INFJ -> ISFP? | INFJ Forum

INFJ -> ISFP?

Jul 3, 2017
MBTI
INFJ
I've always been an INFJ according to MBTI online tests, even since I was much younger.
However, through an exhaustive search, I've come to a place where living in the present is much more important to me than having the whole world figured out haha.
I feel like I'd be more accurately typed as an ISFP / ISTP, or at least, that's the direction I seem to be growing in, which feels interesting.
Anyone else empathise with this?
Col

Reactions: James
I initially tested INFJ as a young adult based on my initial perceptions of my preferences. However, years later, when I paid closer attention to how I behave despite what I idealized, I began to consistently test ISFP. I've never been sure if the change was due to my error in perception, or if it had something to do with my own process of maturation over time.

Reactions: James
There are subtle but very clear differences between the dichotomies test and the functions theories, for what it's worth.

Dreaming/being less in the present are related to the dichotomies N, but not identical with it, and interestingly, there are lots of things about a "sensation" function preference that would relate positively to the Big 5 version of N (Openness to Experience).