INFJ - ENFP relationships/attraction | INFJ Forum

INFJ - ENFP relationships/attraction

rachelbaker99

Regular Poster
Jun 14, 2014
MBTI
infj
On the Myers-Briggs site and many other sites, ENFP has been cited as the best match for INFJs. When you guys read about the ENFP personality, what are you attracted to? What are you not attracted to? What about ENFPs excites you or scares you? Have any of you been in relationships with suspected or confirmed ENFPs?

I personally find myself very attracted to that personality type, but only if the person is mature enough to have developed their Fe and Ti functions in order to remain grounded to the INFJ.

Though I'm an intj, enfp is considered to be the best match for us as well :p

ENFPs are pretty much the only type that falls head over heels in love with me. ENFP is the only type that chases me. I've met more enfp guys than girls. There have been at least 3 enfp guys (made them take mbti test) who fell madly in love with me. There's even one now. It's a major headache -very complicated! He's my friend. He's an awesome friend. I love spending time with him. We can talk about anything. I can be completely open with him! I can tell him things I wouldn't tell someone else because of fearing I would hurt them or they would hurt me. He loves my intellect. He loves traveling with me. I love how REAL he is compared to everyone else in my life at the moment. But a relationship just isn't going to happen. I love him as a friend and... he loves me as a friend and as a woman. Complicated XD

Here are the good things about an ENFP:

-Honest -Loyal -Optimistic -Trusting -Open -Genuine -Exciting -Lively -Determined -Not obsessed with what others think of him/her -Can be friends with EVERYONE* (ENFPs are friendly with all but only keep a few truly close) -Non-judgmental
-Spontaneous -Playful -Try to impress you -Do nice things for you -Help you even if it gets in the way of their plans
-Cheer you up regardless of how well they know you -Can sense how you're feeling about an issue and not be too persistent
-Love making people smile (especially the people close to them) -Want to make EVERYONE happy -Make you feel optimistic even when you are at your lowest -Give you faith in yourself and in the goodness of the world -Encourage you without coming off as pushy... and MUCH more :D

Obviously I'm VERY biased towards the ENFP. I'm also biased toward the INFJ :p

Warning! There are enfp traits that are totally incompatible with an infj. ENFPs are VERY honest. ENFPs know how to be sensitive and tactful but if your point of view is perceived as "stupid" by a particular ENFP, he/she WILL argue you to the death! XD

ENFPs aren't afraid of conflict and don't back down when they think they are in the right. It's a trait many INTJs share with the ENFP. This is one of the reasons these two types enjoy each other's company SO much! ENFPs are INTENSE... INTJs are intense... it works! INTJs and INFJs get intense around the ENFP and it's exhilarating. The best way to describe it is that an ENFP makes you feel alive!

I personally find myself very attracted to that personality type, but only if the person is mature enough to have developed their Fe and Ti functions in order to remain grounded to the INFJ.

ENFPs don't have Fe, Ti, nor any of the functions an INFJ has.
ENFPs are theorized to be matched with INFJs because the order of their functions compliment each other:

Ne - Ni
Fi - Fe
Te - Ti
Si - Se

ENFPs don't have Fe, Ti, nor any of the functions an INFJ has.
ENFPs are theorized to be matched with INFJs because the order of their functions compliment each other:

Ne - Ni
Fi - Fe
Te - Ti
Si - Se

Oh I know they don't have the Fe or Ti, I guess I meant if they have become aware that those are some of their weaker areas.

Though I'm an intj, enfp is considered to be the best match for us as well :p

ENFPs are pretty much the only type that falls head over heels in love with me. ENFP is the only type that chases me. I've met more enfp guys than girls. There have been at least 3 enfp guys (made them take mbti test) who fell madly in love with me. There's even one now. It's a major headache -very complicated! He's my friend. He's an awesome friend. I love spending time with him. We can talk about anything. I can be completely open with him! I can tell him things I wouldn't tell someone else because of fearing I would hurt them or they would hurt me. He loves my intellect. He loves traveling with me. I love how REAL he is compared to everyone else in my life at the moment. But a relationship just isn't going to happen. I love him as a friend and... he loves me as a friend and as a woman. Complicated XD

Here are the good things about an ENFP:

-Honest -Loyal -Optimistic -Trusting -Open -Genuine -Exciting -Lively -Determined -Not obsessed with what others think of him/her -Can be friends with EVERYONE* (ENFPs are friendly with all but only keep a few truly close) -Non-judgmental
-Spontaneous -Playful -Try to impress you -Do nice things for you -Help you even if it gets in the way of their plans
-Cheer you up regardless of how well they know you -Can sense how you're feeling about an issue and not be too persistent
-Love making people smile (especially the people close to them) -Want to make EVERYONE happy -Make you feel optimistic even when you are at your lowest -Give you faith in yourself and in the goodness of the world -Encourage you without coming off as pushy... and MUCH more :D

Obviously I'm VERY biased towards the ENFP. I'm also biased toward the INFJ :p

Warning! There are enfp traits that are totally incompatible with an infj. ENFPs are VERY honest. ENFPs know how to be sensitive and tactful but if your point of view is perceived as "stupid" by a particular ENFP, he/she WILL argue you to the death! XD

ENFPs aren't afraid of conflict and don't back down when they think they are in the right. It's a trait many INTJs share with the ENFP. This is one of the reasons these two types enjoy each other's company SO much! ENFPs are INTENSE... INTJs are intense... it works! INTJs and INFJs get intense around the ENFP and it's exhilarating. The best way to describe it is that an ENFP makes you feel alive!

That's really cool that you've had ENFP guy friends :) I might have had a few but I never asked them about the test so I'm not sure!