[INFJ] - INFJ-ESFP-ENFP love triangle | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJ-ESFP-ENFP love triangle

nickiex

One
Apr 21, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Recently got stuck in a love triangle with my female ENFP best friend and ESFP boyfriend.

The 3 of us were close friends before I found out they'd been 'seeing' each other behind my back and obviously I've cut them out.

I felt a very strong connection with them both; particularly my ENFP best friend and miss her a lot. I'm still hurting and I'm curious as to what you think of the dynamics.

Forget them, find new people.

Sexually seeing or just hanging out without you? Just curious.

Stop being a stick in the mud and go have a three some ;)

i think it is awesome that you are able to remember the good times, and miss them rather than just hate them, that is definitely the right way to go. i think its just that it isnt practical to formulate future plans with people who have no integrity, because you never know what they might do. this time it is your boyfriend or best friend, but next time it could be something that is part of your personal identity or self rather than your relationships. i think that the best thing (although it is also the most painful) about this situation is that two people with no integrity have left your life over the same thing rather than two different things for you to deal with separately at different times.

That they would do that without at least talking to you first, ie knowing that it would hurt you but doing it anyway, isn't something that you should put your emotional wellbeing on changing. That isn't to say it's not possible, but that you shouldn't expect it to be necessarily less painful than just missing them.

Last edited:
They sound like really awful people. I'd do my best to forget them and move on to greater things when you feel a little better. You must be in a lot of pain right now. Betrayal leaves deep scars and they often never completely heal. There is not a lot that's worse in the realm of relationships than getting a knife in the back like this. I think there's an important lesson to be learned here and that's simply to look for honesty, loyalty and integrity in those we form close relationships with.

I believe the best revenge is simply living a more satisfying and fulfilling life. And maybe achieving a thing or two along the way. You'll look back on this and realize how much they lost when they decided to do this to you.

Recently got stuck in a love triangle with my female ENFP best friend and ESFP boyfriend.

The 3 of us were close friends before I found out they'd been 'seeing' each other behind my back and obviously I've cut them out.

I felt a very strong connection with them both; particularly my ENFP best friend and miss her a lot. I'm still hurting and I'm curious as to what you think of the dynamics.

Interesting. How did you find out about it?

Yeah dump the both of them and move on. They aren't worth your attention since your BF or former BF cheated on you with your best female friend.