INFJ according to Berens/Nardi | INFJ Forum

INFJ according to Berens/Nardi

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
This statement really sum up a lot of what my last few years of life have been about:

"The challenge is opening up people’s minds to have their own original thoughts. I’m a listener and guide."

___

"I think I am a mystery to people. They never really understand me and part of me enjoys that. More often though, I long to be understood."

Maybe there's a danger to being understood all at once.

"I respect most the person who is willing to come forth and be an individual—to make the world a better place, or make a difference in a person’s life, where we reach each other’s hearts."

These won't appear very often. Perhaps circumstance and necessity are what produce such individuals.

Link: http://www.bestfittype.com/infj.html

Last edited:
Reactions: endersgone
All very relatable, particularly the first part (open minds/original thoughts) and the longing to be understood.

All very relatable, particularly the first part (open minds/original thoughts) and the longing to be understood.
Thanks for highlighting that part. It's not good to be misunderstood and unknown—unseen. Alan B. Jones, for example, urged people "come out of hiding" and to really notice people beyond the facade (good or bad). "We are infinitely fragile," he said.

I have yet to be seen, I think. I doubt that I even see myself clearly. Perhaps that's why I'm here: to discover myself through discovering others. Perhaps that's why you're here.

I have ordered the book Safe People, by Townsend/Cloud, in hopes of finding people a range of people to share my self with.

Line from one of my stories: "I wanted to be understood, and yet I didn't want anyone else to have the satisfaction of understanding."
I think we all really enjoy the fact that we are different and we think that to be these amazingly epic freaks of nature, necessitates that we will be misunderstood. Part of us revels in that misunderstanding. Another part of us yearns to have our hearts and souls and minds held in understanding and have someone tell us they love us, even though they know how broken, how powerful, how dangerous, and how glorious we are.

Reactions: Lavendel
Thanks for highlighting that part. It's not good to be misunderstood and unknown—unseen. Alan B. Jones, for example, urged people "come out of hiding" and to really notice people beyond the facade (good or bad). "We are infinitely fragile," he said.

I have yet to be seen, I think. I doubt that I even see myself clearly. Perhaps that's why I'm here: to discover myself through discovering others. Perhaps that's why you're here.

I have ordered the book Safe People, by Townsend/Cloud, in hopes of finding people a range of people to share my self with.

I think you're quite right (I've been thinking about this a lot lately), and I may have another book to look into :)

Line from one of my stories: "I wanted to be understood, and yet I didn't want anyone else to have the satisfaction of understanding."
I think we all really enjoy the fact that we are different and we think that to be these amazingly epic freaks of nature, necessitates that we will be misunderstood. Part of us revels in that misunderstanding. Another part of us yearns to have our hearts and souls and minds held in understanding and have someone tell us they love us, even though they know how broken, how powerful, how dangerous, and how glorious we are.

This is crazily true. x.x

[...]how dangerous, and how glorious we are.
Your quote and your sunflower avatar demonstrates very well the idea of a "freak of nature".
Why do you prefer to be known? You have "wanted to be understood"; actions speak louder than words, do they not?
Would you consider it a privilege for others to understand you?

(None of my questions here are anything but projections of myself, according to one theory. :) )

I think you're quite right (I've been thinking about this a lot lately), and I may have another book to look into :)
You and I—we have a similar "textual" style of communication. Quotes. You seem to like quotes and quoting and highlighting.

When we're finished with the book, we may have something more to talk about. The more we add to our intellect, the more we contribute to the world, the more experience we get. The more experience, the better we make ad hoc videos. ;)

(And no, the word "we" doesn't convey the meaning of "you and I". Nor does it differentiate between "we including you" and "we excluding you".)

"Connecting for me means being able to intuitively ask questions of people to get them to go deeper into the things they are talking about."
YES, wow!

"If we spent more time trying to understand each other’s point of view, to communicate more effectively, we would grow."
Exactly.