Ignoring Friends | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Ignoring Friends

I understand.. In my case it's my dad that's like this, has sudden reactions. It's always about emotion. I think it's hopeless that he would change and realise his behaviours. So I've just completely given up on getting angry and just let him have his tantrums.. I always talk to him smoothly and quietly. I let him know what I think. He always goes back to normal afterwards and accepts what I've said (so in a way I also feel like his tantrums are just emotions he wants to express and let out, but not really directing them towards anyone in particular).

I understand.. In my case it's my dad that's like this, has sudden reactions. It's always about emotion. I think it's hopeless that he would change and realise his behaviours. So I've just completely given up on getting angry and just let him have his tantrums.. I always talk to him smoothly and quietly. I let him know what I think. He always goes back to normal afterwards and accepts what I've said (so in a way I also feel like his tantrums are just emotions he wants to express and let out, but not really directing them towards anyone in particular).

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. It's all emotions about what happened rather than giving the wrong impressions of having the person think you hate them or directing hurtful things to say. It's all because I'm hurt and want everything out, but I would never hate someone. Again, I think it's all because we care about the other person. That's why we would want everything out and let them know what bothers us instead of keeping it inside and then let it all out in the wrong way, which could end up having to end the friendship/relationship and not really having the chance to get everything back again like it was before.