INFJ ex-bf moved on really fast | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

INFJ ex-bf moved on really fast

Well, don't take that for granted. We like people despite the low feeling stereotype and show it in other ways. Ti is very much about absorbing and understanding, Ne is pretty playful and open, Si is our loyalty function, inferior Fe is A MOTHER FUCKING WELL OF PENT OF FEELINGS SAVED FOR THE FEW WE DEEM WORTHY TO SPEND IT ON

Okay. Okaaaay. I'm not the enemy.

Bold of you to assume that.
Because I think I understand INTPs. I like to tease them too. I like to make them think I don't understand and I like watching their reactions. :)

Cleve. :hug:

You may have experience with and insights about INTPs, but I wouldn't conflate that with understanding

I'm not picking on you or INFJs with this, but I think types can really only understand other types so much and never truly be "in their shoes." Thus, I am an advocate of acceptance > (mis)understanding

Reactions: mintoots
You may have experience with and insights about INTPs, but I wouldn't conflate that with understanding

I'm not picking on you or INFJs with this, but I think types can really only understand other types so much and never truly be "in their shoes." Thus, I am an advocate of acceptance > (mis)understanding
Hmmm. Maybe. I think understanding requires more than types. Also, INTPs aren't easiest to accept. It's the out of norm pattern but some of us are willing. There's someone out there for sure.

Does that mean INTPs are unaccepting or that it's difficult to accept an INTP
It can be difficult to accept an NTP. I think there are too few types who are posed to do this.

We challenge people. People don't like it, frankly

We can be intellectually-challenging, eccentric and non-conformists

Who wants to feel stupid, weirded out and not agreed with?

Could probably also boil it down to being logical and open-minded. I mean, being open-minded and being guided more by logic than emotion would probably lead to an increased sense of accepting

Accepting in a sense of "humoring" at minimum anyways and having some ability to deflect and reject negative emotions about something

Last edited:
Could probably also boil it down to being logical and open-minded. I mean, being open-minded and being guided more by logic than emotion would probably lead to an increased sense of accepting

Accepting in a sense of "humoring" at minimum anyways and having some ability to deflect and reject negative emotions about something
Yup. What about INTP to INTP? Weirdly enough, are INTPs and INFPs compatible?

I don't think INTP are naturally accepting. I think we are bad seeing points of views that differ from our own. One thing is the exploring phase, when you are still searching for "the truth". This is the Ne phase, we could say. But once we settle on a certain truth or philosophy, we tend to percieve everyone else as wrong. The catch is that once our philosphy changes over time, it is very embarassing to look back and see how judgemental we were to others.

It's like someone who just read Marx and suddenly percieves everyone who has a normal job and isn't a radical leftis as a capitalist pig. That's INTP at their worst.

Thankfully, the intellectual honesty makes us constantly re-evaluate our beliefs so that over time they become more balanced and comprehansive. INTP perhaps benefits from aging more than any other type.

That's my experience.

INJs are oddly accepting in my experience. They are naturally skilled at seeing the other point of view. Also, they are great listeners.

I am always fascinated by one of my INTJs firends who, despite being very hardworking and succesful in the finance field, still speaks very highly about other professions that are perhaps more artistic and less payed. In fact, he said many times that he could easily see himself working in a bookstore in another life.

Ni is very good at seeing the other point of view. Si sucks at it.

So no, INTP would not be my bet as the most accepting type. I'd say it's between ENFJ and ENFP.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustPhil
To elaborate a bit my thinking:

Accepting functions: Ni, Ne, Fe
Judgemntal functions: Si, Ti
Neutral functions: Fi, Te, Se

That's something I made completely on the spot so it is probably wrong. But it looks fine at the moment. :grinning:

Damn, that's cold. I found this article, for which I do not know the merit, but it's literally the first when googling "most accepting mbti"

INTP #1

https://www.yourtango.com/2018315638/6-most-accepting-myers-briggs-personality-types

Shared more to point out some think we are accepting enough to showcase like this. Yet, we are hard to accept

You can already see the imbalance we must experience
I found this article the other day...
It says...
" INTPs actually ranked as the type most likely to door-slam..."

