INFJ experiment - does this persons voice cause a unique emotional reaction for you? | INFJ Forum

INFJ experiment - does this persons voice cause a unique emotional reaction for you?

StarsPer

Regular Poster
Jan 27, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
i fogot
So, I was watching Ted videos when I came across this one. And I began to experience something unique and interesting; this persons voice kept me riding on the edge of tears with her the entire time.

I don't know if it's because she was herself on the edge of tears and breaking down, or if it's just her natural voice, or even a product of her lung transplant (unlikely given the ending of the video)

I thought I would post this here to see if any other INFJs were effected unusually by this person / video as I was. It really was a pretty odd experience where I didn't know whether the emotions I was being made to feel were rooted in her own, or whether I was just so emotionally duped by her voice etc. Try it out and we'll see?

http://tinyurl.com/4mbzsve <-- using a tiny url because the forum was causing an issue for the original (alternatively, feel free to scroll down and check out peppermint's embed in the third reply :D)

And, by the end of it (don't read this before watching if you plan to try it!) I was very moved by her singing, knowing how much it meant to her and her ability to thrive, to live, and how incredible she was still at it, and how grateful she had to be. I was very, very moved by this awareness as I watched her radiate her lifeblood and identity for us.

Last edited:
hmmm that link wont work for me :[

Oops!

The talk you requested isn't here.

Check the URL

The web address (URL) may be typed incorrectly.
If you reached this page following a link on TED.com, email us at contact@ted.com -- we'll fix the error.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvwQXwJyaj0"]YouTube - Charity Tillemann-Dick: After a lung transplant, an aria[/ame]

I only listened for a minute and a half, but I find her voice annoying.

Her speaking voice is annoying but she is at the brink of tears. I don't think it's not necessarily nervousness though.

I couldn't get past her speaking voice I shut it off before she even started singing.

As much as her voice annoyed me, (singing and speaking)

This is quite moving that she has jumped this hurdle to this magnitude.
The sound was a bit throaty/closed for my liking.

@DevilDoll you should check this out :)

As far as the video this was very interesting and very impressive over all that she went through. Her voice is a bit irratating, but not really. After a period of time I found to be endeering. Her entire personality is very quirky/original so I found myself liking her quite a bit.

She sounds really emotional.

My voice gets weird like that
when I'm emotional. Shaky.

i had to stop watching. i was going to cry.

it wasn't her story. i'm used to sad stories, but she was having a moment.

Last edited:
I think her voice is cute. It didn't make me emotional tho. I only watched like 45 seconds of it, maybe I didn't give her a fair chance.

Her speaking voice annoys me. It's very shrill. It is not as obvious in her singing voice. Sure, I could nitpick and say things about her technique, but honestly, it's amazing that she can speak after a double lung transplant, much less sing.

The story didn't make me cry or move me physically. However, I couldn't imagine going through that. It's inspirational in a way.

Her story is inspiring and I understand she had a life saving operation. Nonetheless, her voice is annoying. A combination of Sarah Palin and a nervous high school drama student.