INFJ INFP... INFJ INFP?? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ INFP... INFJ INFP??

[MENTION=11816]Kinley[/MENTION] -You are not an INFP. I don't know if you are an INFJ, I'm more than sure that this forum cannot tell you if you are an INFJ or not as a lot of people on here have mistyped themselves. You say that you started questioning if you were an INFP because some idiot savant with a MBTI hard-on tried to lean you towards their way of thinking, well I say asking a bunch of idiot savants on a forum what your MBTI is, is not really a step forward. Look it up, figure it out, understand that while whatever MBTI you are you are always capable of growing and changing for the better and in the end it should not matter what you MBTI is, it should matter who you are.

To Mr. BrokenDaniel, why do you think Ne is my homebase?

Because you've developed yourself with words in your opening post in a pretty impressive and detailed way, but you didn't showed any intention to arrive to a conclusion, you seem to be overtly cautious with that. Seems like a sign of Ne. Ni's are known to jump into conclusions WAY too quickly, all the judgers actually, in different ways but they all do, even the careful, gentle, and detail oriented ones.
All intuitives overthink, in their own way, and in a different fashion, i don't see INFPs or ENFPs as specially prone to that, it is just the way the they overthink.

There's nothing bad about INFPs, or not being an INFJ. Also i made sort of a mistake ftr, i've said Ne, which is extraverted intuition, so ENFP too is likely.
I know that's probably not what you want to hear now, there's a possibility that you are an INFJ, imo not likely, but this is not definitive at all, it is just an impression. Also, you're getting to emotionally involved with this, take it smoothly, there was no intention to give just a different view for the sake of it... even if it seemed like it.

Peace.

Last edited:
Because you've developed yourself with words in your opening post in a pretty impressive and detailed way, but you didn't showed any intention to arrive to a conclusion, you seem to be overtly cautious with that. Seems like a sign of Ne. Ni's are known to jump into conclusions WAY too quickly, all the judgers actually, in different ways but they all do, even the careful, gentle, and detail oriented ones.
All intuitives overthink, in their own way, and in a different fashion, i don't see INFPs or ENFPs as specially prone to that, it is just the way the they overthink.

There's nothing bad about INFPs, or not being an INFJ. Also i made sort of a mistake ftr, i've said Ne, which is extraverted intuition, so ENFP too is likely.
I know that's probably not what you want to hear now, there's a possibility that you are an INFJ, imo not likely, but this is not definitive at all, it is just an impression. Also, you're getting to emotionally involved with this, take it smoothly, there was no intention to give just a different view for the sake of it... even if it seemed like it.

Peace.

I think perhaps you were mistaking my original post as an actual verbatim record of my thought process in figuring out my true type, which it simply isn't. Why would you think I hadn't already jumped to the conclusion before, on this and other matters and occasions, and all this doubting in my post was my way of going back to unravel and test and troubleshoot my original insight? Perhaps I only wanted to show you certain parts, while concealing other parts, that I knew would directly affect how you responded to my post? What you noted as a lack of intentional closure came directly out of my awareness of how easy it is to manipulate people into unconsciously accepting the speaker's words as truth.

To me this sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself that you in fact are an INFJ. You seem more concerned with the perceived personal attack itself, and the ethical dilemma, than his standpoint - but then again I think INFJs are said to look for motive.

As for my post - I'm mostly just poking you. You seem to already have made up your mind about INFJ, so I wanted to see how you'd respond. I think Si and Fi can be very perfectionist as well, and you seemed very concerned with being.

Getting emotionally involved in matters that concern the self is a signature move for NF's, so yeah, what do you expect? LOL. The fact is that people get their hackles up the moment they sense that someone wants something very badly, then they must in some way be lacking that very thing, and second, people instinctively recoil from expressions of desperation. Even if I succeed in changing your mind and convincing you of my INFJ-ness, now more than ever, you will remain rooted in your position, precisely because you see no reason in setting aside your ego to placate me. Even if you inwardly acknowledge what I say to be true you will never tell me directly, because you would in a way be lowering yourself. Perhaps a strong ego is what I lack, which I believe underlies my feelings of confusion over my type. It's something that some more self-assured INFJ's get away with, simply because they were blessed with a stronger sense of self, or perhaps are less conscientious, probing, or exacting in comparison to me; I don't know.

You could flip this whole idea of my trying to convince myself of being INFJ around, and see this as a case of an INFJ who, although already possessing a deep-down knowingness of their INFJ-ness, just can't seem to trust that insight. Instead you find them battling futile doubts and being outwardly hostile towards contrary opinions that fly in the face of their intuition, which only trust and faith alone can ameliorate. Knowing all this why do I continue to ask these questions on a forum that no one can answer but myself? Maybe, putting the question out there allows me to clarify my thoughts and my position so that it isn't as much about hearing what others have to say, but what comes to me as I flesh things out, that makes me put up with these rather humiliating displays of doubt for public consumption...

[MENTION=11816]Kinley[/MENTION] -You are not an INFP. I don't know if you are an INFJ, I'm more than sure that this forum cannot tell you if you are an INFJ or not as a lot of people on here have mistyped themselves. You say that you started questioning if you were an INFP because some idiot savant with a MBTI hard-on tried to lean you towards their way of thinking, well I say asking a bunch of idiot savants on a forum what your MBTI is, is not really a step forward. Look it up, figure it out, understand that while whatever MBTI you are you are always capable of growing and changing for the better and in the end it should not matter what you MBTI is, it should matter who you are.

Thanks DonTaushMe, LOL, words of wisdom, indeed. Somewhere inside I already knew what you mean, but like I said above I guess it's my way of figuring things out for myself.

Ugh... I just spent an inordinate amount of time writing this post, which has been rather cathartic but guilt-inducing, too.... maybe that speaks to why my posts seem "impressively detailed"... it's because I put effort into piecing these things together!

I think it works both ways, other than that I don't think I have much to add.