfectly.

The descriptions for INFJ, INFP, INTJ and ENFJ all fit me. I also occasionnaly test as ENTJ although the description doesn't really fit me.

My advice would be not to worry about it.

Yeah i've been thinking that too, but if that's the case, what's the best way to find out my function order? I think im too biased when i use those cognitive function tests..

Send a PM to VH. I'm sure he'll be happy to help you

What are your attitudes to thinking and feeling? Do you use predominantly Extroverted Thinking and Introverted Feeling or Extroverted Feeling and Introverted Thinking. Do your feeling more focuses on what you personally want and how things are likely to change your own mood, or on creating social harmony with those around you? Are you better at sympathizing or empathizing. Is you thinking based more on seeking to more efficiently execute your desires, or on finding out how things work and looking for deeper truths? Do you are more about real world utility or theoretical elegance? Are your values based more on your own emotional reactions, or on philosophical analysis or social norms? Are you a pragmatist or an idealist?

well... here we are
INTJ - preference means - ni,te,fi,se
INFJ - preference means - ni,fe,ti,se

do you think your feeling has been getting used in an extraverted way or introverted way?

do you think your thinking has been used dominantly introverted or extraverted?
do people often hear your thoughts?
or are you holding them back at times?

is your feeling directed outwards? or inwards?
are you constantly making sure those around you are comfortable?

are are you dominantly ensuring your comfortability first?

do you create a relationship based socionics system somtimes?":p
for the betterment of mankind?

or is it more to do with a politics base?

What are your attitudes to thinking and feeling?
*will get to this later*

Do you use predominantly Extroverted Thinking and Introverted Feeling or Extroverted Feeling and Introverted Thinking.
*will get to this later*

Does your feeling more focuses on what you personally want and how things are likely to change your own mood, or on creating social harmony with those around you?
Varies. With close friends - both although leaning towards promoting social harmony. With everyone else - more on what i want, although i am quite accomodating/helpful to everyone.

Are you better at sympathizing or empathizing.
Not really sure..

Is your thinking based more on seeking to more efficiently execute your desires, or on finding out how things work and looking for deeper truths?
finding out how things work and looking for deeper truths

Do you are more about real world utility or theoretical elegance?
Theoretical elegance, i think.

Are your values based more on your own emotional reactions, or on philosophical analysis or social norms?
Definately based on how I feel towards a particular thing. Although in public, my values tend to appear to be neutral (i.e. social norms).

Are you a pragmatist or an idealist?
I'm more of a mixture. Tend to have idealistic ideas, but then see the practical side as well.

Will get to the other post later too.

Hi, Newbie here, I discover the MBTI test a few weeks ago, it’s really interesting but quite difficult for me to find my type between INFJ and INTJ.
My I, N, J preferences are clear, not the T/F dimension.

I get INTJ on some tests (those who ask opinion questions like “You consider the scientific approach to be the best

You don't sound very INTJ in your posts. I hang on the INTP forum and it sees a lot of INTJ's and wow... they do not need to disclose their personality, it's one of those that jumps out and bites you more often than not.

If you're an INTJ, then one of your functions is weakly expressed, like maybe Te is being repressed or something and you're trying to rely on Fi. I doubt this, though.

INFJ with a stronger Ti sounds much more likely given your responses.

INTJ's very often are abrasive to others around them, even those closest to them. They'll think an argument is good fun because it gives them a chance to prove themselves right. A friendship where they debate and discuss intellectual topics of interest are INTJ's at their best. Unless you're an INTJ female, because they're often quite different. Society casts an odd screw in their upbringing and usually milds the abrasive INTJ quality; but it's still there as an undertone.