"I'm Christian, unless you're gay." | INFJ Forum

"I'm Christian, unless you're gay."

Paraphrased: "Your sin has nothing to do (and should not,) with the amount of love I show to you."

I agree.

Yeah, that's a pretty nice thought for someone of that particular faith.

It still sucks that even though there's a good chance that it's a biological thing that people can't change, they're still considered sinners, however... it's sort of like considering someone to be a sinner because they're left handed or have green eyes.

I guess it's nice that the writer is better than the worst of the worst, but it doesn't really seem like any cause for celebration. I suppose it's a step in the right direction though, so good for him.

I like it. I've never understood why certain Christians who offer services like photography would refuse gay couples because it was "against their beliefs." For instance I have a friend who is majoring in social work and she said the only people she wouldn't/couldn't work with were the LGBT groups. With that (Christian) logic, you would have to refuse all people, because everyone sins and everyone falls short of perfection.

But yes, I very much liked the message in this article. For some reason, I feel as if he could have worded it in a more appealing way. But he definitely got his message through.

This kind of stuff makes me so angry. So many christians do it. Growing up in a christian home, you'd see them being accepting of others who were different, and then acting disgusted and "Ugh, why did they have to go and add that lesbian storyline into ER? It's just so UNNECESSARY."

It's hard line to walk, between hating sin and loving sinners.

(The whole time I was reading this I kept thinking:
"Get to the point already, Jeeeeezus!")

So basically three pages later: It's hard to love people who don't fit your ideology when you are a bigot, so basically just treat people with respect and stay out of their personal business.
Ok.

You know what I find? I find that people who are insecure in themselves and their beliefs--who lack for self-awareness are the most hostile and bigoted.
Simple as that. If you are truly a Christian and you truly believe what you claim to believe in--then it won't matter if other people's values don't align with yours.
You won't feel threatened by gays or promiscuity or whatever issue.

People will hate when they feel threatened or attacked. Doubt is a very threatening thing for a Christian.
So sure, go ahead and hate the sin--but do so knowing that your hatred is the product of fear and not righteousness.

Or perhaps a part of "hating the sin" (or sinner) is reaction formation.
(example)

Last edited:
Reactions: JGirl
(The whole time I was reading this I kept thinking:
"Get to the point already, Jeeeeezus!")

So basically three pages later: It's hard to love people who don't fit your ideology when you are a bigot, so basically just treat people with respect and stay out of their personal business.
Ok.

You know what I find? I find that people who are insecure in themselves and their beliefs--who lack for self-awareness are the most hostile and bigoted.
Simple as that. If you are truly a Christian and you truly believe what you claim to believe in--then it won't matter if other people's values don't align with yours.
You won't feel threatened by gays or promiscuity or whatever issue.

People will hate when they feel threatened or attacked. Doubt is a very threatening thing for a Christian.
So sure, go ahead and hate the sin--but do so knowing that your hatred is the product of fear and not righteousness.

Or perhaps a part of "hating the sin" (or sinner) is reaction formation.
(example)

Right well let's get this out there then ACD, Should I hate rape? And If I should is it because rape scares me or is it because I know unequivocally that it is wrong force sexual relations on another individual?

Right well let's get this out there then ACD, Should I hate rape? And If I should is it because rape scares me or is it because I know unequivocally that it is wrong force sexual relations on another individual?
Yes because it is actually harmful.
Someone being gay is not an act of brutality.
Its apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloe Djinn
Its apples and oranges.

gay is harmful to my bum. :(

Reactions: acd
Its apples and oranges.

You only answered half the question, Yes I'm allowed to hate rape. Is it because Rape conjures fear in my mind or is it because Rape is a base action the no one of the their right mind would consider correct.

Is the hatred of Sin a reaction to fear or is a action of righteousness?

it was rather long and a bit scattered but i agree with his overall message

this is something he said that i can really relate to -

"They were able to look at them all and only see strength. Beauty. Potential. Hope.
And if we boil it down, isn’t that what love actually is?"

You only answered half the question, Yes I'm allowed to hate rape. Is it because Rape conjures fear in my mind or is it because Rape is a base action the no one of the their right mind would consider correct.

I answered your question when I spoke of actual harm..
The whole point is that some fears are reasonable while others are not. Some threats are valid and others not.

Last edited:
521787_10151454548630022_559575021_23438020_1067407953_n.jpg

I answered your question when I spoke of actual harm..
The whole point is that some fears are reasonable while others are not. Some threats are valid and others not.

So hatred of Rape is out of fear of Rape

It's definitely a reaction to fear.

Hating anyone is never righteous… but I do think that people have that in them and they need targets that can make them feel better about themselves. That's sort of the whole point, isn't it?

Reactions: acd
So hatred of Rape is out of fear of Rape

Honestly, yes. It may feel like it cheapens the subject but allmost everything we consider morally wrong is born out of fear, fear that it shall happen to us or our loved ones.

Although unlike homosexuality, racial diversity, gender equality ect, the fear of rape, murder, and theft are all completely justified as they cause harm physically and/or emotionally.

"Homosexuality: Animals did it for millions of years. Humans did it for the first quarter of a million years they were around. Then some guy from Nazareth dies and raises himself as a Lich

Reactions: Radiantshadow