infj/enfx relationship? | INFJ Forum

infj/enfx relationship?

qwertysquirt

Oct 29, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Finally I think theres someone who cares about me... and I really like them. We were rivals practically in music class because we are competitive and are like both really good at violin.

I feel it happened for a reason, she came to my school out of nowhere. I've always felt a guiding light in my life.

So, I think shes either enfx or esfx, probably the first possibility. She's competitive and wasn't too friendly at first but then she asked for my number and she seemed much different then I thought, someone who I finally and compatible with. She's pretty imaginative, pretty social, very friendly, competitive. I'm unsure about the J or P part though.

I don't know if she likes me for sure, but I think its possible. I just always fear she'll reject me or is just flirtin around when we do flirt.

My fear is I will have someone who destroys me. Last time I dated (4 months ago) I dated an ISTJ and it was awful, I never felt so sad and betrayed and was depressed for a 7 week time period.:m074:
thank god i got over it.

I'm only a teenager, but I've never had a loving relationship, one short fling and someone who tortured me for a month and a half. I hope that something good will happen. I have a very good friend and the same happened to her and now she is in a wonderful relationship, 9 months and going strong.

I'm 28 and I've not found what you're looking for either. I don't mean that as a discouragement but rather as an encouragement. It won't get any easier. Since it won't get any easier, don't that it keep you from opening yourself up.

If you're waiting for the time when you're not afraid of being hurt in a relationship, you'll be waiting for a long time.

Have fun getting to know her!

Last edited:
Whoa Wyst!! Intense. Well, I'd say to tell yourself "We're just getting to know each other." That way, you'll set some parameters for yourself and won't feel so taken by her girlish wiles :) It's intoxicating to interact with someone you're possibly compatible with, so enjoy it! Just tell yourself "we're just getting to know each other" so you don't fall totally head over heels just yet. Allow the moments you two share to be fun for their own sake, rather than as a precursor to a romantic relationship, though that could be the result.

I'm only a teenager, but I've never had a loving relationship, one short fling and someone who tortured me for a month and a half. I hope that something good will happen. I have a very good friend and the same happened to her and now she is in a wonderful relationship, 9 months and going strong.

Yep, A similar thing happened to my older sister who is a ENFJ. Now shes on to her third partner. The first was abusive and the second didn't really give much of a damn about her.
The third is a geeky metal head but likeable, He's an INTP like my father, which is a good sign.