INFJ INFP... INFJ INFP?? | INFJ Forum

INFJ INFP... INFJ INFP??

Kinley

Jul 14, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
It seems like every few months I get into a tizzy over whether I am INFJ or INFP, despite having done every version of the MBTI test I could find— both the unofficial and official ones — a dozen times or more, and almost 100% of the time coming out as INFJ. This could be construed as a sign of my non INFJ-ness since most INFJ’s don’t suffer these pangs of doubt once they have settled on one particular conclusion. My way of explaining this is that I think I am both equally intuitive and logical, which leads me to overthink things and get lost in the whole Ni-Ti loop process.

Here are a few P like traits of mine, in no particular order…

• Coming back home to live with my ISTP mom, I can see how very differently our mental processes work. I am very quick to understand context and pick up on what is really being said or asked, whereas she will take every word at face value. My brain will do a quick scan of the environment and lock in on the right thing immediately.

• Apparently INFJ's are known for their penetrative gazes and calm composures. That doesn't describe me too much. I'm someone with a ton of nervous energy, and my mind is capable of moving very fast and you will see it when I get excited about something… my eyes go wide and bright, shifting back and forth rapidly, while my face assumes a sort of rapt or giddy sort of look. LOL, I must look a bit silly to others in those moments. But overall my facial expressions are quite mobile and changeable, definitely no resting bi*** face for me.

• Some people have said that INFJ’s tend to be quite stubborn in their views,… that's not me either. I am quite easily swayed by the opinions of others, as in a social setting, which is when I am most susceptible and will lead me to doubt the validity of my thoughts. Not ALL the time, mind you. It's only once I find myself alone to contemplate things that I am better able to find my bearings and figure out what seems right to me. It’s like when I try to access the other’s perspective I can get lost in the rationale of their thoughts and that’s when doubts over my own beliefs set in.

• Another random thing is that my thoughts will often flash through my mind and then disappear in the same instant. I then have trouble remembering what I was just thinking about. Literally, in the time that it takes me to pick up a pen and paper, the thought will have come and gone. Happens to me all the time! Likewise, I am not very good at brainstorming and coming up with a gazillion diverse ideas on the spot. I am very curious about lots of things, but perhaps because of all that nervous tension I live with, I tend to be impatient and impulsive in what I pay attention to. Actually this generalized anxiety that I have might be the main contributing factor to all my mental hand-wringing.

• I also have trouble finishing a lot of the things I start, but this vexes me terribly and I suffer for it. Although I think this has more to do with my perfectionism and anxiety than anything else MBTI-related. I procrastinate over a great many things. For example, I struggled over finishing my essays and papers at school because of my inability to really know when to stop researching. You might take this to be an INFP indicator but I think it just has to do with my perfectionism, my wanting to get that A-grade. I will read as much as I can and over time a definite insight or theory will emerge and entrench itself in my mind, for which I will then try to find the right supporting evidence, but this is where I struggle. Because even though I think the connection is super clear and self-evident, someone else reading it might not see the connection as being logical or straight-forward enough. AND not only that, my theory is liable to change with new information, so I will keep on reading in hopes of finding more evidence to ensure that my theory is fool-proof. So what… does that say? That I should avoid writing academic essays?

• I don’t have a zillion interests, just three. But I am highly curious about lots of diverse subjects and can easily get sidetracked, even though I always drag my attention back to the task at hand. But forget about trying to get me to work on all three goals in one day, with any sort of consistency. I just can't seem to do it to my satisfaction. I want to play piano, write and draw everyday, but I can't seem to make myself keep to a rigid schedule for two days straight. It's gotten to the point where I am wanting to give up trying to learn the piano. :(

Thanks for listening to my ramble, everyone. :m172: Do any of these things resonate with you guys who are certain of your type?

"Some people have said that INFJ’s tend to be quite stubborn in their views,… that's not me either. I am quite easily swayed by the opinions of others, as in a social setting, which is when I am most susceptible and will lead me to doubt the validity of my thoughts. Not ALL the time, mind you. It's only once I find myself alone to contemplate things that I am better able to find my bearings and figure out what seems right to me. It’s like when I try to access the other’s perspective I can get lost in the rationale of their thoughts and that’s when doubts over my own beliefs set in."

This sounds like Fe (extroverted feeling) to me. With Fe, the ideas and beliefs of others are often taken into account in forming your own beliefs, whereas with Fi (introverted feeling) simply "feels" what is "right" or "wrong" and usually, if this greatly conflicts with their own values, will totally ignore the other person's obviously wrong perspective.