https://www.psychologyjunkie.com/2019/05/30/what-is-the-infj-door-slam-the-rumors-and-the-truth/

I found this article the other day...
It says...
" INTPs actually ranked as the type most likely to door-slam..."

https://www.psychologyjunkie.com/2019/05/30/what-is-the-infj-door-slam-the-rumors-and-the-truth/

I'm sure all types door slam. I think door slams are more complex that the act itself. A lot has to do with the pre-conditions, context, execution and post-slam experience

Look at the comment referenced by the INTP in the same article. It was a ghost. Frankly, an INTP ghost has a high-probability of being a "space out" than a "ghost"

We are certainly guilty of that. Mostly it's just because I don't really need to have an emotional connection, and time for us feels like infinite in some sense. Like it doesn't seem to occur to us that people experience time differently

If that makes sense

Doesn't make it right

Last edited:
I don't think INTP are naturally accepting. I think we are bad seeing points of views that differ from our own. One thing is the exploring phase, when you are still searching for "the truth". This is the Ne phase, we could say. But once we settle on a certain truth or philosophy, we tend to percieve everyone else as wrong. The catch is that once our philosphy changes over time, it is very embarassing to look back and see how judgemental we were to others.

It's like someone who just read Marx and suddenly percieves everyone who has a normal job and isn't a radical leftis as a capitalist pig. That's INTP at their worst.

Thankfully, the intellectual honesty makes us constantly re-evaluate our beliefs so that over time they become more balanced and comprehansive. INTP perhaps benefits from aging more than any other type.

That's my experience.

Really, that is somewhat different my experience, so this is interesting. I certainly have preferences, but I do not think I hold them over others, like if they don't believe what I believe, I will cast them out. A lot of my "bedrock truths" and "convictions" are perceived only as "the best for now" and still up for "challenge." I think that's how a lot of science works as well

Typically, I won't hold something as a high-probability-best-there-is-for-now truth unless I, myself, have beat the living piss out of the idea from all angles. And I'm slow to exert truth or judgement because of that

I think that is a part of the "intellectual honesty" you're mentioning. I have no issue accepting if I'm wrong. I think that comes with wanting the "truth" and to a degree being confident in your own intellectual capacity to handle the truth

Last edited:
Reactions: philostam
Yup. What about INTP to INTP? Weirdly enough, are INTPs and INFPs compatible?

INTP x INTP is a weird experience. Like I have had it before. It's like we can both instantly see how each other looks at things in such a nuanced way, and we have reasons we believe what we believe

INTP x INTP relationships would be comfortable for a little bit because we might find comfort in someone who might "get it", but I don't they would hold long-term because we need something else

INTP x INFP. I don't know. I certainly get along with INFPs. I only have had a few romantic encounters with them. I think we are better off with ENFP all things equal. Personal opinion. I am very high on Ne and maybe slightly more of extroverted INTP so I don't know

It's like someone who just read Marx and suddenly perceives everyone who has a normal job and isn't a radical leftis as a capitalist pig. That's INTP at their worst.

Sorry, last bit for now. I think an important distinction needs to made. It's one thing to have a preference and view. It's quite another to accept that something different exists. Like you can not like something, but still accept that it exists

Like it becomes an issue if the INTP would want to completely reject the possibility of something existing, and then want to completely wipe it out from existence. And I'm more focused on the causes rather the symptoms. For example, of course people would want to end hunger, poverty, rape, etc. However, it's important to discern those are symptoms and not causes of why they happen

This is why INTPs can be prone to nihilism. Nihilism tends to happen when an idea or pre-conceived notion fails in reality in some way. INTPs may then conclude that because that belief system or model is wrong that all belief systems or models must be wrong

It can become quite a challenge to find any belief system or model that accounts for all nuances that could compromise the foundation or integrity of something

To elaborate a bit my thinking:

Accepting functions: Ni, Ne, Fe
Judgemntal functions: Si, Ti
Neutral functions: Fi, Te, Se

That's something I made completely on the spot so it is probably wrong. But it looks fine at the moment. :grinning:

I think it's more like:

Experience: Se, Ne
Perspective: Si, Ni
Values: Fi, Ti
Control: Fe, Te

I think ordering and degree of preference would demonstrate "accepting" on some sort of relative scale