INFJ Interests | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Interests

Ok, this is the one I really wanted to bump. I saw two others that I ended up bumping too. Does this sound like any of you? Especially interested in the INFJ response here.
You WOULD bump this thread lol. Yes, I am also very interested in what interests these other INFJs have. My interests change every five years or so.

Currently I am into Singing, piano, reading, drawing, sign langauge, Typology, Mind puzzles to improve my Se, and jewlery making.

My interests (and skill sets) are all over the place as well. In the past three jobs I've had I've been an accountant, web designer, and marine diesel mechanic. Every where I work I turn in the jack-of-all-trades. Even at my current job I am the newest and most inexperienced, but have the broadest skill set.

Hmm; I too seem to be a jack-of-all-trades, though I certainly have some constrained interests.

Sciences[Astro(nomy/physics), Physics, Geology/Minerology, Biology, Xeno____ology, etc], web design and game programming, 3d art and constructive geometry, politics, photography, road trips, environmentalism and human responsibility training, novel writing, rockhounding, kayaking, hiking, biking, hmm.. maybe be it for the moment

I find I intensely obsess on something for a period of time, then move on. In some things the skills stay, like shooting pool. In others like my guitar playing, the skills fade quite a bit with disuse. I've always been interested in astronomy. The new discoveries we constantly see now keep me coming back to that.

I also have a tendency to obsess or get addicted to an activity, the addiction may last for a few days to a year. I've obsessed over video games, bodybuilding, and playing flute/guitar.

-Video games last for years and then I take a short break
-Bodybuilding for 2 months
- Flute/guitar I am doing now, we'll see how long it lasts.

There are no connections between these three activities whatsoever :3
I guess it's because I'm struggling to express myself so I focus on what seems interesting to me at the moment.

I'm an ISFJ, but I wanted to share :>

Last edited:
I don't think any type of behavior is exclusive to any type. Certain types just have greater tendencies. I would like to hear from anyone who wants to comment. Perhaps there is a deeper connection we don't see--such as a "J" connection to obsession. Carry on...

I find that I obsess about certain things/places but eventually discover something else that captures my attention and obsess about it instead, leaving the old thing behind in disuse.

My dad tells me that I tire of same-ness. That I seem to always need variety or change.

I'm not sure what this is tied to but he's right. There are very few things that I've stuck with over the years. Studying Japanese would be one of them. Weightlifting would be another.

But things like guitar, cycling, interests in certain cars, resurrecting the shambles of my Spanish, to name a few, have captured my attention on and off for years but I never stick with them.

I don't know why I do this..

Staying in every friday night.

Wait. What.

Reactions: Questingpoet
Black holes.

I realize "Black holes." doesn't really give much detail
or insight so I am now going to elaborate:
I have the same tendencies, to shift my interest to
something else when I start to "master" whatever it
is I am currently focused on. Black holes are really
special for me (this is awkwardly phrased; apologies)
and I feel as though I will never lose interest because
they are something that can never necessarily be mastered.
Like a fisherman masters bait.