"I find myself alone to contemplate things that I am better able to find my bearings and figure out what seems right to me."

This sentence stuck me as being Ni - like. INFP's are usually quick to grasp other's points of view and to know their own feelings on the issue, whereas INFJ's sometimes need a longer time alone to fully flesh out everything about it.

INFJ's are Ni (introverted intuition) users, whereas INFP's are Ne (extroverted intuition) users.

INFJ's are Fe users whereas INFP's are Fi users.

"I also have trouble finishing a lot of the things I start, but this vexes me terribly and I suffer for it"

Oh yeah, that's me alright.

"Another random thing is that my thoughts will often flash through my mind and then disappear in the same instant."

This happens to me occasionally but not very often. Normally I have to wake up first...which takes time.

My suggestion is that you research the cognitive functions and find out which one best describes you.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Cognitive-Functions/

INFP function order:

Fi
Ne
Si
Te

INFJ function order:

Ni
Fe
Ti
Se

Are you sure you're an introvert? You could be an ENFJ or an ENFP which might lead to you getting muddled up.

I'll list some more common traits of INFP's and INFJ's that you might or might not be able to relate to:

INFP's

- Sometimes bottle up their anger or annoyance due to a dislike/desiring to avoid conflict and then let it all out in one violent burst
- Have strong and vivid imaginations that are stronger the stronger their feelings are
- Usually lazy and procrastinators (that's me alright ;) )
- Often have strong visual memories or past events and nostalgic experiences (Si)
- Are quick to understand and process large amounts of information, as long as they are interested in the subject (history for me)
- Have a large database of random facts they find interesting
- Enjoy creative writing and dislike purely logical things like science and math
- Often have one or more strong values that should not be violated repeatedly unless you want to die
- Practically never plan anything
- Enjoy metal (okay, this one's kind of bogus but here you go anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivgCD31iKyg )
- Trust and rely on their immediate feelings in the moment as their primary measure of well-being
- Obsessed to a varying degree - a lot for me - with their inferior function of Te (extroverted thinking) - Te means war and authoritarianism.
- Sometimes lonely

INFJ's

- Friendly and warm in social interactions but highly secretive
- Adopt their own values based on selected values of people around them (Fe)
- Generally hard-working and not lazy
- Enjoy a possibly wide variety of topic and interests
- Sometimes need time alone to contemplate and process information
- Makes lots of long-term plans all the time (Ni)
- Can find it difficult or even nigh-impossible to adjust their plans once they've decided upon something
- Sometimes find it difficult to immediately trust people if they have had bad experiences in the past
- Obsessed to a varying degree with their inferior function of Se (extroverted sensing) - Se means, I dunno, fashion or skydiving or shiny things. Oh, I almost forgot - also keeping themselves looking really nice.

Good luck!

Some of your writings do sound a bit Ne/Si, or even Si/Ne, oriented. I don't even know my own MBTI though, so don't take my word for it.

Thanks for replying. Did you pull these lists of traits off the top of your head? That's really amazing! I am not an extrovert by any means. Being around people tires me out invariably and most of the time I would much rather spend time reading or pursuing my own interests.

INFP's

- Sometimes bottle up their anger or annoyance due to a dislike/desiring to avoid conflict and then let it all out in one violent burst
I've had a few outbursts in the past, that is true. I have a strong dislike for conflict, BUT, at the same time, I see conflict as a natural and unavoidable part of life. I tend to be very upfront about tackling any feelings of discord in conflict situations. I am not passive aggressive and actually actively eschew that kind of behaviour.

- Have strong and vivid imaginations that are stronger the stronger their feelings are
I don't think so... I have trouble relating to this one.

- Usually lazy and procrastinators (that's me alright ;) )
I criticize myself for being lazy but it's not true if I were to be fair to myself. My mind is constantly on, so although I may be averse to action and have trouble putting my plans into motion, I would be quite upset if someone were to accuse me of being lazy. I'd be quick to prove them wrong! :(

- Often have strong visual memories or past events and nostalgic experiences (Si)
A few memories may stick out for me but I don't have what you would call photographic or eidetic memory. My memory is pretty weak in general, actually.

- Are quick to understand and process large amounts of information, as long as they are interested in the subject (history for me)
Even without the interest I can still do this, I think. Say, when researching a certain topic for a course.

