INFJ Archetypes | INFJ Forum

INFJ Archetypes

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by jyrffw54, Jan 11, 2015.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
More threads by jyrffw54
  1. jyrffw54

jyrffw54 שכינה עוֹלֶה

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I found this article a wonderful read, especially in reference to how the functions interact with each other.
    http://www.infj.com/BeebeOnINFJs.htm

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Alomoes likes this.
  2. Kgal

Kgal Magic Star Dust
    Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9 Mediator
    Sorry.... I was trying to read it this morning and I think I need several more coffees to make it through it. My mind absolutely starts to go offline when I'm reading stuff about Ni Fe Ti Se. :m097:
    I need a class....with only INFJ's in there giving lots and lots of examples.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cornerstone

Cornerstone Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Pisces
    Enneagram:
    Metal Goat
    Thank you! Fascinating stuff!

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I'm sure I was on that website at one point as well.

4. Erlian

Erlian Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    intJ
    Enneagram:
    6>9>8>5>1>2
    This reminds me why functions are almost as bad as astrology :p

I read the archtype descriptions and assigned what functions would fit that description for me.
    I tried being objective doing this, but I think some of them were incredibly suggestive.

These are my results:

Hero: Save the day
    Ni, Ne, Si, Te

Parent: taking care of others
    Te, Fe, Ti

Child: creativity
    Ne

Animus: purpose, inspiration, ideal
    Fe, Ti, Si

Opposing: adversarial, passive-aggressive, suspicious, avoidant, defence
    Ne

Senex: finds fault with everyone
    Ni, Si, Ti, Fi

Trickster: ambiguous, fooling and confusing others
    Ni, Ne

Demon: creativity, unconscious, source of evil
    Ni, Fi

---------------------------------------------

I tried fitting Se somewhere, but it doesn't really apply to anything.
    I analysed per type how many correct functions I have. I used 1 for matching. 0 for not matching.

INTJ: 1100 1100
    INFJ: 1100 1100
    ISTJ: 1100 0101
    ISFJ: 1100 0101

INTP: 0001 0101
    INFP: 0000 0100
    ISTP: 0001 0110
    ISFP: 0000 0110

ENTJ: 1000 0000
    ENFJ: 0001 0000
    ESTJ: 1010 0010
    ESFJ: 0011 0010

ENTP: 1101 0000
    ENFP: 1001 0000
    ESTP: 0100 0000
    ESFP: 0000 0000

IxxJ scores best. IxTP or ESxJ also. If I only look at the conscious functions, ENTP is best.

5. Trifoilum

Trifoilum find wisdom, build hope.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    Ah, this appears again. <3

6. Cornerstone

Cornerstone Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Pisces
    Enneagram:
    Metal Goat
    Is this sarcasm?

Kgal likes this.
  7. Trifoilum

Trifoilum find wisdom, build hope.

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5
    No ._. I just had read it once, and I do find it an useful read, if rather complex.

Does it sound sarcastic? I'm sorry.

8. Alomoes

Alomoes Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Now the question is whether this collective unconsciousness is a long train of society working or true biological memory, a la assassin's creed. My answer is I don't know. It does not matter. But I will guess the answer.

I think it is more of society teaching then instinct. But one cannot deny instinct does exist. As such, the question is whether instinct or teaching. Are we born a blank slate and then taught or are we who we are as we are born initially? I believe some people are born with instinct and some people are born with learning. And then there are those who are born with both. Both survive and live equally, but there are many tells as to who is who. Those that learn fit their mold imperfectly. Those that have instinct fit their mold perfectly.

Those that have instinct will enjoy enjoy what those who learn create because all things fit the magical formula that is instinct. One cannot ignore in the formula. Those who are strongest in instinct will react violently. Those who are weaker will be more submissive until they learn not to be. There is an unless. If your instinct is to be submissive, then you will be submissive. If your instinct is to be dominant, then you will be more dominant. One could argue that those who learn's instinct is to learn.

Nice Ni rant there in the essay. Look, I'm doing it too!

Now the question is whether this collective unconsciousness is a long train of society working or true biological memory, a la assassin's creed. My answer is I don't know. It does not matter. But I will guess the answer.

I think it is more of society teaching then instinct. But one cannot deny instinct does exist. As such, the question is whether instinct or teaching. Are we born a blank slate and then taught or are we who we are as we are born initially? I believe some people are born with instinct and some people are born with learning. And then there are those who are born with both. Both survive and live equally, but there are many tells as to who is who. Those that learn fit their mold imperfectly. Those that have instinct fit their mold perfectly.

Those that have instinct will enjoy enjoy what those who learn create because all things fit the magical formula that is instinct. One cannot ignore in the formula. Those who are strongest in instinct will react violently. Those who are weaker will be more submissive until they learn not to be. There is an unless. If your instinct is to be submissive, then you will be submissive. If your instinct is to be dominant, then you will be more dominant. One could argue that those who learn's instinct is to learn.

Nice Ni rant there in the essay. Look, I'm doing it too!

Oh man, another "INTJ". Why do we mistype as them so often?

The Se problem is a confusion with the function of Si. Se is the research function. Si is the touch function.

Socionics INTj is Bach. Funny thing. They only want us for their sick Ni games.

9. Erlian

Erlian Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    intJ
    Enneagram:
    6>9>8>5>1>2
    I always thought they both had to do with sensory stuff. Se being in the moment and directly what's happening around you at that point in time. Si being the memories of what has happened around you.

Words like "research" and "touch" are way too vague. But that's me trying to understand functions, which I tried in a thread on the INTJ forum. I failed. Still looking for someone who can explain them to me. (I'm not buying a book)

Oh and not sure whether you think I'm an INTJ or INFJ. It's much debated by others and there's a reason I dwell on this forum. Last test I did I got ESTJ, the one before IxTJ (perfect balance on N/S).

10. Alomoes

Alomoes Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Well. Only you will find out through your own research. :p

One must self identify if they are to grow.

Se is interesting. Being in the moment is Se, but with INFJs it is our last function. We enjoy being dragged places and having to react. We might hide it, but we do. It is our suppressing of this that leads it to be the research function. We need an outlet for our Se. The internet is a great place for exploration, don't you think?

I can explain my train of thought more if you want.

I actually read the article. I can explain why Te us evil. Te is physical action. Taking person A and moving him there. Or beating up person A when he doesn't listen.

"Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on."

I will organize YOU! As a note, Stalin was a Te user most likely, along with Napoleon and Hitler and so on and so forth. Also note, this is Te used in its aggressive mode. Each function has a bad side to it. For example, Fe is the shouting function, Ni can't take care of itself, and Ti is aspergers/autism. Si is over sensitivity to certain acts. Se will get you killed, Fi is oversensitive and judging, and finally, Ne. Ne can't take care of itself either.

Also note, in this modern society, where that kind of Te is bad, you use Te differently. It is your ambition.

#10 Alomoes, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  11. Trent

Trent Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
  12. hush

Site Supporter

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    pocketoli
    Enneagram:
    I'm trying to get past the Comic Sans and the hovering dolphin to the right.

It's hard, but I'm trying.