- Have a large database of random facts they find interesting
I do know a lot of random things!

- Enjoy creative writing and dislike purely logical things like science and math
I am good at math and science. Funny thing is I had never thought of myself as being particularly creative until recently.

- Often have one or more strong values that should not be violated repeatedly unless you want to die
There are a few things that I value, such as honesty and integrity, and if those values are repeatedly transgressed I would probably shut that person out. But I tend to be very forgiving and tolerant with people.

- Practically never plan anything
Oh god, I plan and plan for everything and that's all I do. I feel lost and confused if I am thrust into a situation for which I didn't have the occasion to plan.

- Enjoy metal (okay, this one's kind of bogus but here you go anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivgCD31iKyg )
Nooooope LOL. Not me. Could be a female thing, however.

- Trust and rely on their immediate feelings in the moment as their primary measure of well-being
I am a very emotional person, yes, but I had to think hard about this question because I don't often know what I'm feeling until I check in with myself.

- Obsessed to a varying degree - a lot for me - with their inferior function of Te (extroverted thinking) - Te means war and authoritarianism.
I do get obsessed with planning and wanting to create the perfect schedule, and reading about Te, I do find myself stressing out over whether the steps I am taking are leading me to my ultimate goals. So is that indicative of a weak Te in the INFP sense because it's their weakest function? INFJ's aren't supposed to be good at Te-related activities since it isn't even a part of their functional stack. I will have to look into this some more!

- Sometimes lonely
I am ALWAYS lonely. I've always felt a certain distance from the people around me.

INFJ's

- Friendly and warm in social interactions but highly secretive
I can be quite self-revelatory and expressive in certain cases, but I definitely hold back a part of myself in most social interactions.

- Adopt their own values based on selected values of people around them (Fe)
I try to find common ground with everyone I meet, and I like the idea of having my values be in accord with those of others.

- Generally hard-working and not lazy
Yes, I have trouble getting into action, but I'm always filled with plans that I worry will not get me to where I want to go. So I end up procrastinating which fills me with this soul-eating guilt.

- Enjoy a possibly wide variety of topic and interests
That's me!

- Sometimes need time alone to contemplate and process information
Absolutely need time alone to do my best thinking.

- Makes lots of long-term plans all the time (Ni)
YES! It's almost like a fetish of mine, that's how I call it. I love to plan... I wouldn't be able to stop planning even if I were forced to.

- Can find it difficult or even nigh-impossible to adjust their plans once they've decided upon something
I know without a doubt what I want to be in the long term; what I have trouble deciding on is the intermediate tasks that I need to perform to get to that point. If what I am doing at the moment doesn't seem to be directly related to my eventual goal I start to get antsy. But I wouldn't say I must rigidly adhere to a plan once it is in place because I can be spontaneous or impulsive too, and flexible to a certain degree.

- Sometimes find it difficult to immediately trust people if they have had bad experiences in the past
Yes, I am quite a suspicious person in general, and I am definitely guarded in some sense around new people. In situations where I am meeting someone for the first time, I will pay attention to their behaviour to see if their words and actions are in line with one another.

- Obsessed to a varying degree with their inferior function of Se (extroverted sensing) - Se means, I dunno, fashion or skydiving or shiny things. Oh, I almost forgot - also keeping themselves looking really nice.
Yes, I was very obsessed with my appearance throughout much of my adolescence and early 20's.

As I wrote in my first post I took the official test, back in April, and came out INFJ. I even took a screenshot of the result. And based on this outcome as well as all the unofficial tests I've taken, which all identified me as INFJ, it's incredibly confounding and annoying that I am still so unsure of myself. There is something OCD about my need to pick at this doubt of mine and maybe this has more to do with my individual issues with self-esteem than anything else. There is no way that everyone fits their type 100% so why do I expect this from myself?!

Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 1.28.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 1.32.04 PM.png

If you are INFJ, you are a perceiver, not a Judger, because Ni is a perceiving function.
If you are a INFP, you are a judger, because Fi is a judgin function.

Yeah, I know MBTI says INFJ's are judgers, and INFP's perceivers, but that is simply wrong. Jung and Socionics are in dissagrement with MBTI.

You sir, madam... person of sex I do not know... are an INFJ.

As I wrote in my first post I took the official test, back in April, and came out INFJ. I even took a screenshot of the result. And based on this outcome as well as all the unofficial tests I've taken, which all identified me as INFJ, it's incredibly confounding and annoying that I am still so unsure of myself. There is something OCD about my need to pick at this doubt of mine and maybe this has more to do with my individual issues with self-esteem than anything else. There is no way that everyone fits their type 100% so why do I expect this from myself?!

View attachment 21674
View attachment 21675

Because you are an INFJ.

[MENTION=11816]Kinley[/MENTION]

"Thanks for replying. Did you pull these lists of traits off the top of your head? That's really amazing!"

Ah, the wonders of Si. Now if only I could get all these stupid useless historical facts out of my head and replace them with something useful...

Well, you might have confused me and yourself for a little while there, but every single one of your answers is 101% INFJ. A few things I'd like to comment on, out of interest...

"- Practically never plan anything
Oh god, I plan and plan for everything and that's all I do. I feel lost and confused if I am thrust into a situation for which I didn't have the occasion to plan. "

The only real life INFJ I ever knew (they're really rare) was exactly the same. The reason for you feeling lost or confused is that not planning forces you into using your extroverted perceiving function, which is your inferior Se, which is, obviously, a problem. For INFP's Ne and Si in the middle of the functional stack are perfect for quickly interpreting the immediate situation. Although I've had ENTP's (Ne dominant) react even faster than me to the immediate situation, to the point where they would give an acceptable answer to my sentence before I had even finished it.

"Obsessed to a varying degree - a lot for me - with their inferior function of Te (extroverted thinking) - Te means war and authoritarianism.
I do get obsessed with planning and wanting to create the perfect schedule, and reading about Te, I do find myself stressing out over whether the steps I am taking are leading me to my ultimate goals. So is that indicative of a weak Te in the INFP sense because it's their weakest function? INFJ's aren't supposed to be good at Te-related activities since it isn't even a part of their functional stack. I will have to look into this some more!"

That's why it might be good to have an INTJ or an ENFP in an INFJ's life, someone who they can closely confide in to hear their plans, because otherwise Ti (introverted thinking) isn't very good at implementing real world solutions that are logic instead of people-based. I've actually had an INTP (Ti dominant) tell me his hilariously over-complex plans for world domination (they included creating an army of brainwashed minions and something about an EMP device), at the end of which I simply said, relying on my Te: "That won't work."

"There are a few things that I value, such as honesty and integrity, and if those values are repeatedly transgressed I would probably shut that person out. But I tend to be very forgiving and tolerant with people."

INFP's don't really shut anybody out, although if they're annoyed they might just keep their distance until that person changes (if they do). The values, though, are much less... how do I say?...broad, perhaps. Honesty and integrity sound like my primary school motto's, no offence meant, whereas religion might be a value for INFP's - these values are usually very personal for them - a classic example is Isabella from Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, who absolutely refuses to violate her Catholicism even to the point where her brother would die if she didn't.

"- Adopt their own values based on selected values of people around them (Fe)
I try to find common ground with everyone I meet, and I like the idea of having my values be in accord with those of others."

Fe, fe, fe. An INFP won't care if you're values are in accord with theirs, they only care whether something is right or wrong, full stop.

"- Makes lots of long-term plans all the time (Ni)
YES! It's almost like a fetish of mine, that's how I call it. I love to plan... I wouldn't be able to stop planning even if I were forced to."

No words needed. I find it amusing how much someone can truly enjoy something I find so boring! Nevertheless, as Ni is your dominant function you can safely be bet this isn't at all unusual.

"- Have strong and vivid imaginations that are stronger the stronger their feelings are
I don't think so... I have trouble relating to this one."

Curious... how visually descriptive is your imagination, would you say, if you don't mind me asking? Mine can almost be as good as a movie, for example, sometimes.

"- Trust and rely on their immediate feelings in the moment as their primary measure of well-being
I am a very emotional person, yes, but I had to think hard about this question because I don't often know what I'm feeling until I check in with myself."

Interesting... I think INFP's know exactly what they feel all the time. Could you explain what "checking in with yourself" means? Do you mean like you'll check what you're feeling and then try to describe it (eg. envy, guilt etc)?

"Yes, I was very obsessed with my appearance throughout much of my adolescence and early 20's."

And there's the Se. My friend was also kind of obsessed with her appearance. Which is why she is such a great dresser, for instance.

Have no fear. You have obviously found the correct forum today.

Last edited:
If you are INFJ, you are a perceiver, not a Judger, because Ni is a perceiving function.
If you are a INFP, you are a judger, because Fi is a judgin function.

Yeah, I know MBTI says INFJ's are judgers, and INFP's perceivers, but that is simply wrong. Jung and Socionics are in dissagrement with MBTI.

No, INFJs aren't perceivers, and INFPs aren't judgers, there's no need to complicate this further.

To the OP: You seem INFP. Ne seems to be your homebase opposed to Ni.

Where MBTI fails, Socionics shines.

No, INFJs aren't perceivers, and INFPs aren't judgers, there's no need to complicate this further.

Jung was not in agrement with the view that INFJs are Judgers.

Yes. The leading function of the INFJ type is intuition; a percieving function! These MBTI tests with P-J dichotomies based on external factors confuse many people and lead to ever inconsistent results.

I say again: do it right, do it Socionics.

An aside on Socionics: Visual Identification (VI) is a grey-area and easy to ignore.( I like Filatova's approach.)

No, you're wrong.
He was only talking about the leading cognitive function, which doesn't really convey the whole type. As an introverted perceiving function, it needs an extraverted judging function to work. Unless you're basing yourself in another source, since i've never heard those words from Jung. Which doesn't really matter, because he was either, getting too much in depth with types, or giving an explanation of the Ni function isolated.

INFPs are perceivers, they use Ne to take information from the environment and evaluate it through Fi, INFJs use Fe to put their own hands into the environment, and work with it through their top function, that's why they're judgers.. If you have so much knowledge of the system, then prove it with clear delineations of types, not with useless over-complications. Saying that INFPs are judgers doesn't make sense, and it's pointless to say that, there's a reason why the letter P is there and not J.

You follow socionics... But hope you know that there's no direct translation between the 2 systems, just correlations at best. Trying to mix socionics and MBTI sometimes is a waste of time, better just keep on with the basics of both systems, personally i lean more to MBTI while picking some of socionics here and there to get a fuller picture. An INFp is not an INFJ, an ISFj is not an ISFP, the take on functions is different, it seems that you overlook that on a constant basis in your past posts lucyjr.

Last edited:
No, you're wrong.
He was only talking about the leading cognitive function, which doesn't really convey the whole type. As an introverted perceiving function, it needs an extraverted judging function to work.
INFPs are perceivers, they use Ne to take information from the environment and evaluate it through Fi, INFJs use Fe to put their own hands into the environment, and work with it through their top function, that's why they're judgers.. If you have so much knowledge of the system, then prove it with clear delineations of types, not with useless over-complications. Saying that INFPs are judgers doesn't make sense, and it's pointless to say that, there's a reason why the letter P is there and not J.

You follow socionics... But hope you know that there's no direct translation between the 2 systems, just correlations at best. Trying to mix socionics and MBTI sometimes is a waste of time, better just keep on with the basics of both systems, personally i lean more to MBTI while picking some of socionics here and there to get a fuller picture. An INFp is not an INFJ, an ISFj is not an ISFP, the take on functions is different, it seems that you overlook that on a constant basis in your past posts lucyjr.

So the nature of the second function, not the first one, defines the judging or the perceiving characteristic of a type. That is your theory?
Because it is contradictory. Let's take for example ENTJs. Conform to your theory, they should be Perceivers, because their second function is a Perceiving function, which is Ni. But looks like MBTI doesn't agree with you, and they called them Judgers.
So who's right? You or MBTI?
And beyond you and MBTI, who is right, Jung or MBTI? because Jung called Introverted Intuition a "irrational" function, and that can mean only one thing, a perceiving function.

No matter what you will say or think, just keep in mind that Jung thought Introverted Intuitives are "irrational", and in our language, that means perceivers.

And I will appreciate if you can be more polite and tactful when arguing, otherwise you will stir up alot of unecessary dust. Thank you in advance.

So the nature of the second function, not the first one, defines the judging or the perceiving characteristic of a type. That is your theory?

No. Fe or Te as leading or suportive equals judging, simple as that.

Because it is contradictory. Let's take for example ENTJs. Conform to your theory, they should be Perceivers, because their second function is a Perceiving function, which is Ni. But looks like MBTI doesn't agree with you, and they called them Judgers.
So who's right? You or MBTI?

Who cares, i wasn't challenging the system, i was directing myself at you.

And beyond you and MBTI, who is right, Jung or MBTI? because Jung called Introverted Intuition a "irrational" function, and that can mean only one thing, a perceiving function.

Don't know what's the point of asking me that, honestly... He was taking it isolated, raw. No one leads by Ni alone. The system haves a dynamic to it, functions work in cooperation, not in an isolated way [MENTION=9401]LucyJr[/MENTION].

No matter what you will say or think, just keep in mind that Jung thought Introverted Intuitives are "irrational", and in our language, that means perceivers.

No it doesn't... Read my point above. An INFJ is not an Ni alone.

And I will appreciate if you can be more polite and tactful when arguing, otherwise you will stir up alot of unecessary dust. Thank you in advance.

I was challenging your assumptions, and what you've said above, which is not true, so i wasn't too aware of making this tactful or considerate, i'd rather adress the point right away when doing it. I was respectful enough though, i didn't insulted you, nor called you stupid nor anything like that, and if it came out that way, my apologies, there's was no intention.

Last edited:
Are you very feels, but keep it inside? INFP

Are you very feels, but they reflect others around you? INFJ

Either way, you feels.

Some of your writings do sound a bit Ne/Si, or even Si/Ne, oriented. I don't even know my own MBTI though, so don't take my word for it.

Of course, of COURSE... knowing me as I am, I HAVE to add fuel to my torment by focusing on the two comments of dissent in this thread. Dear Elis, what is this about my writing having an Ne/Si or Si/Ne bent? If my writing comes across as stilted it's because I have tried to convey my thoughts in the clearest way, which takes considerable effort because it doesn't come naturally to me.

To Mr. BrokenDaniel, why do you think Ne is my homebase? Because of the way I seem to shuffle aimlessly through my ideas, unable to arrive at a definite answer? Because I don't seem to have that telltale sign of Ni-knowingness that can detect truth from falsehoods in an instant? Let's say everything works beautifully in theory, but in real flesh and blood living people, it's possible for a troubled mind to conjure up all kinds of specters of hesitancies and indecision that threaten to override even the most deep-felt convictions. What I am guilty of is a proclivity to over think and over analyze. Ni is capable of picking out what is the truth, yes, but like you said, it does not stand by itself. I'd never wondered about being INFP until an unfortunate encounter with a supposed "MBTI insider" who was basically a charlatan who saw in me a prime target to vent his frustrations with the world upon. My doubt originally concerned only over whether I was INFJ vs ENFJ - INFP had never even entered the equation, never crossed my mind, until that point. I started doubting myself only after speaking to this man who on the basis of one skype video conversation, using his personal method of "visual identification", aggressively, insistently identified me as an INFP (despite my reasoned objections, he was not open to discussion - is that ethical behaviour?) that I am now in this pathetic state, being the gullible, overly susceptible, self-sabotaging sort of person that I am, unable to stop poking at a wound that shouldn't exist in the first place!

Don't you know that having doubt, even if it is just one tiny drop, is enough to infect the entire whole? Don't you know that INFP's and INFJ's can both become confused about themselves to the point where their outward expressions (of their doubt) will look the same? Unless you are willing to dig deeper and look at the underlying processes with a closer eye, is it not rather irresponsible to fling out oppositional opinions without any due consideration for the troubled state of mind of the person to whom you are speaking, is in? I am not saying that people are not entitled to express their opinions, this is not what I mean. I mean that this is why I never fling my opinions in the face of people (because that's really what it is, "flinging"), but I get that off-the-cuff comments are a tempting form of communication on forums... but ultimately it shows thoughtlessness and inconsideration. You will say I never made it clear I was THAT bothered about my type, or maybe that I'm now overreacting, of course, of course...

This kind of thread never goes anywhere because it doesn't matter how many people state with definitiveness that I am INFJ - I will ALWAYS lock on to the ones who say I am otherwise and in so doing become discombobulated. Finding out that I was INFJ and learning about the MBTI was a life-changing experience, one that I don't take lightly. But yeah, what did I expect from trying to find my answer from people who don’t know anything about me or even particularly care to? Not even people in real life are capable of answering that question for me. I’m the only one who can, that's the long and short of it!

To me this sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself that you in fact are an INFJ. You seem more concerned with the perceived personal attack itself, and the ethical dilemma, than his standpoint - but then again I think INFJs are said to look for motive.

As for my post - I'm mostly just poking you. You seem to already have made up your mind about INFJ, so I wanted to see how you'd respond. I think Si and Fi can be very perfectionist as well, and you seemed very concerned with being.